[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /o/. I want a reliable wagon to transport musical equipme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: volvo850.jpg (58 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
volvo850.jpg
58 KB, 600x450
Hi /o/. I want a reliable wagon to transport musical equipment to shows. This 96 Volvo 850 gets excellent blue book reviews, but I'm worried that the aftermarket mods have messed it up too badly: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5515274011.html

what do you think? pass?
>>
anybody?
>>
Remember the man who bumped your dying thread. Remember me
>>
i had a v70 which was a decent car. everything little will break from time to time but it is general easy to fix. watch out for a serious problem with the pcv system as they are a bitch to change. also the front shocks like to blow at around 100k. i would look for a non turbo 850 just less to go wrong.
>>
>>14745074
>aftermarket mods
What mods?

Apart from the intake it's all upgraded replacement parts for wear items

Also just buy a fucking toyota
>>
It has low miles, but with the shit he's out in it, I'd be worried about it having been boyraced to hell and back.

If it's been pushed too hard or the turbo mods haven't been set up correctly, you could be looking at a hefty repair.
>>
>>14745074

Highly modded volvo 850 owner here.

What mods are concerning you? Doesn't look like he's done anything that radical.

Go take a look at it. That's a pretty damn good price for it. I'd buy it no questions asked If I was closer.
>>
>>14746472
>Also just buy a fucking toyota
Will a Toyota have seventy cubic feet of space for OP to haul shit around in and a sweet inline five under the hood?
>>
>>14745074
looks like a good deal to me. should last you 150k more miles easily, too.
>tfw no turbo qt volvo
>>
>>14746541
No.

But it'll break half as often with parts half the price.
>>
>>14745074
just be careful about the miles that gen 850's odometers loved to break and although aren't hard to fix many people never did. Set aside another grand for unexpected repairs at a minimum a full pvc set and a timing belt water pump and you'll be golden
>>
>>14746565
>Volvo
>break

It doesn't die, it just goes to sleep for a while!
>>
>>14746574
also to add heres a video of some autist that restores these cars for cheap his channel has loads of diy videos on these cars and their common problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4g-w4OXeBw
>>
>>14746595

>some autist

lol robert getting shit on by some /o/tard

But yes robert has a lot of good videos. 850s are exceptionally easy to repair.
>>
Thanks everybody for actually contributing helpful information.

>>14746595
Wow, this is like exactly what I needed. Cheers!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.