[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /o/ hate the frs/brz twins and love miatas when they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 1280x720
Why does /o/ hate the frs/brz twins and love miatas when they're both pretty slow
>>
>>14772461
Because generally twins owners are butthurt and can't stop defending their meme car, meanwhile Miata owners have accepted their hairdresser fag destiny and moved on.
>>
Can't get a 20-year-old toyobaru for $1500.
>>
I like them both but /o/ is autistic for cars theyre never going to own
>>
>>14772461
Because the memes
>>
>>14772470
literally
/thread
>>
>>14772461

One thing you'll notice about /o/ is that the cheaper the car is the more praise it will get, it literally doesn't matter what it is, if it can be had for cheap you'll find it getting more praise than expensive counterparts that are completely better.

>Ask /o/ about an M series BMW
>Garbage money pits ect ect
>Ask /o/ about the same car but in the basic bitch cheap as fuck trim.
>Great car just take care of it really fun ect.
>>
>>14772971
That just says there's more genuine owners around here to cut through the bullshit, basically.
>>
>>14772984

No it just means there are more poorfags and bus riders trying to glorify cheap shitboxes.
>>
>>14773009
I dunno, if you look basically everywhere you have the usual stereotypes for a given machine and 4chan thrives off stereotyping. So people just, rather than making the much more correct assumption that the vast majority of cars without engineering faults are functional and have some joy to give, instead shitpost about cars they have never driven.
>>
/o/ generally does love the 86, it's just a slightly larger vocal minority that dislikes it compared to the vocal minority that dislikes Miatas.
>>
>>14772971
sadly this
>>
File: MIATA-FRS.jpg (194 KB, 2052x1189) Image search: [Google]
MIATA-FRS.jpg
194 KB, 2052x1189
>>14772461
Because the Miata is a gay icon, and the Toybaru a better car
>>
>>14773326
oooo another cherrypicked benchracing infographic. my favorite.
>>
>>14773326
better car on paper =/ better car
>>
>>14772461
Miatas are affordable for under 10k and can be tuned up to compete with brz twins for a fraction of the price.
i personally plan on buying a BRZ for aesthetics alone, but on a benchracer's scale, dollar for dollar the Miata will get you a better car.
The BRZ's only real deal is a warranty (which you plan on voiding anyway) so I guess it's whatever tickles your fancy.
Should note I'm comparing older miatas to these new BRZs, as I personally wouldn't touch a Miata after the NB series.
>>
>>14772461
>frs/brz twins
It's a GT86, you Americunt.
>>
Because its not always about having a lot of horsepower.
>>
>>14773326
Why are we comparing a 2 seat roadster to a 4 seat sports car again? They are different cars.
>>
>>14773499
All cars are different, but the two perform similarly and even if they didn't it would still be comparable.
Also, both are sports cars. Nobody gives a fuck about how many seats or if the top comes off
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.