[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a Citroen Jumpy (also called Citroen Dispatch in other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Citroën_Jumpy_in_St_Trond.jpg (1 MB, 2894x1670) Image search: [Google]
Citroën_Jumpy_in_St_Trond.jpg
1 MB, 2894x1670
I have a Citroen Jumpy (also called Citroen Dispatch in other countries and it's basically the same car as the Fiat Scudo and Peugeot Expert).

I had it parked in my front garden for a about a month without using it. A couple of days ago I tried to turn it on and it won't start. Nothing happens, except for all the warning lights on the dashboard burning red and the fuel lamp making a ticking noise.

Anyone got an idea what's going on? I don't think I left anything on for the battery to get drained. I did leave a rear-view camera in the lighter socket, would that be a problem?

Thank you.
>>
>>14748731
Battery is as flat as a japs face M8. The camera draws very little power but over a month it's enough to flatten it.
>>
>>14748735
Thanks for your reply!

I thought it might be the battery. But all the other warning lights are on as well? That's freaking me out. I feel like I killed my car.

Do I jumpstart it now or what?

By the way, I know absolutely nothing about cars (as you might have figured out yourself).
>>
>>14748731
It seems as though your jumpy needs a jumpy.
>>
>>14748738
:3
>>
>>14748737
You can jump start it, or remove the battery charge it and refit it. You could push start it, it's not complicated to do.
>>
>>14748738
Haha coolio I'll try it out later.

How long do you need to have the jumper cables on it? Couple of minutes or longer?
>>
>>14748744
Also have a look at the battery, some have a glass magic eye on top. If it's green or sometimes clear you should be ok to charge it but if it's black it's probably fucked.
>>
>>14748750
I'd give it a few minutes of charging before cranking it. Remember to have the other car running or you'll end up with 2 flat batteries. Also black/negative jumper cable goes on last and gets disconnected first.
>>
>>14748750
If you have a multimeter then you'll know if you can jump it or if the battery needs charging. A fully charged battery is around 12.7 volts and discharged is around 11.9 I would also recommend getting a battery tender if you're going to be leaving your vehicle undriven for an extended period of time.
>>
>>14748754
Cheers I'll give it a butcher's.

>>14748761
Thank you, I'd probably have done it the wrong way round haha.

>>14748773
Sadly, I don't own a multimeter. Maybe I'll ask around and try measuring the volts before I give it a go. Cheers!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.