[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better Driver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: REEEE.jpg (35 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
35 KB, 960x539
I need help /o/

My GF..she is pretty confident because she drives everyday since she is out of town.BUT boy oh boy she is 0..the parking is cringe worthy and never did the parking below 6-7 moves..she has almost collision encounters every other day because she can't approximate the size of the car and she is not aware of all objects in traffic.(Pro bono: once she drove for mountain trip..and on snakelike road she backed the car until the back wheels skid in gravel and she got angry because i exited the car in the next second).In the past i did not bother me...but recently she claimed she drives better than me cause she drives everyday and has more mileage.

How does/o/ proves others talk shit?I want some kind of test.

Pic unrelated
>>
Dash cam, then show her
>>
>>14766647

Women have no spatial awareness.

There's nothing you can do about it.

Even if you demonstrate how to park in a tight spot she just took 10 minutes to get into, and you do it in 3 moves. She won't be able to appreciate your awesome parking manouvre because she lacks the spatial awareness to see it, so she'll just think you're making it up as you go along like she is, and that you got "lucky" that time.

Like how stupid people are too stupid to realise that they're stupid.
>>
>>14766647
Is she stereoblind?
I have exactly the same problem as your GF, going so far as to drive around for 15 minutes just to avoid parallel parking. I have very poor depth perception from a squint I had at a very young age. It was corrected surgically, but only cosmetically.

http://www.stereoscopynews.com/hotnews/3d-technology/physiological-effects/2275-are-you-stereo-blind
>>
not a single fucking thing you can do about it. women are retarded and not a single one has ever had any sort of driving skills
>>
>>14766814
This.
>>
>>14766814

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
>>
Take it to the touge.
>>
>>14766814
This so god damn much.

I live in a townhome with a parking garage under it. My neighbor (woman in her early 60s) is amazed I can back into the space and not hit any columns. I tell her I can see the columns and the car in the side mirrors. She just can't fathom it.
>>
File: 1458641930869.jpg (17 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458641930869.jpg
17 KB, 640x640
>>14766845
Potential explanation based on a phenomenon that has been known about for years.
Ignored

>>14766814
Casual sexism validated with anecdotal evidence.
>Yes, yes this must be the reason
>>
>>14767550
It's not is who are sexist it's society. It is just perceived that the love of cars and the practice of driving as a skill rather than a utility I'd a male quality and so it is. Furthermore, the small portion of women who do go against this are greeted with suspicion not because of men but because of the greater number of women who only pretend to care about cars because of the attention it gets them, our who may have initial card about cars and the driving experience but quickly left that interest behind as soon as it began to gain then attention.

Long story short, direct your social justice crusade at the source of the problem not at us, the tools used by the women who are responsible.
>>
>>14767811
When you say women have less spatial awareness and only have anecdotal evidence to support it, that's sexist.

When you say women have less spatial awareness and show me a peer-reviewed study supporting this claim, that's stating a fact.
>>
File: satmath[1].jpg (39 KB, 625x525) Image search: [Google]
satmath[1].jpg
39 KB, 625x525
>>14770416
I'm not the one who said it but it's fair to say that women have generally poorer visualization abilities than men.
>>
>>14770783
>Math
Well yeah, generally women are more interested in "right brain" studies.
>>
>>14770783
1980 was a bad year
>>
>>14771965
>generally women are more interested in "right brain" studies
Which is fine and I'm even willing to consider may be a result of cultural factors growing up but what I'm not about to do is accept personal responsibility for it or say "women are just as good drivers as men". In fact, the girliest girls i.e. the ones most likely to be our girlfriends tend to be the ones who are the worst drivers. I WILL accept responsibility for that on an individual level and I pay the price by always being the one to do the driving.

>>14773883
It's more that the test gets slightly revised every year than people being especially dumb.
>>
>>14766647
Wew lad, this is a childish post.
>>
>>14774078

There's strong cuckaldry at work here.
>>
>>14774100
Because I consciously chose a feminine girlfriend and I'm the one who drives? That's some shit logic right there.
>>
>>14774106

>Sure honey I will drive you whenever wherever you need, to the store, to work, to the bulls house, wherever

Maybe you're not a cuck, just a manbitch.
>>
>>14767550
>>>/reddit/
>>>/srs/

"Abstract
The study here reported investigates the hypothesis that gender differences in visuo-spatial abilities are mainly confined to active processing tasks. Male and female participants were required to perform passive tasks involving the recall of previously memorized positions within matrices of different sizes, as well as active tasks in which they had to mentally follow a pathway in the same matrices. The results confirmed that male superiority became evident as the active processing requirements increased"

Straight from a heavily cited study on pubmed

fuck off back to your hugbox mate
>>
>>14774119
lol no, I drive when we go places together. I don't have to deal with her bad driving when I'm not with her.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.