[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Z32 owners, riddle me fucking this Transmission in my brother's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: PA187503.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
PA187503.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Z32 owners, riddle me fucking this

Transmission in my brother's 1990 300zx was replaced 100 miles ago, no problems since then. Yesterday the power steering and A/C compressor were replaced also.

After these were done, this morning I went to drive it for a bit, and it was fine for awhile. I went to take off from a stop and as soon as I accelerated slightly, it completely shut off without warning. No CEL, no battery light, nothing. So on the side of the road, I started it right back up. Then about a mile down the road, it stalled again. This time I noticed the battery terminals were loose, so I thought it could be a bad connection. Once again, it started right back up and I drove it another mile before it stalled again. After repeating this a few times, I got it home. It will idle and take a load while not going down the road, however now when it dies while driving, it will crank, but that's it.

>No CEL
>No battery light
>Coil packs are fine
>Injectors are fine
>PTU was replaced

I'm thinking it's the fuel pump since it just completely cuts out, however it does prime and the system seems to have pressure. I want to borrow a fuel pump from a friend and test that.
>>
>>14765315
did you take this picture? Thats a really fucking nice picture yo. seriously its as if it captured the soul of the car its beautiful
>>
File: PA187502.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
PA187502.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14765345
As far as this issue goes, this car doesn't have a fucking soul.

Revenge for Hiroshima.

This is a better one
>>
seen this pic for years.

Im not sure op, but id think the car would spuder a little before cutting off if fuel delivery issue. I suspect wiring problem. Make sure the ecu plug in in tight, and all the wiring harness isnt shorting out somehow.
does not sound like fuel pump to me
>>
>>14765398
Bad ground perhaps? Battery charger throws an error when I try to charge it. I was working near the alternator.
>>
Wish I could help man. If you have a FB post on the Z32 Tech page
>>
>>14765577
Don't have an FB anymore.

I'll see what the ECU flashes tomorrow, but I think it's a coolant temp sensor (symptoms may match), idle air control, a bad fucking ground since Nissan grounds to every panel on the car or a CAS.

Now, my dad installed the belts today and turned the engine CCW. Would that create a problem with the CAS?
>>
>>14765659
I know a lot of guys in the tech page have CAS problems
>>
>>14765665
Fuckin a, I know it's on the cam and it's easy to get to, but is there a process to testing or replacing that? It does run fine, just stalls without any foregoing symptom.
>>
>>14765315
I am new to cars and just started working on them, but my durango was doing exactly this, and I replaced the IAC valve yesterday and it works like a charm now. Hasn't shut off at all.
>>
Did it over heat at all?
>>
MAF maybe?
>>
>>14765861
Doesn't overheat, COULD be MAF. My brother is too incompetent to listen to this though because that was one of the first things I thought of.
>>
>>14765828
This was on the list of possible things, however it is a Z32 versus a Durango.

Could be the same thing though, this damn 300zx has had lots of problems.
>>
Fuel filter perhaps.
>>
>>14766060
Could be a lot of things really, let us know what you find out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.