[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2002 WRX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2002-03_Subaru_WRX_sedan.jpg (1 MB, 2017x1194) Image search: [Google]
2002-03_Subaru_WRX_sedan.jpg
1 MB, 2017x1194
Long story short I might be getting my hands on a 2002 WRX. The guy says it has

>An STi turbo
>Pink headers
>High volume fuel pump
>Full exhaust

What should I fear most? Will the larger turbo from the STi put too much stress on the regular WRX engine?
>>
The EJ20Gs in those things are weak, so are the transmissions.

Depends how much boost it is making. What is it using to control boost?

I think by pink headers you mean pink injectors
>>
>>14750644
Yea, meant to write injectors.

I'm waiting to hear back from him, info in the OP is all I have.
>>
>>14750611

What you should fear most is having a 14 year old Subaru that's been modified God knows how many times.
>>
>>14750708

This. If you're paying more than $4000 for this thing, you're a faggot and you deserve the thing to blow up on you.

Sadly, the 4EAT gearbox is better than the 5MT. Superior front differential, better AWD abilities, can handle more power, doesn't break as often, etc.
>>
>>14750708
>>14750721
I would be trading an old Jeep that I never drive for it. It's purely for fun.
>>
>What should I fear most?

It's had the shit ragged out of it and will be nothing but a money pit until you're so sick of it you sell it for spares.
>>
>>14750721

If he shifts the 5MT smooth and doesn't launch it, it will last a bit, also depends on what kind of power he is making. IIRC they don't like more that 280ft-lbs.

but, say he does shred it. It's not like he can't swap it with a later transmission. They are cheap and plentiful.

It's a two person job that can be done in less than 10 hours.
>>
>>14750773

Do you honestly believe that any WRX owner shifts smoothly and doesn't launch their car?

The gearboxes are ticking time bombs on these things. Unless you owned it from new and babied the thing, it's basically something you PLAN on exploding in the first 3 months of ownership.
>>
welp
>>
>>14750795
>scared of transmissions

bitch boy
>>
>>14750795
my wrx has 190K miles and still has the same clutch and it shifts like a dream

I don't know what are you talking about

Glass tranny is really a meme
>>
>>14750733

>>14750708 here.

No worries then. That makes it different; just assumed this would be a cab you would be relying on. Have fun!
>>
Buy it. As long as its tuned right and you change the oil on time it'll last fine. The ej205 is a fine motor for those mods. Don't listen to the tards the trannys are fine. They usually only go from being launched and when you're pushing over 300 hp and beat the shit out of it. They can go, but it's not a given.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.