[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/n ew-mazda-rotary-engine-p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: mazda-rotary-patent_3.jpg (42 KB, 809x657) Image search: [Google]
mazda-rotary-patent_3.jpg
42 KB, 809x657
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-mazda-rotary-engine-presented-in-patent-application-106139.html#

What do you rotards think about this patent Mazda submitted into the US patent office? Mazda completely flipped the engine 180 degrees.

Apparently this allows for longer intake runners to be positioned under the engine which can draw better air flow for a "dynamic forced-induction effect". The exhaust port passages will be shortened and improve flow capacity.

The patent also states that the re-design will increase available space within the engine bay and create room for a "large-sized exhaust turbocharger".
>>
>Guys
>We can't make the rotary now because people don't buy it and it doesn't meet emissions
>What do we do?

>LET'S TURN THE BITCH UPSIDE DOWN
>what will that d
>FLIP THE BITCH

When did /o/ get a job at Mazda?
>>
>>14776046
It's a pretty decent idea funny enough. Increases the rotaries volumetric efficiency, which is one of the issues they struggle with.
>>
>>14776035
>Mpg still worse than a v8 with half the power.
If I wanted a '''fun'' motor I would just a electric car or something.
>>
File: acb.jpg (30 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
acb.jpg
30 KB, 600x337
>>14776046
>>
>>14776448
But buying an electric means you're being different, for the same reason rotards love rotaries.
>>
File: Clash90Online_Mac2.jpg (29 KB, 613x816) Image search: [Google]
Clash90Online_Mac2.jpg
29 KB, 613x816
I am erect.

I don't care if pistonfags get assmad, I'm excited. More gas guzzling goodness.
And from a engineering standpoint I'm harder than the soft steel used to make engines
>>
File: 1444005654626.jpg (14 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1444005654626.jpg
14 KB, 177x278
>>14776448
>Rotary still manages to make more power with less space
>Still ruins peoples days on the track and drag strip
How the fuck would an electric motor be more interesting to drive than a rotary? It's your preference but I don't see the entertainment in them other than acceleration.
>>
File: Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png (437 KB, 635x608) Image search: [Google]
Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png
437 KB, 635x608
>>14776035

I don't get how turning the engine upside down is going to magically make the engine any better.

The rotary is essentially an air pump, and sure, shortening the time it takes to dump exhaust gases would make the engine capable of breathing better, but that doesn't solve any of the heat-related problems where rotaries are a FUCKTON hotter than piston engines at the exhaust manifold.

In fact, this makes it worse because more hot exhaust gas is pouring out of the engine.

If Mazda truly wanted to improve the engine, they'd just make them all turbo diesels and that would solve all the rotary's problems in one shot.

SOLVE THE RELIABILITY ISSUES
>Diesel lubricates the whole engine/apex seals/coolant seals without the need for dumping engine oil in the rotor housings, the engine will stay cleaner and will not carbon lock/etc due to cleanliness, Diesel engines wear a lot better internally than petrol.

SOLVE SHIT PERFORMANCE ISSUES
>Diesel operates on compression, which a turbo rotary generates a shit ton of and has incredibly high tolerance/limits for, so just boost the ever-loving fuck out of it and generate monster torque/hp

SOLVE FUEL CONSUMPTION ISSUES
>Different timing/boost profiles for different cars, map that shit so it's good at what it needs to be good at for certain applications.

Fucking mazda.
>>
>>14776677
>The rotary is essentially an air pump
>In fact, this makes it worse because more hot exhaust gas is pouring out of the engine.
You are so fucking retarded it actually hurts to read this. Stop posting because you know nothing about rotaries.
>>
File: Mr Regular.jpg (888 KB, 960x2648) Image search: [Google]
Mr Regular.jpg
888 KB, 960x2648
>>14776690

>Calls me a faggot
>Doesn't even bother to impart his clearly vast knowledge of rotary magic

Care to educate the rest of the class, shitlord?
>>
>>14776677
You should probably read the patent PDF before continuing to be a stupid tripfag or just fucking kill yourself already, because what you know about rotaries has obviously came from /o/.

Diesel rotaries have been attempted but non have ever been reliable because the seals cant withstand any decent amount compression needed to be efficient.
>>
>>14776035
I think they shouldn't even come close to getting this fucking patent.

You can't just change the position of the intake and exhaust and stop anyone else building a basic engine design, cunts.
>>
>>14776810
I called you fucking retarded, you faggot. I didn't really think I need to explain it since you obviously don't care, But okay.

A rotary isn't any more of an air pump than a piston engine is, or any other type of engine for that matter, the statement doesn't even mean anything.

>In fact, this makes it worse because more hot exhaust gas is pouring out of the engine.
That's whats suppose to happen dumbass, the whole point of is TO GET MORE EXHAUST AWAY from the engine quicker. That's what Mazda has achieved with this design edit.
>>
>>14776677

Stopped reading right here, typical of a trip faggot to try way too fucking hard to seem knowledgeable.
>>
>>14776861
That's practically what everybody does. It seems shitty but they have to protect their ideas somehow from others exploiting them.

Honestly who cares anyways? Almost nobody develops upon the Wankel style rotary except Mazda these days.
>>
>tfw a new RX-7

I hope this kicks Toyota's ass into gear and they finally make the BMW-collaboration Supra

>NSX vs GT-R vs Supra vs RX-7
>again

And of course Shitsubishi take this opportunity to kill the Evo.
>>
>>14776901
>BMW-collaboration Supra
That honestly sounds terrifying.
>>
>>14776898
Because it's a shitty thing to do.
Doesn't matter if nobody else designs it, i'm sick of the patent system ruining innovation.

You want a good example, go look at AIO water cooling for PCs. One company manages to get a patent for something ridiculously common and already thought of, now they're holding back the PC industry.
>>
>>14776923

IIRC it was basically supposed to be a Toyota body with an N54 or N55 or whatever the fuck the BMW gas turbo I6 is called. Basically like the FR-S, but without the "200 hp with a shit torque curve" problem.
>>
>>14776924
Sadly companies make money off being shitty. It blows but what are you going to do, especially when it involves politics and business together.
>>
>>14776957
Keep supporting china is what i'm going to do.

Take your cute industry standard design you somehow got a patent for (bribed the office) being greedy and keeping the costs up and fuck yourself with it, the chinese don't give a shit.
>>
>>14776970

>Supporting an actively--hostile foreign power known for their excessive control over industry, their desire to undercut and destroy American businesses (ex. solar panel industry), their massive government monopolies, and their lack of innovation

Yes, that will solve all of the problems with patents and intellectual property. Good job.
>>
>>14776983
They're all of those things, but more importantly they also don't give a shit about patents, doing more to make useful technology cheap enough for the masses than greedy cunts who pay off the patent office to get a generic advancement in an existing thing (see: mazda above) as 'theirs'.
>>
Triple rotor engine with rotor deactivation when?
>>
>>14776942
>Basically like the FR-S, but without the "200 hp with a shit torque curve" problem.
In practice it will probably be more like the GT-R though. A lifeless, electronic benchmark machine.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.