[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the ATS a worthy US entry into the entry-level luxury market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Is the ATS a worthy US entry into the entry-level luxury market?
>>
>>14770819
They still need to fix CUE. People that know what they want don't want a touch screen in their car.
>>
Yes but as a gm fan boy I'd still rather go with Audi
>>
Modern Cadillac shits all over BMW and Audi, so yes. They're second to Merc imho
>>
>>14770819
I'm waiting for generation 2 of this thing to get one. They need to get rid of CUE and up the interior quality by like 10%, then it'll be unparalleled. Right now it shits all over everyone else on driving dynamics though.
>>
>>14770891
>A4
>luxury anything

xDDDDDD
>>
>>14770891
Why? I went to an auto show recently (the ones with all new cars), you can only sit in them but I can say with certainty that a Cadillac looks and feels luxurious on the inside. Audi's felt like cheap shit, compared to the Cadillac's, BMWs, Merc's and Lexus's on the floor they felt out of place.
>>
>>14772964
People need to understand that this is the reality and it's only going to get worse now that VAG was caught with their hands black from soot.

Too bad most people judge cars by stereotypes or memes.
>>
Unfuck CUE and yes. My stupid FCA infotainment is better.
>>
yeah, probably. They just need to deal with the reliability issues and unfuck cue. I'd rather have an IS, but it's still a worthy entry.

People are going to be complaining about the instrument cluster and malibu engine forever, though.
>>
File: smudge.jpg (112 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
smudge.jpg
112 KB, 1200x900
>>14773237
> They just need to deal with the reliability issues and unfuck cue
Reliability issues? As for CUE, I hear it got a lot better.

>the instrument cluster
Because it's idiotic. Give me fucking buttons, and not glossy ones while you're at it.

>and malibu engine
Now complaining about that it idiotic. The Ecotec is just an option. It's good to have more options. Fuck everyone who thinks otherwise.
>>
>>14773250
>>the instrument cluster
oh wait, that's not what that means lel

Yeah, the instrument cluster looks like it's from a DIY car.
>>
File: camaro ss.jpg (176 KB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
camaro ss.jpg
176 KB, 750x406
>>14770819
German reviews state the ATS and CTS sedans are equitable to the 3er & 5er when rounded out. Cadillac is more fun and cheaper. BMW is more comfortable with a better buit interior.

I think they are fantastic and look unique, however in this class and pricing, I prefer Mercedes, better balance of refinement and fun.

If you are looking for a fun American car just go buy the Camaro. It shares a platform with the ATS. It virtually is the same car but with a V8 and cheaper. If you're going for a fun American vehicle just go for the real muscle car.
>>
>>14773623
>more comfortable
Maybe when comparing ATS and 3-series. CTS with MRC being less comfortable than 5-series tar box? Yeah nah.
>>
>>14770819
I don't get why CUE sucks so bad when Chevy's mylink system is so good
>>
>>14770819
kek no
>>
I drove a 2013 daily for 3 years. Heres the minus plus list

Minuses

CUE sucks. It really does. Mainly cause its laggy. You also dont have a temp sync button outside of touching the screen a few times. You can set it up so you dont have to touch controls often but you will always have to touch haptic buttons for climate and pandora.

The seats suck. They are not the worst but the thigh support wiggles when out. The lumbar is weird and the adjustable bolsters are never bolstery enough.

The 6 speed autos suck. They have 8 speeds on the new ones. Ive never driven the 8s but they have to be better. If you get the turbo get the manual option

Run flats suck.

Pluses

Mag shocks. They work and work well. Always a great time when the road turned

Real materials. Real leather dash, real magnesium paddles, real carbon fiber. I love the interior style.

Overall the car was good.
>>
>>14770955
>Modern Cadillac shits all over BMW and Audi,
I agree with this part.
I also own a cts.
>>
>>14770819
Yes. Many reviewers put it ahead of the 3 series.
>>
>>14774039
So you drove an ATS-V...
>>
File: wew.jpg (21 KB, 403x333) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
21 KB, 403x333
>>14770819
>american cars
>luxury
>>
Isn't it embarrassing driving a car from a company that had their failures subsidized through the bailouts?
>>
>>14770856
Touch screens are never going away. Normies wouldn't buy an expensive car if it didn't have one, and as of 2018 backup cameras are required in all American cars
>>
>>14774132
No i had a 2.0 premium. AtsV wasnt available in 2013. I got the 2.0l for commuting purposes
>>
>>14775184
I wasn't aware non-V was possible to get with MRC or manual...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.