[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate SUVs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Why does everyone hate SUVs?
>>
I don't. that would be pretty retarded.
>>
>crv
>suv
Pick one
>>
>>14752244
Most of us are here because we like driving, and few SUVs are fun to drive. They're basically minivans: useful but boring.
>>
>>14752284
But how are they boring? I've never driven anything larger than a mid-size wagon.
>>
>>14752296
They're basically boats with wheels, Anon. They are not fun to drive, period.
>>
monitoring this cause I'm thinking of getting an 08-09 Escape Hybrid
>>
>>14752299
What does driving a boat with wheels feel like?
>>
>>14752284
>can take off road without worrying about ripping off oil pan
Wew lad, that is boring.
>>
>>14752299
But boats are fun to drive.
>>
>>14752296
No steering feel, very tippy.

There are exceptions, like Porsche's. And if you take them offroad then they're fun. But I'd hate to daily drive one.

The truck-based ones are great for towing and offroading, but they're woefully inefficient - not just in terms of fuel mileage, but packaging. They feel a lot smaller inside than their exterior size suggests. Especially Ford's. I felt cramped (vertically) in the Navigator.

But most SUVs are marketed as safe family vehicles so they're as dull as any minivan would be. Worse to drive, imo. At least minivans have low centers of gravity and feel more like a car.
>>
>>14752244
Do everything a minivan does except worse, with the exception of ground clearance, which most drivers will never utilize. Why America is obsessed with them, I do not know. It is what it is.
>>
>>14752336
CURB CLIMBZ ERRY DAY
>>
>>14752299
Maybe not on roads, but take em off road and it's more fun than most road going cars for similar prices
>>
if they were small then I'd like them but the small SUV crowd got flushed out in favor of crossovers
>>
File: tridgeroad.jpg (2 MB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
tridgeroad.jpg
2 MB, 1824x1368
>>14752355

This. The IDGAF feeling of blasting down a washed out forest access road cannot be beat.
>>
>Ride higher; Feeling of safety but not actually any safer. Leads to a lot of asshole drivers.
>Expensive
>Worse gas milage than sedan while often having barely less room
>BAD design that mostly looks the same regardless of model
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 640x1136
>tfw hooning my Xterra in the Nevada Dirt
>tfw got new 33s
>tfw wish it would rain so I can get some mud on them
Maybe one day
>>
It's the newer SUVs I'm not a fan of, the ones that are basically minivans with even less gumption than a second-gen Caravan. I'd much rather tear around the countryside in an old YJ or Bronco, the kind that can bump into a small sapling and either not care or not even notice.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.