[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget Rotors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 91wxY6Wo-DL._SL1500_.jpg (192 KB, 1154x1500) Image search: [Google]
91wxY6Wo-DL._SL1500_.jpg
192 KB, 1154x1500
Are CENTRIC rotors any good /o/ ? I don't expect any $40 rotor to be amazing, but will they at least last a year or two? I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, but I also don't want to to buy complete junk.
>>
I just got my order of these in today - they better be okay.
>>
Centric is perfectly fine. Decently high quality blanks. Same company as Stoptech.
>>
>>14764884
oem or gtfo
>>
>>14764884
lol those aren't budget rotors. Why does everyone think anything outside of 150 dollar a pop drilled and slotted rotors with "brand name here" stamped on them are cheap?
>>
Napa rotors are amazing for the 40 dollar price range
>>
>>14765062

This

>racekar rotors with less surface area than budget rotors

Yeah, I`m sure those are going to last.
>>
File: ebc-3gd-series-rotors-2.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ebc-3gd-series-rotors-2.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
I just invested in EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with yellow stuff pads.

I live at the base of hillbilly country in South Western Virgina. Lots of very steep hills. While I try to just engine brake down hill whenever possible 90% of the vehicles around here are autotragics and the people driving them ride their brakes HARD. I figured buying good rotors and pads would save me a lot of headache.
>>
>>14764884
Had them on a Jeep wg, were ok but only lasted about 50k km of mixed driving with some trailer towing.
>>
>>14767265
>not drilling your own holes
>>
I have had pretty good success with budget brake discs but putting genuine pads with them.

Cheap pads are the devil.
>>
>>14767472

great way to crack a rotor
>>
Reminds me I've got to do the rear rotors on my wagon. Got some cheap drill/slot stitches from jegs. Seem to be good quality.
>>
>>14767585
>not heat treating your components at home
>>
>>14767633
still a great way to crack the rotor

that's why EBC dimples them
>>
Bosch QuietCast Rotors

Few more bucks then the generic rotors you find out there but will last much longer.

Also, keep in mind that Semi-Metallic brake pads will eat the rotors faster then Ceramic. However, Semi-Metallic work the best but produce the most dust. No matter what pad you go with there is always a trade off.
>>
>>14767685
>not countersinking your own holes
>>
Any 1-piece drilled and/or slotted rotors look cheap as fuck on any car. The quality and look both are completely different between one-piece and two-piece rotors.

Go with blanks since you're looking for budget ones.
>>
>>14767585
>Not manufacturing your own car at home from base metals and plastic
>>
>>14767265

They look like shit imo. Again, all one-piece ones do.

I use Mayle blanks with Pagid pads on my M3 and I never have a problem with heat retention and I work on a literal mountain and drive up-down daily.

I bleed yearly. Maybe that has an affect? Who knows.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.