[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why you didnt watch F1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Tell me why you didnt watch F1
>>
>>14769212
Because Mercedes will never be removed from their super-corrupt throne.
>>
>>14769212
> It's boring as shit
> Bahrain is boringer than normal because there's no overtaking
> I'd need to be up and about on a fucking sunday morning to catch it
> Unless half the cars hit each other on the first turn, nothing interesting happens ever
>>
I don't like F1 nowadays (well, not since I was a kid tbqh).
It's boring as fuck.
>>
>>14769257
>> It's boring as shit
>> Bahrain is boringer than normal because there's no overtaking
>> Unless half the cars hit each other on the first turn, nothing interesting happens ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nAFYbxT_sE
>>
v6's
>>
Because it hasn't been interesting since the 80s.
>>
File: kimi autism has spread.jpg (313 KB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
kimi autism has spread.jpg
313 KB, 2048x1367
Is Autism the key to everything?
>>
>>14769212
because it's not on tv anymore since bbc disbanded the contract.

*not getting some kind of stupid subscription just to watch people race*
>>
>>14769363
It's on Channel 4 m8
>>
>>14769223
VWL ended, so too can MWL.
>>
>>14769212
Cars aren't consumer models, hence, boring.
>>
>>14769257
It was a surprisingly good race if you ignored the front two
>>
>>14769377
I'm not in the UK, I was just watching it on bbc since that commentary was better than the local commentary :)

I also don't recieve the german or french stations that broadcast it.
>>
>>14769650
Well Channel 4 has the same commentators from the BBC. Hope you find a way to watch it in your country, friend.
>>
>>14769377
Steve Jones is the absolute worst.
>>
>>14769212
Because Brawn isn't a team anymore.

Also Bernie is a dried up toad and needs to be completely excluded from having input in the sport. It has been two solid decades of his bullshit and he needs to go.
>>
Because I live in the USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>14769323
hahaha Did you see him on the podium today? He was like a robot. I don't he blinked or moved his eyes once during the entire German anthem.
>>
>>14769703
NBC sports, foolio.

Our glorious Haas team wont continue to finish in the points if you don't watch!
>>
>>14769703
We have a team this year bruh.

Scored points in both of the first two races
>>
>>14769257
this desu
>>
>>14769212
It's boring as sin

ALMS was great though
>>
>no v12
>no v10
>no v8
>>
>>14769212
driving isn't a factor in f1
/thread
v8sc is best racing out there right now
>>
boring
1990s DTM cars revved higher than modern F1 cars do
KERS electrohybridpenis brake bullshit
Tilkedromes
Poo-in-loos and Slavs allowed to own and drive cars
Bernie Ecclestone refuses to die for the sake of humanity
FIA drama over petty bullshit
Spoiled manchildren drivers
Races are on at 5-7 AM local time

>Be Germany
>Gut a flat but otherwise classic track
>Hire faggot to redesign it
>No one likes it anymore
>>
idk why people are saying it's boring. Bahrain was a breddy good race. Good battles and also Haas F1
>>
Tires and down force are too good.

You don't see the cars wiggling or going off the track. Little mistakes don't cause you to lose position. You can't fight your way to the front, from the rear.

Lauda-Senna era was the best F1.
>>
>>14772652
>Tires and down force are too good.
You wat?
>You don't see the cars wiggling or going off the track. Little mistakes don't cause you to lose position. You can't fight your way to the front, from the rear
Have you ever even watched F1?
Holy fuck some of the comments in this thread...
>>
because i watch WRC

yeah it's no better

how many times can we watch a french guy called Sebastien win
>>
>>14769212
I started watching F1 when I was beginning to be very interested in cars and racing. This was about the beginning of the V10 era which was probably the worst time to start being a fan. I stuck with it for several years because I didn't know any better and truly believed that only the fastest most expensive form of racing was the only series worth watching. When I would be home from school on the weekends, I'd have TV's around my parents apartment turned on so that I could walk around the house and not be far from the action.

Around 2007, I started watching other series and only caught the races intermittently. I think by 2010 or whenever Vettel started winning all the time is when I realized how shit F1 really was and gave up following it completely. It didn't help that my favorite teams and drivers became crappier year after year.

It wasn't just the racing itself. There was a lot of political bullshit and corporate drama behind the scenes. I knew others series have it, but it felt like it was worse in F1 than any where else as some of the stories that made headlines were almost too ridiculous to believe.

What's funny is that the people running the show know that interest in the series is waning over the past few years so they came up with several changes (not all of them bad). I managed to catch a race last year and I was amazed at all the crazy new gimmicks they've added since I stopped watching. And all I could think of is that it's come to the point where the organizers are adding fluff to the spectacle, but the racing is still a snoozefest.
>>
The only reason I watch is for Kimmi's autism.
>>
I did watch it. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the race was considering Bahrain's reputation and the circus that is F1 management.

If you focus on stuff like Rosberg winning from the front row all the time then sure it'll look boring but the race for minor places is great.
>>
>>14770094
>v8sc is best racing out there right now
*citation needed*

BTCC still exists, as does rallying.
There's even truck racing, which is interesting AND not so fast-paced that you miss action by blinking. Everything has so much inertia that you see things happening ahead of time that nobody can avoid. Then they hit with absurd amounts of force and bounce away, cabs shaking like crazy.
>>
>>14769430

This. It reminds me of when I play racing games online. There's always like 3 faggots that use someone else's tune (Forza) and are 20 seconds ahead of everyone else on the 2nd lap, but if you forget about them you can have some pretty good action back in the pack.
>>
>>14773415
V8s are great.

I'd say Super GT is my favourite series though. Packed grids, lots of traffic, good variety of cars, shitty rainy conditions. There's always something happening.
>>
>>14773409
It's funny, i watched a GP from 1996 and the whole time the cameras were on the top 5. Now they barely look at what's going on at the front and focus on the midfield.
>>
>>14773219
Being a WRC watcher truly is suffering
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.