[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw shitbox burns 1 quart of oil every 250-300 miles. how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tfg.png (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfg.png
28 KB, 633x758
>tfw shitbox burns 1 quart of oil every 250-300 miles.

how fucked am I?
>>
>>14764598
i drive a subaru that burns a sump of oil every two days

its fine, be on top of the oil and it will run forever. Unless its economical to fix it then fix it otherwise cuck out of it and buy another car
>>
Put thicker oil in it brah
My 4.6 2v mustang has 200k on it, was burnin a quart every 500 with 5w20 so i put 10w30 in it. Made it pass smog and i get about 1500 miles now before i have to add. No knocking or anything when i start it.
>>
>>14764626

I put 10w-30 instead of 5w-30. Didn't fix anything.
>>
>>14764666
i use 20-50 in the subaru, sometimes 25-65 and its made no difference to oil burning its that bad, but you might be lucky and 20-50 fixes your problem
>>
>>14764681

isn't that bad to run it that thick in the summer?
>>
>>14764805
i use 20-50 in all my cars, and its made no discernible difference to me
>>
yep....you're fucked. 1 qt of oil in 250 miles is bad. If you live in an emissions county, you will probably not pass the sniff test.
>>
>>14764598

Sure your seals aren't leaking? Any puddles underneath your car after parking it?

I had the same issue but it was just an oil pan gasket.
>>
Your piston rings are fried kid
>>
>>14764908

no leaks m8
>>
>>14764598
Hang in there OP, before making a hole and dying, there are some things you should consider b4:
-gaskets of any kind, from oil filter to head gasket
-PCV valves, which when bad they tend to cause heavy wear on rings product of positive pressure inside the carter. Purchase is dirt cheap but replacement can be a pain in the ass.
-Leaks from the oil radiator, from anywhere where the oil goes thru, so on and so forth.
And I'm falling short, so you deffinely check online for any solutions
>>
File: tfw.png (24 KB, 273x250) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
24 KB, 273x250
>>14764835
>>14764929

god dammit
>>
File: oil stablizer.jpg (19 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
oil stablizer.jpg
19 KB, 450x450
>>14764598

here is your solution OP
>>
>>14765132
Is that stuff actually any good?
>>
>tfw car could probably use a rebuild
>>
>>14765132
lucas stuff is top notch yeah. unless it's a damaged seal and not just a worn one
>>
Check your pcv valve
>>
Spend big $$ on "high mileage synthetic blend"
>>
>>14765160
yeah. my engine idles smoother and quite compared to before. my dad uses it on his car because he drives taxi. it helps against the engine burning oil.
http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/pure-synthetic-oil-stabilizer
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.