[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are normies attracted to AWD cars? i've asked normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 03Impreza_STi_Front.jpg (62 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
03Impreza_STi_Front.jpg
62 KB, 800x530
why are normies attracted to AWD cars?

i've asked normies this and they respond with
>AWD is good in snow
-doesnt snow here at all
>AWD gives you better cornering grip
-they dont understand how that shit works.
>>
>>14773414
It bugs me too that normies want AWD for the couple of snow months a year, and yet don't even change to winter tires.
>>
File: Snapchat-1768246950214048744.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1768246950214048744.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2392
>>14773414
I don't need to go fast and have only used AWD twice in deep snow. But it helps in the snow and I would rather have the option then not and have to call a row truck

Why not have it if you have the option of having it?

>inb4 should have bought an EVO

The speed limit is 65. You don't need to go 130 when you are an adult
>>
>>14773434
>row truck
Fuggin phone

Tow truck
>>
>>14773417
>couple of snow months a year
Oh fuck. I can't believe I forgot that it snows the same amount in all parts of the world.

Car makers making AWD cars

Wtf were they thinking
>>
>>14773434
>Why not have it if you have the option of having it?
MPG penalty, more parts to break and need fixing
>>
>>14773414
>implying AWD doesn't give you better grip accelerating out of a corner,
No anon, YOU are the normies.
>>
>>14773414
>>AWD gives you better cornering grip
>-they dont understand how that shit works.
Lol what
>>
>>14773414
because AWD is easy mode, can accelerate hard out of a corner without slipping out in RWD or understeer with FWD
>>
>>14773417
A "couple of months" is still a significant amount of the year. It's also nice in all the rain months.
>>
>>14773414
because AWD is superior to MEME-WD (RWD)
>>
File: 1425337997024.jpg (69 KB, 604x392) Image search: [Google]
1425337997024.jpg
69 KB, 604x392
>>14773414
Why do you think you are not normal? Because you go on an anime image board and talk about cars? Ever consider the fact that you are no different than the people you are complaining about, or do you feel you just have to be a special snowflake and use any excuse to separate yourself from the status quo?
Regardless, OPs a fag. Maybe they just like a certain car that happens to be AWD, fuck off.
>>
I would almost rather own a FWD car than an AWD car
>>
>>14773533
Interesting opinion
>>
>>14773414
If you were a normie who knew nothing of haldex's or drive train loss or any thing else, wouldn't you also assume 4 wheels spinning is always better than only 2?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.