[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
Can /o/ tell me what's wrong:

2004 Chrysler Concord at 143000 miles.

I've known for a while I've had a bad fuel pump, but in the past that just meant it took a couple tries to start.

Now my car doesn't want to shift into either second or third gear and takes about 10 seconds to finally do it.

My biggest problem tho is getting up to speed sometimes the gas doesn't register. I put my foot down but I accelerate really slow. Sometimes it comes and goes a little. I can also sometimes hear a 'click' coming from under the car.

I'm a poor college fuck that's getting a student loan to get a new car. I just need this to last a couple days to a week longer.

My first post here.
>>
>>14751489
>2004 Chrysler Concord
There's your problem
>>
>>14751489
The operator.
>>
Should have run some fool system cleaner through it may now be too late
>>
>>14751504

Yeah yeah, my car sucks.

Dad sold it to me for half its blue book at 90k miles.
>>
the transmission is failing i had that as my first car and fixing it cost me so fucking much money i should have just bought a civic

no joke in around 2 years i spent 6000 on repairs for that stupid car
mine had 98000 miles and was always garaged and never beaten on by my grandfather who bought it new...
>>
>>14751489

Your transmission is kill

That's what you get for buying a Chrysler.
>>
>>14751534
Thanks for reply.

Yeah I figured as much about transmission I've already had it worked on once. But would that explain it not wanting to accelerate or the 'click' I hear. It's usually already in gear by then.
>>
>>14751489
Sounds like the car is failing. Transmission, engine, whatnot. Enjoy it dying on the side of the road.
>>
>>14751597

I just need it to get me to class a few more days. I'm committed to purchasing a new vehicle. It runs just fine on highway once it's up to speed, and transmission seems to only stick in lower gears.

My biggest problem is the not being able to get up to speed.
>>
>>14751534
Last year my car Concorde keep stalling on me. Spent almost 1k just to find out/fix it. Still didn't solve it. Take it it was the transmission going as well.

Loved old car
>>
Actually it sounds like either the input or output speed sensor is bad on the trans. Common problem, and a lot of transmission get rebuilt in those cars when its just a $50 sensor.
>>
File: 1457482197441.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1457482197441.png
208 KB, 327x316
>>14751516
>Dad sold it to me
Your dad taught you an early life lesson about buying used cars from shady people.
>>
>>14753913
This. Replace some sensors/solenoids.

Also replace your transmission fluid, it's sometimes the difference between gears not going in, and the smoothest shifts. If there are large pieces of metal on the drain plug, transmission is probably kill.
>>
>>14753933
top kek
>>
>>14751516
Damn, this makes me appreciate how amazing my dad is even more than I already do.
>>
>>14753933
>>14754148
It ran for six years and gave me over 50k miles.

Not from this board but only had 2 helpful replies. You guys fucking suck. I expected it to die but instead people just talking shit rather than be helpful.

If you come to /k/ and want advice about a gun don't mention you're from /o/. I've helped you guys out before. We give OP shit but our helpful advice/shitposting is much more positive. I made it home with my car, as if you shitlords care.

Thanks for the few anons that gave helpful advice.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.