[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Functionality of a Brushguard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Hi /o/,

I am considering getting a brush guard for my 2011 Ford Ranger. The main reason I want to get one is because I have been paranoid about damaging vehicles in a deer collision ever since I smoked one with my mom's Challenger when I was in high school. Basically, I'm trying to add a bit more protection to my truck. Also, over christmas I rode with the Sheriff back home and we ended up hitting a deer with a Ram 2500 that had a guard (all it did was mess up the passenger headlight). So, what is the general consensus on brush guards? In the event of a deer collision, would this help protect the truck or should I put that money elsewhere?

Here is the specific product I am looking at:
http://www.carid.com/2011-ford-ranger-grill-guards/dee-zee-grille-guard-4236553.html#reviews
>>
Brush guards protect against foliage. The best protection against deer is paranoia at night.
>>
>>14749013
I have one like that on my Dodge Dakota I bought from Carid but mine is a Westin. I got that one because it has one additional crossbar on top middle part.
I think it's worth the $300-$500 cost.
Plus they come pre-drilled for mounting off-road lights. Now I have a 2002 Ford Ranger and I'm probly gonna put a Westin on that too.
>>
>>14749026
>Brush guards protect against foliage.
unless you get a real "grill guard" like the ones made by Ranchhand. I plowed through 3 full size deer at 70 mph all at one once with one of those on my truck and didn't get a scratch.
Unfortunately i can't find a Ranchhand grill guard for a smaller truck like a Dakota or a Ranger.
>>
File: 20151220_152214.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20151220_152214.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>14749013
Why not go full ham and get steel bumpers like myself? They weigh a fuckton but have saved the truck from multiple deer.
>>
>>14749047
Did you fucking line them up?!
>>
>>14749047
>I plowed through 3 full size deer at 70mph all at once
Nigga you what
>>
>>14749314
good lord that beautiful

gunna have to ask you to post a few more pics of that thing mister

if I had a 3/4+ instead of a halfton, the first thing is a big replacement bumper. just sucks though cause nowhere around here sells ranchand or similar, just those ugly underbite looking road armor ones
>>
File: 20150710_190541-1.jpg (4 MB, 2587x1933) Image search: [Google]
20150710_190541-1.jpg
4 MB, 2587x1933
>>14749026
I've never seen so much ignorance in one thread. One week after getting a brush guard, i got into a front end collision going 35mph and my truck came out unscathed. While the lady that hit me had to get a tow because her entire front end got destroyed.
>>
File: ranch hand bump.jpg (68 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
ranch hand bump.jpg
68 KB, 800x598
>>14749013
deezee and smittybuilt are mall crawler tier

look around for something like >>14749314
or >>14749711

a $300 deezee is nothing like a $1200 ranchhand bumper
>>
>>14749325
>>14749446
Deer especially Doe(s) travel in herds, the also like to stand on narrow backroads.
I rounded a bend and hit six one morning.
>6 deer vs 1 R-model that was 3 tons overweight with bad brakes
Guess who won
>>
>>14750837
guess who spent 2 days powerwashing guts, hairs, and turds out of the radiator.
>>
>>14750504
That more has to do with car vs car. Deer can still fuck cars up depending on the style of guard and the type of car.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.