[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RX8 sucking shemale nuts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
Why do people say the RX8 is bad?
is it cause it has a rotary engine or because of reliability or something?
>>
>>14765069
rotary engine and bad reliability go hand in hand.
>>
>>14765069
Because the reliability is shit.
Owning an RX8 as my first vehicle has ruined me for shitboxes, as I can't bring myself to look for things with more than 100k miles, because at 100k miles the rx8 magically decides to break
>>
>>14765069
They were fun and pretty good in corners. They are were a pain in the ass though and didn't last long.
>>
>>14765069
The worst rotary Mazda made, no turbo option, Ford's massive interference in design, drinks oil, drinks gas, shit reliability in transmissions on early automatic models, Barely clears over 200 HP at the crank brand new (makes around 180 and more likely less if it's not in pristine condition) in a 3000 lbs vehicle.
>>
>>14765069

Rotaries are reliable though, if you take care of them

https://youtu.be/bUBhJM2An34
>>
>>14765153
Which the majority of owners didn't do because they treated it like a Honda i4. It made the 2nd hand market a fucking minefield. Literally your only safe bet is someone who autistically took detailed service records which isn't easy to fin outside of an enthusiast.
>>
>>14765069

I keep wanting one. They are $6000 here for one with $1000. But guess what? Budget in $3000 (ship engine or drive to another state if not in Cali) - $8000(dealer) for a new engine. I can't bring myself to buy one.
>>
>>14765176
>>14765069

Also, all the ones I drove didn't even seem to compare to the fucking Miata in handling and felt heavy. And I hate the Miata.
>>
Because they are nocar faggot bus riders
>>
>>14765103
lol blaming Ford for being stockholders and partnerships
Everyone needs a boogeyman.
>>
>>14765183
They are heavy, and they don't make great power. But it's not at all reasonable to expect a 4 door sedan to handle like a 2 seat roadster.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14765187
100% bought rx8 for $1500, rebuilding it now
>>
>>14765198

>100% bought rx8 for $1500, rebuilding it now

Load of shit. They go for $4000 min with blown engines.

>>14765194

A fucking Integra handles nearly just as well as a Miata while weight 200-300lbs less than the RX8. And the RX8 is supposed to be muh balance, muh handling. It is reasonable.
>>
>>14765103
> barely clears 200hp at the crank
Shit more conjecture considering they dyno 180-200 stock
>>
Because the people that say its bad usually haven't driven the car or even understand how rotaries work beyond /o/ memes.

And the people who've had bad experiences with them probably didn't have a clue about maintaining them properly or bought a FUBAR'ed example.

Which explains why more than 80% of them lie in driveways with exploded apex seals, gouged rotor housings, and blown gaskets.
>>
>>14765222
>A vehicle that is considered one of the best handling FWD and one of the best handling sports cars handles well guys
You also seem to be confusing the RX8 with the Miata. Giving a vehicle 50/50 balance doesn't mean it's supposed to handle as well as smaller and lighter vehicles.
>>
>>14765224
The highest rated model is 230 something hp. That's factory rated brand new HP. You're realistically look at around 170 in a 1.5 ton sedan.

http://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-garage-22/dyno-results-compilation-77031/

LOOK AT ALL THOSE HIGH NUMBERS MAN
>>
>>14765244

>A RWD "sports car" shouldn't be able to compete with a FWD car around the same weight
>>
>>14765266
That's real close to 180 at the crank isn't it
>>
>>14765281
>around same weight
>200 to 300 lbs
Who said they shouldn't be able to compete? What the fuck are you trying to say? The Integra is an amazing handling vehicle. An Rx8 isn't.

>>14765285
I said barely over 200 to the crank. Who gives a fuck what it makes in imaginary numbers when it barely puts down sub 200.
>>
the only RX car that deserves a v8 2bh
>>
>>14765299
Barely.over 200 at the crank yet they dyno consistently at 180whp?

> The rx8 isn't a good handling car
I'll be sure the believe the opinions of a bus rider
>>
>>14765299
>Who said they shouldn't be able to compete? What the fuck are you trying to say? The Integra is an amazing handling vehicle. An Rx8 isn't.

Why do you think it's unreasonable to expect the RX8 to handle as well as the Integra?

If you still don't understand, let me rephrase: Why is it unreasonable to expect a RWD "sports car" of similar weight to handle like an Integra?
>>
>>14765069
Found one for 2000$ CAD with blow apex seals.

how much for an engine rebuild?
>>
>>14765320
He's saying it doesn't handle as well, fact of reality. The engineering that went into it did not produce a well-functioning machine.

On the other hand the Integra is renowned for it's handling prowess especially as a FWD.
>>
>>14765069
Because it is bad. They needed a turbo or two. Or an extra rotor. Very anemic, bad efficiency.
>>
>>14765320
I own a Integra

It does not handle as well. Nor is it as fun as a Miata or RX8.

Just because you're reading fastestlaps.com doesn't make your $2000 beat to fuck LS with blown shocks the same thing as a $9000+ Type R (which has a LSD, +60hp, stiffer unibody with additional welding, and huge rear swaybar).

It was renowned for its handling prowess compared to other 1990s economy cars, all of which had even less sporting intentions. It was not noticably better than other sport compacts of its time (Impreza 2.5RS, SVT Contour) or even direct competitors (E36 3-Series).
>>
>>14765707
You are delusional if you think the RX8 isn't a good handling car. It's consistently been on lists of "Best drivers car sub 50k".
Hell the chassis is stiffer than some Porsches.

>>14765468
Do it yourself, $800ish assuming you have the tools to pull an engine. At a shop, no clue.

It's piss easy to rebuild a rotary.
>>
>>14765069
Its not bad, just not good. Made for "normies" and bought by normies, rather than by the enthusiast.
>>
>>14765468
This anon is correct >>14765887, If you know exactly whats wrong with the engine and you have some wrenching ability plus tools try doing it yourself.

There exists copies of dealership rebuild guides for different years of RX-7's and RX-8's. Not to mention good community forums and youtube videos.
>>
>>14765069
Because it wasn't the RX-7.
>>
>>14765299
> integra handles better than an rx8
m8 just stop
>>
Have an RX8.

Had the power steering, ABS, traction control and stability control barf on a soaking wet trackday.

Epic chassis proved even more epic without the grannies keeping an eye on everything.

It is piss easy to drive fast.
>>
The are reliable if you are committed to their high maintenance attitude. Premis you fuel, check out religiously, never drive less that time needed to warm up.

All that would be fine if it was a 10/10, but considering it barely has the power of a 2.6 liter engine, gets the mpg of a 6.2 liter doesn't make up for the weight of it being a 1.3 liter.
It ends up being a 5/10.. It's like a woman with a great ass with everything else being less than great. It's the Sara Jay of cars.
>>
The important question: does the renesis still sound good? Loved those 12a braps
>>
>>14765069
Yes. Now stop making this thread.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.