[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my car got hail damaged its a write off bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Hail-Damage-Repair1.jpg (434 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Hail-Damage-Repair1.jpg
434 KB, 2560x1920
>tfw my car got hail damaged

its a write off bros
>>
how bad
>>
>>14763992

it's completely fucked, every panel has hail damage and they priced the repair at $20,000
>>
>>14764000
That fucking sucks dude.

At least you got trips.
>>
>>14764000
more pics
>>
Jesus christ, how big was the hail?
>>
>>14763985
Where do you live?
>>
>>14763985

When it gets wrote off do you get to keep the car? It would be awesome if your insurance wrote it off as totaled and you get to keep it to strip and cage.
>>
>>14764009

like 1.75 inches

>>14764012

somewhere that has never had a hail storm this bad in the last like 100 years or more

>>14764032

some insurance companies let you have salvage rights and you can keep the car, they just take the price of the wreck off the total amount they are paying you.
>>
>>14764032
nothing's for free in life.
I bet you have to buy it back for a few thousand.
>>
>>14764032
You can buy it back from the insurance company for cheap.
>>
>>14764051
>>14764050
>>14764049
You can do this, buy the car back from the insurance company for salvage price, but it becomes a rebuilt title and so you can pretty much never sell it.
>>
>>14764049
Did this happen somewhere in Florida? Because I read about some crazy storm in Orlando area last week...
>>
>>14764187
>Florida
>Orlando
>Hail
I mean, it's possible, but I highly doubt it. I mean, he drives a black Honda Accord. He would die in Florida.
>>
If you don't put blankets on your car when hail is coming then you deserve it.
>>
>>14765344
Maybe the fucker didn't know hail was gonna happen. It hailed a little bit yesterday when I was in my garage and I sure as hell didn't expect it. So nearly as bad as this poor bastard. Sorry OP
>>
Hello fellow Texasbro. That hail was pretty bad, yeah. I don't live in a nice enough place for a garage but I at least have a driveway cover and only got dollar size hail.
>>
>>14765368
Hail that big is seen in the radar
>>
>>14765368
>>14765403
It really came out of nowhere. I live in the area and it came in early with fucking softball sized chunks of ice just coming down from every direction. Texas weather is very extreme, unpredictable, and instant.
>>
>>14764122
TFW I sold 2 salvage cars and made profit. Also, greats cars, couldn't tell ti was salvage. Although I did disclose of it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.