[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tesla is finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: R9Z7voX.jpg (16 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
R9Z7voX.jpg
16 KB, 456x320
>276,000 preorders

How in the blue hell is Tesla going to do this in time?
>>
>>14774972
They won't.

People will wait and grow more eager.

Trendies love being outside the velvet rope.
>>
Only on /o/ would 276,000 guaranteed sales cause a company to fail
>>
I was one of the first who preordered I see no problem there m8 first comes first servers :P ;)
>>
they arnt they are gonna make you wait because they know you will seeing as how you just gave them like 35,000 dollars
>>
>>14775036
Except you only gave them $1,000 and to my knowledge you can revoke your reservation and get your deposit back at any time.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2949x3763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2949x3763
>>14775015
>guaranteed sales
>>
>>14775015
>guaranteed sales
dumb shit you only read on /o/
>>
>>14775076
>>14775101
Hey, if you're dumb enough to put down a grand without even seeing what you're buying, you're probably dumb enough to go through with the purchase
>>
So what's the concern? That they will make more cars than people will actually buy?
I fucking wish they went bankrupt, but that doesn't seem likely 2bh
>>
Needs a picture of Elon with the fucked up hair
>>
>>14775127
Why do you want that?
>>
>>14775172
>creating a car that he wants and then marketing it to the masses

engineers are the real car guys, and he's more of a car guy than the entirety of /o/ put to together past, present, and future. No one can get on Elon Musk's level, but that is to be expect of 4channers
>>
>>14775117
They won't deliver the first ones until late 2017, but knowing Tesla's history, there will be delays.
>>
>>14775176
Because it reminds me that the times of ICE are slowly coming to an end.
>>
>>14775117
if you're so smart, why aren't you substantially richer than the average tesla buyer? oh wait, you are? oh okay, and pigs fly.
>>
>>14775172
He was already balding when he was in his mid-twenties. Amazing what you can do when you can afford real top-of-the-line hair transplants.
>>
>somewhere on earth, a man is laughing maniacally
>for he has the most viral car company in existence, has the world's engineering nerds clamoring for his hyperloop, mars rocket, and electric VTOL jets, and he has the envy of random losers on the internet whose highest hopes in life amount to fucking a pillow with their fictional waifu on it
>this man will not only rule the earth, but also the entire solar system and control it with an iron fist
>and hes south african
>>
>>14775216
Is that man Dolph Lundgren?
>>
>>14775036
>leased automatic FRS

Kill yourself
>>
>>14775201
>Because it reminds me that the times of ICE are slowly coming to an end.
maybe in a few decades. but battery-powered cars will definitely not replace them. Tesla is just collecting easy money with their meme-engineering.
>>
This is going to be the biggest automotive scam in the history. I cannot wait.
>>
File: 1449079586951.jpg (972 KB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
1449079586951.jpg
972 KB, 4256x2832
>>14775216
>the world's engineering nerds
are laughing at hipsters and ecotards wasting their money on Tesla's.
>>
>oh shit guys, where do we fill this up? none of the stations on the highway have free electricity, wasn't obama supposed to make everything free anyways?
whew
>>
File: tesla giga factory.jpg (381 KB, 1440x675) Image search: [Google]
tesla giga factory.jpg
381 KB, 1440x675
https://www.teslamotors.com/gigafactory

they are building the largest factory on earth to keep up with sales and to keep costs low
>>
>>14775311

considered a giga factory
>>
Teslas's losses tripled in the past year. They still haven't turned a proft. They are projected to lose $2.2 billion this year, and the first model 3 aren't slated to be delivered for 20 months.

No wonder his hair is falling out.
>>
>>14775185
>I want Elong's shlong soooo bad
>His transplanted hair and stutter make my boipussy so wet!
>>
>>14775206
>Because being smart directly relates to being successful......
Said like a true peasant. Grow up among people who have money and you'll come to find out that most of them are retarded and wouldn't make it through a burger King interview if it weren't for there social standings.
>>
>>14775338
Their, professor Einstein.
>>
>>14775333
It'd be dumb to post profit. Then you'd get taxed. Why not put that money to work for you by plowing it back into projects like the Gigafactory or more Superchargers? On top of that, you also get credits and tax writeoffs.
>>
>>14775338
>Absolute truth
I worked in the valley for 8 years. The place runs on caffeine and conceit. Actual capability and competence are in shockingly short supply.

Some of the smarter startup founders will even acknowledge that if they had the foresight to see how difficult it was to start a company and actualize their idea they would have given up before they started. To put it another way, many in silicon valley are doing what they are doing because they are trapped in their decisions, not because they love it or believe in it. They of course publicly push the "I love it" and "I'm super smart" narrative because plebs (their customers) eat it up.
>>
>>14775346
why aren't they called gigachargers?

why isn't there a Model S Giga edition?
>>
>>14775345
>haha kid looks like you made grammatical error tough luck
>>
>>14775374
Cause its taken already. It either has to be Mega or Tera.
>>
>>14775333

See why here >>14775327
>>
>tfw that's over half the total US sales of motorcycles in a single year
>>
>>14775206
Oh yeah, I'm not rich enough to buy a 40k car. Ooohhh, nice point. Anyone with half decent credit and a job can take out an auto loan for 40k
>>
>how will <company> fill <incredibly massive demand for their product?>
the answer is investors wanting a piece of that fucking huge number
>>
>Tesla
>Finished
>My sides
>>
>>14775117
The $1000 is fully refundable until they start production.
>>
File: justfuckmyshitup.png (3 MB, 3209x2405) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmyshitup.png
3 MB, 3209x2405
>>14775172
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>mfw my green eco hippy friends want to buy a Tesla with the unironic claim that they're saving the planet
>mfw my green eco hippy friends think Li batteries and electricity are clean
>mfw they waited in line to pre-order vaporware

There is no face that can express the amount of kek I feel right now.
>>
>>14776398
lithium mined outside china is fine, the problem is china's nonexistent environmental protection
i believe a lot of it is coming out of that salt bed in brazil now, and they mine it right from what i hear
not to mention, being manufactured in the US, the gigafactor will be under a mountain of EPA and OSHA regulations keeping things pretty damn clean and safe, compared to most other countries they could be manufactured in
>>
>>14776355
>Anonymous 04/04/16(Mon)14:49:30 No.14776355▶
>File: justfuckmyshitup.png (2.9 MB, 3209x2405)
>2.9 MB
> >>14775172

ITS OVER, MUSK IS FINISHED
>>
more deets
http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-hidden-details-video/
>they're not making it a hatchback, unfortunately
>dual motor option will be an extra 5 grand
>tow hitch maybe?
>steering wheel is definitely a work in progress
>they're going to redesign the nose a bit most likely
>interior controls will be "like a spaceship"; read, shitloads of touch bullshit
>>
>>14776469
now we'll see if the factory can even be sustained
and you know that the factory is gonna get some slack cut because muh jobs.

so it seems everything is going well for Mr Musky balls
>>
>>14774972
they will go on kikestarter and ask for money.
>>
>>14776535
you can be a bit loose with budget if it's a complete end-to-end operation. lithium goes in one end, batteries out the other. with that kind of economy of scale, nickle-and-diming everybody isn't as important

but working at tesla or spacex sucks ass, they burn you out big time and the turnover rate is usually 2 years or less, but its really fulfilling from what i hear
>>
>>14776398
>tfw my 30 year old daihatsu 1 liter is more eco friendly than tesla.
>>
>>14776535
>Musk tries to build a car
HOLY SHIT these are more difficult to build than a cell phone

>Musk tries to build a single, medium volume car
SHIT! SHIT! SHIT QA can't keep up! Fuck there are already 5000 cars built with this defect. Why can't we rev hardware after the fact like we do software?!

>Musk tries to build three modes of car, one cheap and high volume. Tries to open up the largest car manufacturing plant in the world. Forgets to cap preorders, they go completely out of control.
I don't even have...wow 200,000 and still going?...if this doesn't kill me I am going to wish it had. Maybe these people will kill me when they don't get their cars on time... being dead would be nice.
>>
>>14776549
>they burn you out big time and the turnover rate is usually 2 years or less, but its really fulfilling
being this much of a slave.
>>
>>14776592
it's more along the lines of
>here, work on the future of space flight on really interesting problems
or
>here, work on the future of personal transport on really interesting problems
>>
>>14776600
Like I said, being that much of a slave.

Elon pushing for reusing boosters is the apex of idiocy. NASA proved with the shuttle that reusing high performance rocket engines on human rated craft is not economical given current materials. And no SpaceX is not going to push the frontiers of materials science forward, that is going to happen a universities and national labs. So yeah burn yourself completely trying to solve a problem that wont be solvable until material X is invented yet accept that SpaceX is far too stupid and underfunded to ever invent material X.

Then we have Tesla. Lets take a normal car and make it electric! This is the future! The only way way you could possibly be satisfied doing that is to cover up your eyes every time you see a LeMans Proto from the past 30 years. The future of personal transport should be composite, it should be shaped with much more consideration to aerodynamics than the smoothed out 50s cars we have now, and it should have a hybrid drive-train. Tesla isn't close to being an engineering house capable of tackling any one of those things in isolation. So working at Tesla is pretending to work on the future of personal transport while shops like McLaren, Mercedes, Toyota, and Porsche actually are working on the future of transport.

Got it, you are a fanboi.
>>
>>14776678
thanks for the rant i guess, i'm just explaining why people like working there for short periods.
>>
>>14774972
They're not. People are never going to see their cars and the company is going to get fucked with law suits in the next 10 years.
>>
>>14776592
Arbeit macht frei
>>
>>14776678
>comparing solid fueled boosters and some of the most advanced and delicate rocket engines ever conceived by man (the main engines on the shuttle) to relatively simple liquid fueled boosters.
>ignoring that the SRBs on the shuttle used to land in salt water with parachutes and the shuttle itself (and its engines) had to withstand atmospheric re-entry before being refurbished
>ignoring that spacex's boosters don't even make it to space and land on their own legs on solid ground with minimal damage when everything works right
>ignoring spacex rockets are also used for cargo and not for people
>comparing a space agency funded by public money that has seen its budgets being severely cut since the end of the space race to a private company that keeps investing heavily
>ignoring the other biggest American space contractor (ULA) is spending tons of money trying to figure out how to recover its engines

Thanks for showing you have no idea what you are talking about.
Out of all the fucking spacecrafts you could use for comparison, you chose the one that represented the biggest failure in space exploration history and whose only similarity with spacex's rockets is the fact that they are both used to bring something in space.
>>
>>14775018
It's not going to be first come first served, it's going to be "most expensive options and closest to the Bay", first served.
>>
>>14776917
What's even worse is that if the Space Shuttle hadn't been retarded design by comittee bullshit, we wouldn't be sitting here 40 YEARS LATER clamoring for a reusable economical spacecraft, and we would actually fucking be somewhere in space, like on the Moon or even on Mars.

The sad part is that NASA has all but given up on the idea of reusable rockets just as private companies are now starting to pick up where they left off decades ago.
>>
>>14776958
What's worse is that they had the tech to send unmanned crafts to space in the fucking sixties, yet they decided that sending 7 people up for every mission on a ship that doesn't even have an escape system or feasible abort procedures was the future of space exploration, and now we are here, sending supplies to the ISS on an autonomous Russian craft designed in the 60s.
>>
>>14777007
Sending astronauts up every mission sounds better than unmanned craft for reaching out to space. The latter is more depressing. Those astronauts are millionaires, getting to do what everyone else in the world could only dream of doing so who the fuck cares if something goes wrong.
>>
>>14776917
>Thanks for showing you have no idea what you are talking about.
The problem was the liquid fueled engines on the shuttle, dumbfuck. The degree of refurbishment was not anticipated when the shuttle was designed.

Totally agree with you that the shuttle was a complete and utter failure though. Thanks Max Faget
>>
The factory they bought used to make 500,000 cars per year I believe. shouldn't be a big deal. They've got 2 years to manufacture half of that factories yearly production.
>>
And yet we will all get cancer outside of our the Van Allen belt.

Fucking trekkies. Ignoring the environment we evolved in and are structurally coupled to live within.

Sorry, but overpopulation and global niggers are actually something that we will have to deal with. You can't just fuck off to another planet to live in a martian RV park. Our own problems are looming and necessary. We have time to go play in space, once we have learned to live sustainably.
>>
>>14777350
>implying we can't learn sustainability and go to space at the same time

the name of the game is nanotech and genetic engineering
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.