[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think about the Dodge Charger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x278
What does /o/ think about the Dodge Charger?
>>
>>14772170
increased theft risk
>>
It's pigfat but once the Chevy SS is gone it will probably be the last Big RWD American V8 sedan that isn't a Luxo-barge. Also no manual option
>>
>>14772187
When I say Luxo-barge I mean not a Cadillac or Chrysler
>>
>>14772187
>>14772187
No more hemi pretty soon unless you buy Ram. twin tarbo v6 on the way.
>>
>>14772170
I don't think I've ever seen one owned by anyone other than a tasteless nig and modded as such. The car doesn't look all that bad, but they seem to find a way to make it look like shit.
>>
They look cool and I respect that Dodge wants a RWD muscle sedan to exist that average people can afford. That said, pigfat and I wouldn't buy an FCA product because they have shit reliability.
>>
charger coupe when
>>
>>14772319
What do you think a Challenger is, anon
>>
>>14772330
Pretty but not a charger coupe?
>>
The Crown Vic was a much better police car.
>>
I have a fleet version of this as a company car. Love it. Large trunk, plenty of interior space, plenty of go with the 3.6L and approx. 32 - 34 hwy.

very solid ride.

would consider as a personal car if company did not provide.
>>
>>14772255
90% of the people I see driving them in California are Mexicans or White guys in their 20s.
>>
>>14772170
Very fast for what it is. Even the v6 is no slouch let alone the v8's
>>
>>14772845
>your 20-something supervisor at work had his wrecked
>bought a newer one when the insurance came in
I scolded him for not getting the V8
But I usually see niggers with them, same goes for base model challengers
>>
>>14772170
>4 door
>automatic only
into the trash it goes
>>
>>14772336
The Challenger actually is literally a Charger coupe.
>>
>>14772845
Having moved to Cali from the south I can see this. It really is mostly blacks in places where there's lots of blacks, but it's whites and mexicans elsewhere.
>>
>>14772879
4 doors more whores brah
>>
I rather enjoy them. Ive driven a rental 3.6, 5.7 R/T, and the 392 SRT. They are definitley better with more power. Its a heavy car. Depending on your budget you can option the hell out of them too which is great if you are planning to use it as your main commuter.

I was in the market for a fullsize sedan that doesnt suck for hauling kids and costco runs. If I wanted an automatic transmission I'd probably have the 392. The ZF 8 is programmed well and better than the Chevy 6.

Compared to the Chevy SS:

The Dodge is faster in a straight line and likely anything outside a track really. The auto is good for an auto as well. It has more options like auto cruise and emergency braking. Better gas milage. Side note the seatbelts in the back of the charger dont auto lockup if you pull them all the way out. If you have kids in car seats this is a big ommission as latch does work for the full rating of the newer seats.

I bought an SS though.

The Chevy had a manual. Its chassis is also significantly better. Its slower but plenty fast for my needs. The back seat is bigger. Its also more sleeper even with the 2016 changes. Theres dedicated buttons for the seat climates and temp sync. I hate going through touchscreen menus. It was also less expensive, but barely with the gas guzzler tax. It also has the locking seat belts, although at time of purchase I was unaware the Dodge didnt have this feature.
>>
File: 1458971584287.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1458971584287.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
I generally see them driven by blacks and 18-30 year old white guys who know nothing about cars. It's almost always the SXT V6. They also never take cues to race or dick around on the highway with me, but when they do, it's always funny to see them make excuses when my 2.5l 4 banger STi leads by two car length.
>>
>>14772170
If I see one at a distance I risk-assess it as a potential police vehicle. Other than that, I don't think about modern Dodge Chargers.

I'd honestly rather drive an 80's Charger (pic related).
>>
File: 1983_dodge_charger_shelby_01.jpg (162 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1983_dodge_charger_shelby_01.jpg
162 KB, 640x480
>>14774736
...(pic now related)...
>>
>>14774756
Fuck me that's sexy. Wouldn't still take one over a LeBaron or Daytona, especially a Phantom R/T or Daytona IROC R/T
>>
>>14772411
Wow that's really good mpg for a big heavy car. Kinda impressed desu yl my girlfriend beetle only gets 28mpg
>>
>>14772170
>What does /o/ think about the Dodge Charger?
>Dodge

That tells you everything you need to know.
>>
>>14772170
>Dodge
kek
>Charger
KEK
>>
>>14772170
Pigfat pos. You should just get an M235i instead
>>
>>14775553
>a car barely better and more expensive than the less expensive and more practical chevy ss
>>
File: pigfat.jpg (201 KB, 1165x664) Image search: [Google]
pigfat.jpg
201 KB, 1165x664
>>14772170
2pigfat
>>
>>14772170
I don't think about the Dodge Charger.
>>
>>14772170
I think it looks bad honestly.
>>
The good
Personally i think it looks good
Makes decent power
Can be AWD (Not in the V8 tho)
Rides pretty nice and replacement parts from the dealer are not that overpriced imo.

The Bad
5.7 Hemi has alot of cylinder head problems
Weighs a fuckton
Price (Like seriously Chrysler?)
Only comes in an automatic trans (pre 2013 has a older version that has problems iirc)
Cant get the AWD in a V8 after 2010 (iirc)
The 392 is a pretty baller engine but >50k doll hairs (are you yolking me)

All and all it rides pretty OK, its not really that big of a car like some people are saying.
The Engines all do make decent performance (even the v6 by today's standards)
But really Chrysler is asking way too much money for them.
I've always been a dodge guy but i personally wouldn't buy a modern Chrysler, they just dont have the magic anymore.
>>
>>14775809

>Challenger normal sized
>others perfect for manlets and children

Looks about right, yeah.
>>
>>14778197
>g-guys being an awkward lanklet is normal right f-fucking manlets
>>
File: 24373272351.jpg (77 KB, 627x545) Image search: [Google]
24373272351.jpg
77 KB, 627x545
>>14772176
More like increased "preowned" sales.
>>
>>14775809
Don't talk to me or my sons ever again
>>
>tfw no AWD hellcat charger
>>
>>14777962
scat pack will get you in a 392 for less than 50
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.