[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /o/ Here's my situation. I am able to take a loan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 800px-Honda_Acty_231.jpg (124 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
800px-Honda_Acty_231.jpg
124 KB, 800x500
Hello /o/
Here's my situation. I am able to take a loan out on my 401k in 2 months. I can borrow up to half, but only need 5 grand. No interest, no tax, yada yada. Here's my issue:
I can choose between a 90s era Honda Acty, or similar minitruck imported from Japan, or your standard run of the mill American truck, such as a Ford, Nissan, whatever. Either one fits my needs.

1. How likely is it that this Honda Acty will retain its value? It is a 1990 4 speed manual, 660cc or something.

2. Would I be retarded to pass up a 2005 truck for the same price as this rare gem?

3. Is there something else I should be looking for in the way of rare trucks for around 5k? I want a toy truck that says 'I spent too much money on this shitty old thing but fuck, am I happy.'
>>
>>14765773
weeaboo
>>
Go with the standard run of the mill American Nissan truck
>>
>>14765811
You caught me. I've read ippo up to the latest chapter, complain about people who only watch or read mainstream anime/manga, and have made my wife wear shimapan.

Regardless, still looking for advice.
>>
>>14765816
Why do I need 200-250 more horsepower then the 40 or less horsepower Acty? Why do I need a run of the mill truck? Pls repond
>>
>>14765824
My advice is to buy an F-150 as soon as possible before your balls disappear completely.
>>
>>14765832
>then the 40 or less horsepower Acty?

i drive a 60hp 8v honda civic and i don't think i could really see driving anything much slower in the united states.

>not being able to use the interstate system
>>
>>14765832
>Why do I need HP?
>Why do I need a truck that can be repaired?
Too late. You're a lost cause
>>
File: kyon-acty.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
kyon-acty.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Kei trucks are so fucking cool.
>>
>>14765836
>buying le big 'murican truck

now his cock will disappear if he does so
>>
>>14765848
In all fairness, this thing probably weighs half of what your civic or whatever does.
>>
>>14765773
>borrowing against your 401k
Shiggy diggy
>>
>>14765963
I pay the interest to myself, and I've actually saved money because of the shitty market on my last loan.
ITW da shit, man.
>>
>>14765863
>weighs half

absolutely fucking terrifying

would not even consider being used on an american interstate

my car is blown all over the road at 65mph+ from wind at 2100lbs

add the fact that the truck is going to have poor suspension geometry and terrible aerodynamics, its just unsafe to be on a highway.

imagine getting fucking plowed by a semi truck because your little weeaboo pickup couldn't pull onto the highway quick enough

>meanwhile, any modern truck with any normal engine can cruise comfortably at 80mph+ with plenty of torque to accelerate
>>
File: image.jpg (361 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361 KB, 1440x900
>>14765773
Why not get a 70s Jap truck like a Datsun 620 or something? You could weeb it the fuck out but still have something you can drive on a freeway or carry shit with.
>>
>>14766006
But has a real Japanese man ever farted in the seat? Have they? Exactly. Fuck off with your weak shit.

Actually that's a decent idea. Any other popular models I should keep an eye out for?
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 960x640
>>14766020
Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Isuzu all had small pickups in the 70s, you're probably best off with a Toyota or Datsun. The earlier Datsun 520/521 is even weebier than the 620, throw some fender mirrors on it and it looks like something out of a Lupin III episode. I'm sure you can pay a Japanese guy to fart in it for you.
>>
>>14765998
One thing I don't get, why would I drive something this precious on the highway? This truck wouldn't leave the Tampa Bay area, and there isn't anywhere you can't get minus Sarasota on a 45 mile an hour road.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.