[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /o/ i'm in the market to buy a used car i have abou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 00909_j4AhbuceXT_600x450.jpg (36 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
00909_j4AhbuceXT_600x450.jpg
36 KB, 600x401
hey /o/ i'm in the market to buy a used car i have about 10,000$ to spend i want something fast that i can beat on yet still daily drive somewhat comfortably

i don't know much about fox's and i know everyone says "don't buy someone else's project" but this car

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5474912201.html

seems like a really good deal

clean body ,decent interior, new/rebuilt engine and transmission + receipts. He says everything mechanical works and i was already able to talk him down a bit.

Can someone who knows a bit more about Foxbody's take a look at this and kinda tell me what i would be getting myself into? I have almost no idea about of mods are on the vehicle or what future problems it may have down the road.

i am going to test drive it on Wednesday with cash in hand
anything specific i should ask about ?

Thanks /o/ you're the best.
>>
Spending $8,000 on a Fox is pretty insane but if he has receipts showing he's put that much money into it recently then chances are it's pretty tight. If the suspension mods were 10,000 drifts ago it may be a different matter entirely and you won't know until you drive it fairly hard which you may not be comfortable doing on a test drive.

A good approach might be to have the current owner drive you sound a bit IN it and take it close to it's limits just do you'll have an idea where they are. They can vary significantly on a modified fox.
>>
>>14763938
thanks for the advice i planned to have him drive me around a bit before i made the purchase

>Spending $8,000 on a Fox is pretty insane

is it really ? i'm really just trying to get the most performance per dollar what kind of vehicle would you recommend in this price range?
>>
>>14763913
https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5519992454.html

not as fast but way cooler.
>>
>>14764018
definitely cool lol but probably harder to work on / less reliable etc
>>
>>14764056

>A Corolla with the engine in the back
>"less reliable" than a built, abused, non-stock Rustang put together by Jim Bob in his dad's garage

lel. You're right though, the MR2 is harder to work on.
>>
>>14763913
1990-2001 LS400 is affordable to purchase and affordable to maintain. It is incredibly well built and plenty fast.
>>
>>14763913
>$8000 for a foxbody mustang
kys
>>
>>14763994
Buy a $2000-$3000 one and put $6000 into it
>>
>>14764075
automatics are the only ones ive seen
>>
>>14764124
What's wrong with the price, it's [current year] afterall
>>
>>14763994
Yeah a clean stock fox is worth $4k, depending on mods they really shouldnt cost more than 6k.
For that price the car really should be supercharged- you can find supercharged foxes for around 6k.
>>
>>14763913
>https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5474912201.html
A truly clean fox would be worth the asking price but that particular one isn't impressing me. Just seems a bit slapdash.
>>
>>14764947
>>14764801

hmm i already talked him down to 6800 i'm pretty sure once i actually get there and test drive it i can talk him down to 6500 maybe even 6300
+ idk where you live but the only supercharged fox ive seen in the Atlanta area they are asking 10k+
>>
>>14764801
lol no
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.