[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you like the next corvette to be mid-engine? yes or no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11
File: mid-engine corvette.jpg (34 KB, 678x414) Image search: [Google]
mid-engine corvette.jpg
34 KB, 678x414
would you like the next corvette to be mid-engine? yes or no?
http://strawpoll.me/7262593
>>
File: corvair.jpg (88 KB, 750x342) Image search: [Google]
corvair.jpg
88 KB, 750x342
Mid-engined vette is just not right. Give that car a different name. Corvair, maybe? Fiero, if you have to.
>>
File: corvair2.jpg (114 KB, 750x463) Image search: [Google]
corvair2.jpg
114 KB, 750x463
>>14763474

> Corvair, maybe?

Yes, a mid-engined chevy has to be a corvair.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 650x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 650x327
>>14763474
A E R O V E T T E
>>
>>14763474
>>14763485

Yesss. only problem is GM doesn't want anything in their lineup competing with the vette so it would probably have to be dumb'd down and not as fast as it can be.
>>
>>14763442
No. A mid engined Corvette isn't a Corvette, and if they build one (I've seen the mules, they will) it should be a Cadillac.
>>
>>14763497
this
4 rotors as well pls
>chebby-mazda joint venture to build a modern 4-rotor engine never
>>
File: epNOm84.gif (1017 KB, 275x170) Image search: [Google]
epNOm84.gif
1017 KB, 275x170
>>14763690
>>
No. It's a vette. It needs to be an American knuckle dragger sports car built to a price, always.

It just wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>14763775
I think they already overstepped the boundary of knuckle dragger with the C7. I'm really not a fan of the design at all and at this point I'd rather see them jump forward technologically than regress.
>>
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27957/avoidable-contact-mid-engined-corvette/
>>
The C6 and C7 are nearly 50/50 why bother? Do you really think GM wants the risk of fucking up the Corvette just to chase a market where they don't have buyers?

Cadillac would be the logical choice for a high end mid engine car, but I don't think they would have buyers. Let alone if GM has an engine and transmission that would be appropriate for such a car.
>>
We don't need any gimmicky bullshit, just leave it the way it is.
>>
>>14763442
Yes. I'm sick of American cars being held back because "muh hereitage! Muh nostalgia!" Pony, muscle, or sports car it doesn't matter. Everything American is being held back to a self parodying existence. Mustang and Camaro are fat outdated throwback boomer bait. The corvette is barely breaking that mold to too much bitching and moaning.

For fucks sake cheap easy to modify hot hatches are more in the spirit of American performance than anything else. Fucking American sports cars are just a sad tribute to their former selves. Fuck it all.
>>
>Stick supercharged LS in the back
>Overheats and catches fire
>???
Mid rear can eat a dick
>>
So GM should just finish turning the Corvette into a cheap Euro super car wannabe?
>>
>>14764167
If they can make a legitimate mid range sports car that can appeal to the powerfags, and the handlingfags, they'll have essentially cornered the market.
>>
>>
Chevy has already maxed the RWD platform.
a mid engine car with a 150K price tag would make lambos run in fear.
>>
>>14764096
>GM
>Not Gimmick Motors
When they are are ahead of the pack they go and fuck it up.

Oh well we still have the Camero
>>
>>14764194
>inb4 they dont put a oil cooler on it and it shits itself then catches on fire
>>
>>14764120
>I'm sick of American cars being held back because "muh hereitage! Muh nostalgia!" Pony, muscle, or sports car it doesn't matter. Everything American is being held back to a self parodying existence. Mustang and Camaro are fat outdated throwback boomer bait.

But they can easily go toe-toe with cars in and beyond their price-range.. both Mustangs and Camaros can and even (have) beat BMW M3s.

The mustang did it with a LIVE AXLE for christ sake. if anything The STI and EVO are the ones that are becoming outdated and quickly becoming heavy and weigh almost as much as V6 mustangs right now and one of them was killed off (EVO).

The Corvette is still winning races in GT meaning its competitive. whether you are talking about lost potential or not is another matter.

What about Porsche? haven't they held themselves back at times because "muh nostalgia"? the rear engine configuration in the 911 has given Porsche tons of problems that they had to try and engineer their way around instead of just going front-mid engine like everyone else.

I want a mid-engine car from GM if they can do it but i can also see why some would rather they just use a different name rather than call it "Corvette" since it would be as odd as a front-engine 911.
>>
File: mosler_candy_apple_red4.jpg (136 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
mosler_candy_apple_red4.jpg
136 KB, 800x532
>>14763442
It's been here foe a while, anon.
>>
File: mosler-rossion.jpg (93 KB, 628x401) Image search: [Google]
mosler-rossion.jpg
93 KB, 628x401
>>14764369
-for-
>fug
>>
File: 43985649.jpg (128 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
43985649.jpg
128 KB, 750x422
>>14764369
>>14764378

Unfortunately Mosler and all of his competitive cars were banned from SCCA, IMSA, and the FIA.

If GM tried to make a mid-engine car anything like that it would almost immediately be banned from competitive racing.

Although if such a car were produced today it would easily be near Viper ACR levels of performance absolutely decimating even some of the most powerful cars in the world.
>>
>>14764542
maybe because they are kit cars anon
>>
>>14764559

Really? even the consellier GTP?
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-final-days-of-mosler-one-supercar-left-to-move-company-for-sale/

>Wagner is more upbeat on his old boss. He says he loved working on the cars but said Mosler’s “lack of advertising” and insistence on using Corvette taillamps turned away potential customers, who thought the MT900S was a kit.
>>
File: Mosler_pack2.jpg (75 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Mosler_pack2.jpg
75 KB, 600x340
>>14764542
>Me
I read that corvette used the Molser as a test bench for the new gen vetts,
>>
File: 1990_Corvette_CERV-III.jpg (770 KB, 2700x1859) Image search: [Google]
1990_Corvette_CERV-III.jpg
770 KB, 2700x1859
>>14763442
welp
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.