[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people bother buying any new model A audi series when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x313
Why do people bother buying any new model A audi series when you can get the same thing cheaper with volkswagen?

For fuck sakes if you open up an aido you can get at least half the parts inside a volkwagen with the same brand and everything, but when you want to fix them you get charged twice as fucking much..

The fuck?
>>
I just bought a volks cc and it doesn't look like that, what.
It looks mad sick, there wasnt't even the option to paint it yellow..
>>
>>14759326
Both are overrated. If you want a nice German car just buy a fucking Mercedes.
>>
>>14759326
>Why do people bother buying any new model A audi series when you can get the same thing cheaper with volkswagen?
Because you can't. You only THINK you can.
>>
>>14759414
nice gas mileage fag
>>
>>14759415
Please explain further.
>>
>>14759464
Audi's are built better by people with better educations with better materials in better places (I for one personally feel Budapest is a better location than say, Puebla)
>>
>>14759482
This is basically an asumptions for people who want to rationalize the issue in hand.
>>
File: Audi_allroad.jpg (2 MB, 2440x1312) Image search: [Google]
Audi_allroad.jpg
2 MB, 2440x1312
>>14759482
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>14759394
That's the concept for the next gen CC.
>>
>>14759456
what are you, poor?
>>
Don't buy german cars unless you hate germany and german cars.
Fucking dickhead CEOs are pushing muslim ""refugees"" into our country, just so they don't have to pay the average Ronny from east germany a fucking 8€ minimum wage. So unless you want your next BMW, Audi, or Mercedes to be built by the illiterate goat farmer Achmed, don't buy a german car.
>>
File: knockhill.jpg (87 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
knockhill.jpg
87 KB, 800x508
>>14759326
Why would you buy audi/vw when you can buy a japanense car that wont shit the bed the first time you redline it.

I've been tracking my SiR for 3 years and i got it with 167k k/m on there. which is 103,770 miles. The only thing that blew on it with hundred hours of track time is the tires shit out on me which were braum bravirius 2
>>
>>14759872
Whats funny about the allroad?
>>
>>14760308
>shit the bed the first time you redline it.
Why would? It's electronics that fail, I think, not engines (except 1.4TFSI).
>>
>>14759456
Mercedes has hybrids and I4 cars too. They also have diesels that get better range than a fucking Prius despite being far heavier and larger and without emitting 40 times the legal emissions levels like VW products.
>>
>>14759482
IDK about that. In Mexico VW factory worker wages after probationary period are typically in the $5-$20 per hour range with benefits. Mexican workers typically work 8-11 hours per day. Considering that a new middle class home in a nice area costs just $40,000 in most of Mexico and that a decent meal costs just $2.50, that's a very good income. Subsequently auto industry jobs are highly sought after and people fight over them. Most people working on lines in Mexico are the middle class or upper middle class, typically experienced mechanics and tradesmen or recent engineering graduates looking to get into higher eschelons of the industry. In developed countries people who go after these jobs are typically the lower class. Event though they make closer to $15 base wage, that's a lower than average wage in developed countries so it attracts lower than average people.

Back to the point, the most troubled VW models are the Tiguan, Touareg, A8, Q7, and CC, which are European built. There have been Audi products built in Mexico from CKD kits. The A4, A5 and A1 are those that I know off. Additionally global production of the Q5 and A3 are relocating to Mexico soon too, and North American A4/A5 production will follow.

Point being, Mexican VAG workers are likely better off than Euro VAG workers due to international economic variances, and besides that, most work on these vehicles are done by robots and Euro and Mexican VAG products typically utilize the same suppliers which are German, Czech, Chinese, Mexican, American, Brazilian and Spanish regardless of final point of manufacture.
>>
>>14760283
We actually don't have many German cars built in Germany here. Only the top rung vehicles are made in Germany. Most mass market German cars now made in North America. Mercedes builds 52% of their US market vehicles in the US. The C, ML, and GL are made here. The GLC, CLA, GLA and E-Klasse will be built in Mexico soon. BMW builds all their SUVs and some coupes here and Mexico is soon going to build all cars from the 1-series, 3 series and 5 series for the North American market. VW builds most of their small cars for this continent in Mexico and builds the Passat in the US. The A3, Q3 and Q5 are to be built in Mexico soon too.
>>
>>14759326
Because you can't get any proper Audi's (A6 and up) in VW spec, and because trim levels tend to be better on the Audi model.

Anyone not picking Skoda or Seat in the lower VAG segments is stupid though.
>>
Why do people bother buying any new model Volkswagen when you can get same thing cheaper with Skoda?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.