[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buying used car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: dhdhdh.png (373 KB, 611x512) Image search: [Google]
dhdhdh.png
373 KB, 611x512
any last minute advice before buying? im gona take it for a test drive tomorrow and then buy it if it all seems good. dont know much about cars but i know the basics.
anyone familiar with this model? never owned a ford before, ive got a mazda 3 myself, this is for my ma
>>
called up the guy and he said its never been in an accident and its basically brand new. gona check over everything tomorrow and test everything to make sure it works. guys think its a good buy? i do myself but i dont know that much about cars, its AUD btw
>>
what do you guys think? any experience with fords and this model in particular? gona pay cash and hoping that will sweeten the deal also
>>
>>14773306
newish car with low kilometers, try to talk down the price a bit, go over the entire body and look for scratches or bumps. Check every fluid, ask how often replaced and with what. Check mechanic records to see exactly what has been done and how often.
>>
>>14773321
so you think it looks good to yea? is ford any good in general? never owned one before. yea i plan to go over everything methodically with my brother tomorrow
>>
File: Found_On_Road_Dead.jpg (59 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Found_On_Road_Dead.jpg
59 KB, 720x960
I have a 2012 Focus SE Hatchback, I've had it for about half a year and I'll tell you what I know.

>Auto Trans
Find a better 5-speed manual one. The Auto trans in these cars suck.

>Ride
Pretty comfy for a Daily Driver and road trips. If you do a lot of traveling it's a pretty good car.

>Fuel efficiency
I'm a dumb 21 year old and bang every gear in the 5-speed and I'm still pulling about 27.5 mpgs. You can pretty much be a boiracer with these cars and not have to worry too much about gas

>Build quality
I hope you like rattling more then an anorexic model on a turbulent airplane ride.

>Ease of service
I'm sitting at 78k miles on mine and I just had to replace the factory battery on it, but don't expect to be a garage mechanic with these things. If anything serious goes wrong, it'll need to be brought in. The most you could probably do yourself is spark plugs

>Overall
7/10 decent commuter
>>
The autoatic transmisions in the focus and fiesta were pretty bad
>>
>>14773330
7/10 is pretty good lol, plus its for my mother, i think its more than sufficient for her needs. just local commutes and shit, nothing crazy
>>
File: cuckus.jpg (69 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
cuckus.jpg
69 KB, 540x720
>>14773334
I'd still hold off for a decent 5-speed. Your mother probably isn't going to have any sort of idea on what to do if the auto gear box decides to off itself in the middle of traffic one day.
>>
>>14773343
so wats a decent 5 speed? how many speed is this one??
>>
>>14773343
interior looks nice
>>
>>14773318
I mean engine wise its just a duratec, those have been used for so much shit it should be pretty damn reliable, heard ford transmissions weren't the best though.
>>
>>14773357
oh okay i see
>>
File: Flat_Ass.jpg (471 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
Flat_Ass.jpg
471 KB, 1280x1707
>>14773346
Aside from the Focus ST, which is a 6-speed, manual Ford Focuses come with a 5-speed. Ford has a knack for manual transmissions and they tend to hold up way longer than their automatic counter parts. A friend of mine had a '13 SE Limited and her gearbox went ahead and died right around the 50k mark.

>>14773348
Out of all the shitboxes I test drove before buying, this one has the comfiest interior. Coming from a 90s Toyota with a bright green glow to a nice soft ice blue was nice.
>>
>>14773306

This post might be helpful >>10361922
Good luck with the purchase
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.