[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please reply Does car stereo with Bluetooth HURT quality compared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1454990837086.jpg (72 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1454990837086.jpg
72 KB, 640x634
Please reply

Does car stereo with Bluetooth HURT quality compared to aux? I want to buy a new stereo but not if its gonna be a waste of money

Also do they improve sound quality or only work with what you have speaker wise? The one I want has subwoofer such the bass is really weak with what I have now. If not, any recommendations for speakers? I'm looking for a rich, balanced sound
>>
>>14772531
>Does car stereo with Bluetooth HURT quality compared to aux?

Yes. Bluetooth is Lossy, however you probably wouldn't notice the quality difference.
>>
>>14772545

Then how do I achieve the highest sound quality possible

I know the obvious answer is speakers but what else is there to do?
>>
>>14772545
>Bluetooth is Lossy

Wonder what it does to the audio in particular.

>>14772555
You obviously need USB-in, OR there are head units that take SD cards. Just as far as your input question goes.
>>
>>14772561

So any stereo with USB would do?

If so that's a game changer, mine doesn't have one and it wouldn't be expensive to get one with it
>>
i've been mulling over something like this and it might help you out
>have an SSD in your car that's wifi-enabled, and powered by some kind of battery to keep it away for several days at a time if need be
>set it up to connect to your home network whenever its in your driveway
>basically just drop music and stuff on there while you're at home
>in the car, it's always available as a music/audiobook/podcast library or whatever.

ideally it's better to just use a phone and an aux connection
>>
>>14772573
Well yeah, that makes your phone (make sure it's compatible) a digital source. No big deal, but better than going headphone aux and slightly better than bluetooth.
>>
File: 1457491509592.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457491509592.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>>14772580

Alright thanks

Hway about sound proofing the inside of my car would that help? How much would that cost? I live in NYC
>>
File: 51ypdAkSTbL._SY400_.jpg (21 KB, 401x400) Image search: [Google]
51ypdAkSTbL._SY400_.jpg
21 KB, 401x400
>>14772531
>ahem
>>
>>14772646
What is this called and where can I get one?
>>
>>14772579
Literally just set up my old Nexus like this, it auto plays as soon as I turn on my car. Except it plays Spotify and updates my saved songs.
>>
>>14772613
Are you going to do it yourself?
>>
>>14772676
pretty cool setup actually, do you have it on one of those android roms that puts the thing into deep hibernation whenever its not being charged? that's what i plan to do for my setup
>>
>>14772669
>DROK TDA7297

paid $10 for mine. Actually bought two cuz the first one was awesome. Ditched shitty head units forever.
>>
>>14772579

Well that's what I do now but its like I said the bass and quality in general is shit, hence the thread

>>14772689

Probably not I'm pretty lazy when it comes too car shit
>>
>>14772545

if you started with a high quality file to begin with, most people will not hav the ear to hear bluetooth compression over highway noise.

if the files were even moderately compressed, bluetooth will exacerbate it.
>>
>>14772693
No, I just used automate and set up a simple flow. I stripped everything out of it so the battery last forever and charges while I drive.
>>
>>14772706
Thanks.
>>
>>14772555
>how do I achieve the highest sound quality possible
with a decent amp & speakers
>>
>>14772531
Bluetooth is bad, because it compresses the music.
Regular aux cord is bad, because it's using your phone's shitty built in DAC/amp.
The best quality would be a high end aftermarket head unit with a USB port.
>>
>>14772531
Bluetooth = digital music file->digital transfer->digtal playbck
Aux cable = digital music file->analog conversion->analog transfer->digital conversion->digital playback

use the bluetooh
>>
>>14772555
Before all else you need a lossless source file, then you need a head unit that can play FLAC through SD or USB, then you need a proper speaker set up to get actual quality audio.

You could have a $10,000 speaker setup but if you're playing MP3s through it, it will probably still sound like shit.
>>
>>14775071
You have no clue what you're talking about.

>>14775173
This is true- the quality of the music is just as important as the equipment you're using. But FLAC is just a waste for a car, because even if you have amazing speakers and amp, you'll have road noise. So no one will ever be able to hear the difference between 320 Kbps MP3 and FLAC while driving.
>>
>>14775341
Some sound deadening material can do wonders though. If you're gonna invest in the audio equipment you may as well invest in some of that too.
>>
>>14772531
An untrained ear probably won't notice the difference.
>>
>>14775057

Any recommendations?
>>
got a single owner E46 330i
CD changer...with missing magazine.
cassette in the dash

ipod with walmart cassette adapter sounds better than FM on the stereo
>>
>>14775071
Bluetooth = Digital file> over the air losses > digital capture> ANALOGUE playback
Aux = Digital file > phone digital to analogue > analogue to analogue.
You're still dealing with the shitty phone DAC
>>
>>14772555
>highest sound quality possible
in a car m8?
sound proof the fuck out of everything, if it moves put grease on it. what you're trying to do is the opposite of most enthusiasts, buy the speakers with a nice fat heavy magnets on them. then you need to throw out all you're recorings that are under 1000kbps. then you need to find some audio player that can play these, while hooked up to car power.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.