[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rebuilt titles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 00k0k_cAX6cv4RN9d_600x450.jpg (37 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
00k0k_cAX6cv4RN9d_600x450.jpg
37 KB, 600x339
Long story short, the clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinder, all fucked on my AW11, plus a bunch of other repairs that wouldn't be worth it to me at this stage. The car is fucked, and I'm depending on the charity and goodwill of my friends and family for transportation until I get a car.

So I'm looking for a new car, and I found this Impreza Outback that catches my fancy. Craigslist around me is slim pickings. Wish I lived in fucking Phoenix or some shit, senpai. But I digress.

http://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/5506446093.html

It's pretty much everything I want right now, from what I hear it's fun(ner than a taurus) to drive, it's got space to lug shit around. It's, I mean, it's a '90s Impreza. I love this shit.

But it's rebuilt, and it has some rust, and I just don't know if it's worth it or if I should buy a fucking metro and wait for something good to show up.
>>
>>14752587
>clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinde
This is like $200 and a days worth of work
>>
>>14752600
This
>>
>>14752600
word.

OP they have an expression for you.
>Penny smart and pound foolish
>>
>>14752617
>>14752611
>>14752600
Aight, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I was under the impression that a clutch replacement was beyond my skill. I can change my own oil and put in new brake pads, like, basic maintenance, but I've never actually done legit repair before.

Mechanic quoted me at like a grand and I guess I panicked.

Forgive my ignorance.
>>
>>14752600
Even if he paid someone it wouldn't be super expensive
>>
>>14752696
Mechanics around here all want to rip me off, then. Every god damn quote I get on this thing for pretty much everything is north of $800.

Time for more research.
>>
File: Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png (437 KB, 635x608) Image search: [Google]
Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png
437 KB, 635x608
>>14752703

You're on /o/ and you won't do the work yourself?

LAzy fuck
>>
>>14752703
It's worth paying 800 or 1000. If this is all your car needs to be perfect then do it. It's not worth buying an unknown car and then having to do the same repairs.
>>
>>14752587
Impreza has definitly been hooned by some kid for years, then sold and hooned by some other kid. Dont buy
>>
>>14752718
>need a car to get to work to continue to live and don't want to risk fucking it up
>la

well now that I think about it it's already fucked

damn i'm stupid

This is why I come to /o/ instead of my friends, you're willing to tell me when I'm a fuckwit.

>>14752735
Oh ho ho, brother. Because of the PO, I need to:
-find a downpipe replacement
-replace rear calipers and rotors
-repaint the whole goddamn thing because of his god-awful "carbon fiber" water transfers and shitty topcoat
-find new interior plastic (also because of his god-awful water transfers)
-fix all the rust on one of the rear quarter panels

There's probably more I'm leaving out, but I fucked up when I bought this car. Subconsciously I probably just want out.
>>
>>14752587
You're lucky you have metro's available for cheap. Every one for sale in my area is $1000+
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.