[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Automotible - Golf GTI 2-Door Hatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
How would this be as babby's first car?

I want something compact, handles and rides well, and is practical. After seeing one in the HEB parking lot yesterday, I think I fell in love.
>>
>>14768375
Avoid dsg, oil pump, turbo, pcv can go wrong at 50-60k . Other than these it's more boring, slower version of FoST.
>>
I like mine. DSG in a hot hatch is really gay so I'd advise going with the six speed. It's just fun to drive I don't take mine seriously as a sports car it's just a peppy little commuting appliance that happens to be good at hugging corners. Which is kinda the whole idea of them. Do be mindful of regular maintenance it is a Volkswagen and i wont pretend they're known for reliability past 100k.
>>
>>14768392
Deep down the ST wishes it was a golf.
>>
>gti as first car

fuck you america
>>
File: dis gon b gud mazdaspeed3.jpg (48 KB, 416x365) Image search: [Google]
dis gon b gud mazdaspeed3.jpg
48 KB, 416x365
It's the not-a-serial-rapist version of the MS3
>>
>>14768375
Most of the problems brought up here are old problems on older versions. You'll be fine with an MK6 or MK7, but water pumps are an issue on both. VW knows and there has been a recall issued. I had a failure on my 2014 MK6 at 7000 miles.
Oh and if you go DSG on an MK6 the earlier ones prior to 2014 seem to have had some issues after being modded.
>>
File: CAC40SCC031A121001.jpg (185 KB, 2100x1386) Image search: [Google]
CAC40SCC031A121001.jpg
185 KB, 2100x1386
>>14769068
It would be brand new.

Admittedly, my parents are buying it, and as per their rules won't buy anything used. I don't know why, I've actually tried to get them to buy some cheap older Corolla but they won't listen.

>>14768980
I'm not going to get the automatic. I don't expect it to be a lightning fast racecar, just a sorta-sporty hatchback that's meant for getting me from point A to point B, and hooning on back roads.

Another one I was considering was the Scion tC, but with the death of Scion coming around the corner and these things being discontinued... I'm iffy about getting one (even though it is a Celica chassis with a Camry engine).

>>14769007
?
>>
Gti is a great first car.

DSG isn't all that bad as some might make it, but do get manual gearbox.

Enjoy your new car bud.
>>
The guy who said fuck America is implying that were all decedent. Which is true. I'm not hating on a nigger for having money but getting a new car from your parents is a luxury not all of us were afforded. I'm happy for you though you'll love your gti. Mines a Mk 7 black two door, keeping it clean is a bitch because black shows fucking everything.
>>
>>14768375
fucking terrible cars. slow, shit aftermarket, cost of ownership is butt fuck crazy, not tremendously good at anything.
source: i work at a volkswagen dealership and have driven almost every type of gti ever
>>
>>14768375
Too fast for a first car
>>
>>14770068
>>14770101
>too slow
>too fast
Which is it?

Also, I've been driving my dad's E400 just fine.
>>
>>14770068
There is plenty of aftermarket for the mk7.
Make sure to get the lighting package or you will regret it. The power package would be good to add for the bigger breaks and electronic lsd if you ever plan on tracking it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.