[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
considering buying a used IS300 for 5k , /o/s' thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: lexus-2005-cp-5285439.jpg (16 KB, 584x328) Image search: [Google]
lexus-2005-cp-5285439.jpg
16 KB, 584x328
considering buying a used IS300 for 5k , /o/s' thoughts?
>>
Need more info.

Good deal if it's in good shape
Bad deal if it's a shitbox

Just post the CL ad
>>
Depends, but
>RWD
>leather seats
>sorta quick stock engine
>good aftermarket

What's not to like?
>>
>>14768101
The non-turbo 2jz is a little out of date, a little underpowered, and very heavy. I always wanted an IS300, but the mpg, weight, and lack of power is what really stopped me. Damn that car looks good tho.

I wish they brought the RS200 over, but ohwell. You can find the drivetrain of the BEAMS/6-speed at most jdm importers for cheap, but I don't really want to deal with a swap, so I just haven't bought one yet. Maybe some day.
>>
>>14768123
Canadafag here, Altezzas are fun but pretty slow. It's one of those cars that will lose races but put a smile on your face when there are no other cars around and you're flogging it to 8000rpm.
>>
File: _DSC0416.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0416.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2832
Do it. It might not get the best gas mileage, but
>inline 6
>manual
>rwd
>extremely reliable bc Toyota
>easy to work on
>looks
They really don't make this kind of cars anymore
>>
>>14768056
IS200 and 1UZ swap
>>
>>14768056
worse than a bmw in everything but reliability
>>
>>14768725
If it's not manual you're wasting your time
>>
>>14768164

>easy to work on

even a oil change sucks to do
>>
I own a 5 speed one. Don't bother, it's really not that great of a car out of the box, and to modify it decently it costs a fuck ton of money.

It's decent at a lot of things but not really that good at anything.

>>14770300
What? The oil change is pretty easy. It's almost impossible to not spill oil when removing the old filter but it's still easy.
>>
>>14772278
is it like the sc300 where the filter is conveniently placed right above the engine mounts?

if so, no, it is not impossible to get oil all over that shit. Even a plastic bag won't save you nigger.
>>
>>14768056
Neat little cars, but the 2jzge is a boat anchor and finding a manual is rather difficult (at least within the states). The manuals are nothing to spectacular either, they tend to to agree with the added torque of a turbo. Though I've heard people running 400hp through them with the "proper" flywheel and clutch set up, though I still think they're buying time before the trans gernades.

On a side note, I've always like the instrument cluster of these. They look like something found on a watch and are very nice to look at.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.