[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheel Spacers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 460x345
Are wheel spacers bad for your automobile? Why or why not install them?
>>
Puts more stress on your wheel bearings in a direction they weren't designed to. The ones that include lugs can be sketchy also. If you do use them at least make sure they're hubcentric and that you get larger lug studs if need be
>>
>>14752807
Typically bad as they put more stress on the hubs and sometimes have balance issues if poorly made.
>>
File: IMG_0294.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>14752807
No because camber
>>
>>14752827
a one inch spacer will do no such thing. And most wheel spacers are less than that

What you need to worry about is changing your toe under braking, and accelerating. It also fucks with your scrub angle. People never think about this when they get wider tires, or use spacers.

Spacers are mainly when you lower your car, a and want to bring your wheel further out so it doesnt look too sunken, or clear brake calipers.
>>
File: a0a.png (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
a0a.png
72 KB, 500x500
>>14752835
you think you're funny don't you?
>>
>>14752842
You'd be surprised how much leverage a Inch can put on a hub and bearing.
>>
>>14752827
>in a direction they weren't designed to
they do no such thing. they just increase force.
>>14752842
> toe
why would toe be affected?
>scrub [radius]
why would that matter? as long as it isn't zero you are stable.
>>
>>14752885
spacing out the center of your wheel effects toe under braking, and accelerating. This is much more stressful on your steering, other components than extra wear on your bearings.
>>
There are TUV certified spacers.

If ze Germans approve, then ze are goot idea, ya?
>>
>>14752885
Are you stupid? Move wheels farther away from your hub and it puts more stress on your wheel bearings. It's not hard to figure out.
>>
>>14753088
You would have to have pretty floppy suspension for that to be an issue. IDK, my car has near zero dive. Do see your point however.
>>
>>14753112
Never said it wouldn't increase stress, I said it will be in the same direction as before.
>>
>>14753112
this. just imagine it taken to the extreme. imagine putting 3 foot wide spacers on your car. imagine what that would do to your poor little hubs.

imagine.
>>
>>14753088
To be more accurate, it magnifies the effect you were already having. They make more sense for cars with suspension travel reduced from stock.
>>
>>14753121
>imagine.
it's called pretend, anon
>>
>>14753133
both terms are applicable in this situation you half nigger piece of shit.

tell your squirting sister i said hi :)
>>
>>14753134
fucked my sister, can verify you are correct

thought you might want to know I have been there first. cuck.
>>
Guys I just wanted to make my car look cool, and now we are fucking each other sisters and calling each other cucks.
>>
Sometimes they're necessary to clear suspension components or the chassis when using wider wheels.
>>
File: IMG_8191.jpg (34 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8191.jpg
34 KB, 720x540
>>
>>14753154
>cuck
it called cluked, anon
>>
>>14752885

>in a direction they weren't designed to
I have a red crayon,
>they just increase force

Dude seriously? increase force on an object procures inevitable increase.

Get a hold of it. I am going to bed. Seriously, noobs.
I want it blue.
>>
>>14753219
goddamn motherfucking 4chan deleting all my shit
>>
>>14753219
If you stick that crayon up your ass it may turn brown... or you may turn red... or both.
>>
>>14752835
kek itll mimic my bent bicycle wheel
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.