[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>corvette clutch burnout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1459692998.jpg (78 KB, 875x611) Image search: [Google]
1459692998.jpg
78 KB, 875x611
>corvette clutch burnout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6atGhmVU8

can someone please explain to me what happened?

How did he burn the clutch?
Its manual I assume, and he was giving it gas, while what? Pressing clutch and therefore just letting the engine run...
or what exactly is going on?
>>
Revving engine while the clutch was partially engaged. He should've dumped the clutch but instead he rode it
>>
>>14767498
if I understand this right

if he would fully release the cluts it would just move the weels
if he would fully press it, it would just let the engine go on empty

but he was in some mid-position and it just "ride" the clutch...
>>
Yeah that sums it up
>>
What a fucking moron in the video, you can Google how to do a burnout and learn it in 10 seconds, and he decides to try some fancy shit.
>>
>>14767474
>boomers
>>
>>14767505
What is magical about this to you? It's a clutch. It's essentially two plates that are when fully engaged locking the engine to the transmission.

I really really can't get my head around why some Americans think it's some really weird or special idea.
>>
>>14767524
Burn outs are retarded anyway
>ugh lets waste this perfectly good tyres, and gas and dump it all into the enviroment because it looks cool hugh
At least with drifting theres something more interesting to look at.
>>
When things spin against each other it creates friction. Friction makes heat. When the clutch pedal is in, there's no friction because the clutch disk isn't touching the flywheel. When the clutch pedal is fully out and your foot is off it, the clutch disk is touching the flywheel. The two surfaces are making contact ( a.k.a becoming "engaged") Now if the engine's flywheel is spinning (engine is running, even at idle) , it takes some time for the clutch disk's material to successfully grab onto the flywheel. This time interval is dependant on the strength of the clutch's pressure plate, the area of the clutch and flywheel mating surfaces, and the speed difference at which the two are meeting (when the car is stopped, the difference becomes the speed of the engine, because the clutch side of the drivetrain is not in motion.) With that in mind, the answer as to why his clutch was smoking was because the clutch became too hot and the friction material began to burn away. This is because instead of letting the clutch out all the way, he partially depressed it, which didn't maximize the pressure on the clutch to the flywheel. However, it was enough enough to let the two surfaces meet and create friction, but it wasnt enough pressure for the clutch to engage and lock onto the flywheel, overcoming the tire's grip and doing a burnout. Instead, he just heated up his clutch and burned away all the material.
>>
>>14767505

Is this an exclusively American problem?
>>
>>14767768
>implying Italian fatasses who don't know how to drive stick don't burn their Ferrari clutches either

It's a retard problem, not a country one.
>>
>>14767505
Doesn't even have to be a mid-position. Initially, yes, but once it slips, with this much torque on the engine, it'll keep on slipping even when the clutch pedal is fully let go of.
>>
>>14767530
Thos is such a cuxkland thing to say. Anyone who ever does something stupid or has a stupid question is an American to you. Do you at least admit to the subconscious animosity towards the country your forefathers forced into creation? Blame yourself first, cuck.
>>
>>14767530

>Throwing a weird sort of nationalism into conversations randomly

why do europeans do this
>>
>>14768965
They think we care about them in our day to day lives because all of our music and culture wind up over there. They think that maybe their Italian disco winds up over here.
>>
>>14767530
>guy asks a question
>LOL xDxD why do AMERICANS think this was americans. do this why dem AMERICANS america?? metric system>imperial.

that's how retarded you sound
>>
>>14768988
>metric system>imperial.
I find it hilarious how butthurt yuropoors get over the US using imperial. Just for that alone I say we should keep using it.
>>
>>14768988
>>14768965
>>14768857
It's only ever americans who get confused about manual transmissions. No need to be so upset.
>>
>>14767474
"Well thats test one"

The cringe is unbearable.
>>
He left traction control on and it wasn't letting the tires break traction
Still...
>boomers
>>
File: euro.jpg (105 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
euro.jpg
105 KB, 800x500
>>14768965
>>
>>14770538
wouldn't traction control also cut power or does it only apply brakes?
>>
>>14769018
We've had them longer than you bud. We even have more of them.
>>
If he didn't ride the clutch he probably pressed the brakes too much. When doing a burnout you can gently apply the brakes to keep yourself from taking off, odds are he just mashed the brake pedal along with the gas.
>>
>>14770549

>Replies to a comment about an American caring about Europe with a reaction image about Europe which he cared enough about to save onto his hard drive and post it repeatedly

kek. I'm not from Europe or America. Know how many anti-US and anti-EU images I have saved? Zero, because IDGAF and I'm not a faggot
>>
>>14767768
yes
americans don't know how to do burnouts, only aussies know
>>
>>14768965
because generally americans are ill informed about manual because nobody there drives one
>>
You can tell no one cared for that guy.
They let him fuck up for as long as he wanted before telling him he was not burning the tires.
>>
>>14767955
This. \

He wasn't necessarily riding the clutch you dumb cunts, just not aggressive enough engaging it.
>>
>>14772953
>American Defense league tries their hardest not to care about anyone else
It's pretty funny.
>>
>>14767804
except 95% of the time those Italian fattasses learned to drive in a manual and have never driven anything but manual since.
>>
>>14773573
95%???
Niggers, here an automatic is seen as a LUXURY
>>
why are americans getting so cucked?
>>
>>14767505
>cluts

yep
>>
>>14768857
>>14768965
>>14768988

samefag
>>
>>14767505

I'm sorry about my people /o/

The men are still trying to wrap their minds around it.
The women go "there's no D, only 1,2,3,4,5,6,R. this car is stupid."
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.