[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ here soon I'm going to be buying a nice mostly garage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1998001_1995_Supra_Turbo.jpg (66 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
1998001_1995_Supra_Turbo.jpg
66 KB, 590x333
Hey /o/ here soon I'm going to be buying a nice mostly garage kept car to go out on the weekends with. Is the stock non-rurbo Supra worth the money? Or would I be better off just saving for a little longer and buying a GTE?
I own an is300 and I like the engine, so that's another reason why I'm really tempted to buy one.
>>
>>14748740
>non-rurbo

The fact that you have to ask.
>>
>>14748740

buy the GTE itll be worth it in the long run
>>
I just don't think the twin turbo engine is worth an extra $20,000. It seems every turbo one is lik3 $50,000 plus and the non turbo's are in the 20's. Can't you just switch out the intake and head and have basically the same engine? Or would this just not even be worth it?
>>
>>14748811

Its ALOT more than just the 'intake & head'

Just buy a civic OP

/thread
>>
The 2jz twin turbo is worth it.
If you get an NA you'll always regret it/ the na engine isn't worth upgrading. Its cheaper to buy a 2jz with the turbo from the factory and swap it in then it is to get an NA and do it.
>>
a Supra is a great car OP. however if you get a NA, don't be a tool and turbo it. while a NA Supra won't win many drag races, it will however be plenty fun in its own way.

plus if you end up building it up you could have a really great NA Supra instead of just an average turbo one.
>>
>>14748832
What would be options for keeping NA but still building it? Literally no one I know ever went that route so I think it'd be unique.
>>
no MKIV Poopra is worth the money

the only good thing about it is the engine

>>14749365
NA is just an expensive way to go slow
>>
>>14748818
>>14748825
>>14748832

You can turbo the N/A engine. I don't know why people still say this shit because it's been done for decades and you can buy literally everything you need to NA-T an atmo 2JZ off the shelf

it's not worth $20k extra to buy a TT unless you just want it for collector value
>>
>>14748832
>10000 under the hood to push 300 whp tops

The literal who of what you did to make your supra gain more hp. Yeah nah everybody does na-t it's one of easiest engine to go na-t with

The 2jz ge lacks oil squirters under the Pistons
It has a higher compression ratio and a different headgasket

Doesn't make it horrible

Many ppl have boosted gs300s with like 400whp with nothing more than an eBay setup with a turbo swap to a high quality one a fuel pump fpr and injectors on a fucking neo.
>>
>>14748740
Depending on where you live and if you can actually get one for what there worth yeah

Their great looking cars, everyone is calling the N/A version slow but they still run mid 6 0-60s which is pretty good for a 90s car. Barely slower than a sw20 turbo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.