[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I respray my car?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: VTVcbpU.jpg (32 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
VTVcbpU.jpg
32 KB, 480x480
Hey fellas.

I recently became the 2nd owner of a car that I really like, with only 55000Kms on the clock and which runs like new.

Problem is the last owner abused the exterior. The door handle recesses are deeply scratched from dangling keys or fingernails, there are some deep scratches into the colour coat up the sides, and the paint is swirled to shit. Plus there are a few stone chips down to the metal on the hood which have me genuinely worried about rust ingress.

I want to keep this car for a really long time. Should I have it resprayed?
>>
>>14766549

By the description it seems like mayhap a reconditioner could fix that for you. But if you've got no problems affording a respray then why not.
>>
>>14766549
Professional detail, you can get away with touch up paint on the chips.
>>
>>14766590
How much is a respray usually
>>
>>14766549
Get fucked op.
It doesn't need a respray you autist faggot.
Just get it polished you colossal cunt
>>
>>14766754
All the damage I listed above goes deeper than the colour coat.

>down to the metal
You skimmed the post, didn't you.

Reading comprehension and basic knowledge of automotive paint are required to participate in this thread.
>>
>>14766666

I work in a body shop.

Assuming this is a new car that doesn't need body work, none of the body panels are removed, trim is dissembled rather than taped and it's the exact same color - about $2,500 to do a single stage enamel and $3,200 to do a new base clear.

You're best off just doing paint touch ups and a polish.

A splash job is affordable compared to most. Paint and body is expensive. The cost of supplies and labor has gone through the roof the last 10 years.
>>
>>14766799
Thanks mate. Not as bad as I thought. I'lol have to agree touch up sounds better for now though.

>>14766666
Oh LAWD muh quints!
>>
>>14766549
the 3 grand it would take would probably be better spent elsewhere like property of stocks desu. Just learn to live with it.
>>
>>14766821

No problem.

Unless your car has significant blemishes like hail damage or it has been keyed, you'll get no return on your investment in the car's market value.

It's always best to keep the factory baked on paint and try to restore it before re-spraying.
>>
>>14766774
>there are some deep scratches into the colour coat
Fuck off op
>>
>>14766799
what paint do you use mostly? sikkens or your opinion on that brand I think its really expensive right? I've heard a lot of body shops switching to that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.