[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car technology that is Horseshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Mazda-Skyactiv-badge.jpg (798 KB, 2559x1633) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-Skyactiv-badge.jpg
798 KB, 2559x1633
ITT: Car technology that is Horseshit
>>
>>14752967
http://m.wardsauto.com/technology/how-mazdas-skyactiv-fuel-efficiency-technology-works
Name another 2.5 liter that gets the same mileage.
>>
>>14752974
>prove to me
>prove to me

prove to us first that mazda is no. 1,2 or even 3 in mpg.
Link to us an article that lists it as number 1

If you cant do that, then all your links are irrelevant and purely placebo
>>
>>14752993
There are more factors you're choosing to ignore.
>2.5L @ 184hp getting 40+ mpg
Who can compare to that?
>>
File: heehee.gif (935 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
heehee.gif
935 KB, 200x154
>no power, taking into account the displacement
>no torques compared to turbocharged engines
>worse empeegees than turbocharged engines

mazda is known to be special snowflake with shitty gimmicks
>>
File: 2394823.jpg (26 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
2394823.jpg
26 KB, 376x500
>>14753003
>Don't forget to sage kids

I always do on everything i eat :^)
>>
>>14753042
None of this is true and I'm sure it's b8
But the ecoboost 1.0L is barely breaking 40mpg with 120hp
I'll take the Mazda any day.
>>
G8 b8 m8
>>
perfect balance of performance and fuel efficiency
>>
>>14752967
This is your second thread today
What did skyactiv ever do to you?
>>
>>14753042
>displacement
>mattering
what are you, some eurocuck or something?
>>
>>14754216
skyactiv took my girlfriend and rekt my mom

..then before he was done he rekt my dad

;_;
>>
>>14752967
Oh look this thread again
>>
Man, the last time I saw this thread was like 6 months ago. Is it just this one guy who makes them?
>>
>>14754230
eurocucks dont care about torque or power so they might find mazda 'good'
>>
>>14752974
my 2004 sentra ser spec v got 32mpg city if I drove it right

2.5l 170hp i4
>>
>>14754554
>six months ago
nigga this guy makes this thread about every week or two
I don't know if he's the same guy who keeps shitposting about the Mazda3
I know we have a lot of shitposters that hate certain brands, but damn
>>
>>14754083
>earth dreams.
Honda always go all out with their slogans.
>>
>>14754597
Hey, fellow spec v owner!

I usually average mid 20's because I drive with a lead foot and it's mostly non highway.

I have a vis carbon fiber hood that I need to sell since my car is a roach now and I'd look like an idiot with it on my car. Virtually brand new. Was on my friends car for a few weeks.
I'll sell it dirt cheap. $800 originally. I'll part with it for probably a retardedly low price.
Live in CT
>>
Explain in detail how it's bullshit.
>>
>>14753005
Ok you didnt prove anything. Enjoy your placebo.

Until anyone can link mento a statistic or article that mazda owns in mpg then you're full of shit
>>
>>14753054
>mazdrone cant handle the truth yet again.
I bet you owns a mazcuck 3 with terribad p/w ratio.
>>
>>14757804
>A car can't have impressive fuel economy unless someone arbitrarily ranks the entire marque #1 in fuel economy

Do you even hear yourself?

The term "skyactiv technology" is very gimmicky, to be sure. Weight reduction and improved efficiency are still legitimate design improvements, though. More manufacturers should do that.
>>
File: 1407569914316.jpg (117 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
1407569914316.jpg
117 KB, 500x630
>>14757804

Edith, Mazda fan or not, you a faggot ass niggah. That's not what a Placebo is, and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>14752967
kek.

"Skyactiv Technology" is a catch all name for the series of things that Mazda does to improve fuel efficiency, power, and safety.

Fuel efficiency is increased by using high compression pistons and direct injection, without requiring premium fuel. Also on some cars, a capacitor is used that captures braking energy. This capacitor drives the lights, radio, air conditioning, etc, saving on alternator drag.

Other features include lightweight, quick shifting transmissions (Both auto and manual), lightweight, high strength bodies.
>>
>>14757827
>smart engineering is gimmicky
JUST
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.