[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese vs American vs Europe cars. which is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 320x158) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 320x158
Japanese vs American vs Europe cars.
which is the best?
>>
Europe>Japan>Burgerland
I'm a burger myself
>>
saged
>>
Japan>Europe>Murrica
>>
File: 1459287805860.jpg (62 KB, 680x415) Image search: [Google]
1459287805860.jpg
62 KB, 680x415
>>14739253
Best at what, OP?
>>
>>14739278
weeb

>>14739266
self hating cuck

>>14739253
europe>america>Japan

t. american
>>
>>14739303
>s-stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>14739266
this
>>
File: GTRNismo.jpg (496 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
GTRNismo.jpg
496 KB, 2048x1536
>>14739253
Japanese cars of course. Since they started making sports/supercars they always dominated their american and european competitors, just look at the GTR and what it accomplished. Eurocucks and burgers just can't compete.
>>
>>14739253
Japan>America>yurop
>>
>>14739669
Can you give some examples other than the GTR? People think Japan makes the best cars now just because of the GTR, but that's the exception rather than the rule. NSX? Shit. LFA? Underwhelming.
>>
>>14740074
>NSX
>shit

Care to elaborate? It's not even out, and the few press people that tried it all loved it.
>>
>>14740074
STI
Evo
Soupra
MR2
Rx7
>>
Boring soulless FWD shitboxes vs lolbuildquality vs breaks every 5 days and costs 3x the msrp of the car to fix anything
>>
File: german cars collage.jpg (664 KB, 1501x2269) Image search: [Google]
german cars collage.jpg
664 KB, 1501x2269
In terms of build quality, the Japs.
>>
File: suzuki-swift-sport-3.jpg (66 KB, 1140x643) Image search: [Google]
suzuki-swift-sport-3.jpg
66 KB, 1140x643
>>14740181
Why is Suzuki so based?
>>
>>14740289

SX4 owner here. It's just overall the best bang for buck car I could afford.
>>
>>14739253
Europe makes some cool cars but Japan rules when it comes to cars you can actually afford and DD
>>
>>14740181
>reliability makes a car the best because i'm a butthurt poorfag
>>
>>14740532

t. nouveau riche "gibsemedat blingety bling" baby
>>
1 Japan
1 Europe
2 Worst Korea
3 America
9999. Coвeтcкий Aвтoпpoм
>>
File: cEWrVOd (1).jpg (241 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cEWrVOd (1).jpg
241 KB, 1024x768
>>14740074
>LFA? Underwhelming.
>>
>>14740074
Best supercar: GTR

Best sports car: Miata

Best affordable car: Mazda3

Best small truck: Tacoma

Best family sedan: Camry

Best family suv: Highlander

Best off-road: land cruiser

Best full-size Truck: f-series

Best luxury sedan: phantom

Best sport sedan: m3

Best luxury suv: xc90

Most reliable: Japan

Brands with the most safety awards: Japan

Best cheap cars: Japan

Best luxury cars: Europe

Haters gonn hate.
>>
>>14739253
Japan builds the cars with the best quality control and attention to detail with regards to usability by the average tard, plus their performance cars are quite good and the LS is functionally the best luxury car under $150k. Gotta be #1.

Germany has a history of gloriously over-engineered cars that could do things that would overheat or otherwise fry most other mass-market road cars. Porsche is making a good case for being the best performance marque, while Mercedes has a huge lock on the lux-barge market. #2

American cars are neat sometimes but usually only because of their freer use of large-displacement engines and truck chassis. The niche super car companies like Saleen deserve respect though.
>>
>>14739253
Japan>Europe=America

There are very few American and European cars that I actually like and would own, and there are more Japanese cars that I like than dislike.
>>
>>14739253
europe = pretentious or overengineered
japan = cheap shit riding on a 20 year old reputation for reliability that doesn't apply anymore in most cases
usa = highly improved over recent history to become best value in cars and trucks in every single segment
>>
File: heymotherfucker.jpg (12 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
heymotherfucker.jpg
12 KB, 239x250
Why do you keep posting threads where you imply that the Venom GT is an "american" car? It's a Lotus with an american motor. Is an LS swapped Supra also an american car?
>>
>>14741170
>europe = pretentious or overengineered
European, not German.
>>
>>14739278
This obviously
>>
European = too expensive supermachine or inexpensive piece of shit, no inbetween

American = Performance and cargo

Japan = Reliability
>>
>>14739253
Korean ;)
>>
There is good and bad in all :)
>>
>>14741170
>usa = highly improved over recent history to become best value in cars and trucks in every single segment
Didn't realise the US domestic market was the only one in the world lol
>>
>>14741170
>usa = highly improved over recent history to become best value in cars and trucks in every single segment

usa = Car too heavy? Biggur engine with 100L per mile
>>
File: Fca-1.jpg (31 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
Fca-1.jpg
31 KB, 620x334
>>14739253
Europe=America>>>>>>>>Japan
Japan is only good at making dishwashers. FCA unites the best from Europe with the best from USA. FCA is the future, FCA is love, FCA is life.
>>
>>14741819
0/10
>>
>>14741695
dw obongo gib subventinised car-drink
>>
>>14740121
The original NSX that sold at dealerships had a V6 with what, 270hp?. It was a joke but anyone that was dumb enough to buy one didn't think it was very funny. What happened was some fast talking salesmen sold them to normalfag idiots that didn't know anything about cars and only bought them because they look sporty. The bottom of the line camaro that didn't cost 1/2 as much could run circles around it all day long. The Acura moved like a turtle with bad knee's. Acura really rips people. It's a brand for normie plebs that don't know cars.
>>
>>14742404
Are you fucking retarded? Gentleman's agreement held back the NSX from being more powerful. It was still an incredibly fast car in it's time and praised by many racing car drivers. Go understeer off a cliff faggot.
>>
>>14741819
this 2bh
>>
>>14741322
a rational, non-biased post?
i must not be on /o/ anymore
>>
>>14739253
Europe isn't a country.
>>
>>14742499
Neither is America
>>
>>14739253

hey its roger posting from my thinkpad edge e50c

first of all OP u r opening up a can of worms so big that if the pope opened it he would have to shit in the woods. the US and europe and japan have been going at it now for 100 years, in war, at culture, of music, where places, on science, but one thing is clear. the US will always be number one at everything. for instance in europe they have daft punk and in japan they have that k-pop guy with the dance, but we have bruce springsteen. jesus christ that might be a bigger mismatch than nagasaki vs. a little US boy

anyway you want to rank the cars of each country and thats a cool idea. first lets weigh the respective merits

1. european cars (saab, volvo, seat, skoda, yugo, vauxall, lada, etc.) are sort of like what u'd get if u asked helmut gucci (a fashion designer) to design cars and then had derek zoolander build them. for instance (this is true) you'll get a german car engineer and he'll be like "we have to insert 30 motors so that the door handle can automatically articulate itself to mimick the profile of an attacking wombat" and his boss is like "BUILD IT" - thats called tootonic styling (so named because our horns go HWONK but they design theirs to go toot (id write that in italics if possible). there is also british styling where you affix a lot of wood to the car, and french styling where u just make the trunk as ugly as possible to make people contemplate the meaninglessness of their existence - but the point is its all about looks. as a result, some cars, such as lamborghinis, actually look good, bc the italians learned a lot from the US about doing cool stuff, even if they are not really that good at it and they often switch sides at the last minute

2. japanese cars are like what would happen if those science guys from The Big Ban Theory (lol just thinking bout them) designed cars. they really tryhard to get it right but they have two big problems. 1 its really hard for them to get
>>
>>14742404
nice b8 m8
>>
>>14739253
the shitheaps americans design and built are barely cars.
>>
File: thansobama.jpg (109 KB, 560x355) Image search: [Google]
thansobama.jpg
109 KB, 560x355
>>14742542

the styling right. this may have to do with their eyes which are very strange but im not really sure. for instance in the mid-90's they basically made nothing but minivans where the front looked like the back and sportcars that were just like what would happen if u had a computer put japanese logos on pontiac fieros or other innovation american designs.

fortuantelly as a result of their six sigma lean production system which we gave them the japanese managed to shore up their car industry and build cars that are very reliable. the problem is the way the japanese do this is by making everything underpowered. they used to limit horsepower just to make sure the cars didnt break folks! so anyway the cars are very reliable but tend to buzz a lot - see jackie chan in cannonball run

3. american cars are the best build, built by americans. they are the best designed, designed by americans. they are pretty much the fastest (corvette) and we also build trucks #1 and other countries are literally afraid to even try to enter the market and name their trucks after stuff we walk all over (tundra lol) and our own rockets. also we make teslas which are like ferraris that run on hybrid fuel

CONS

1. european cars just dont work. they just dont. u generally have to remove the entire suspension to change a headlight and then u find out the headlight isnt even broken. thanks bosch. ever heard of lucas electronics? jesus christ

2. japanese cars just arent fun. they just arnt. its like whats the point of having 200k on the odo when ur trapped in a plastic coffin that wont go fast or turn hard and girls think ur less of a man?

3. american cars are occassionally victimized by unions. these are groups of workers who heard obama would give them free cell phones so they demand all sorts of ridiculous things like getting paid $100/hour. this can make the price, which is the best, artificially higher. a ford f150 is like 25k now - 15 years ago it was 15k - thanks obama
>>
>>14742525
>imblyign that doesn't mean the US
Panama doesn't have any major auto makers as far as I know.
>>
>>14742542
>>14742584
Roger is the hero that this board needs.
>>
>>14742595
> hurr durr
>>
Europe>America>Japan
>>
Europe has everything. From cheap to super-expensive. Europe is car-king.
Asia makes pretty good cars (which are pretty ugly most of the time).
Nobody needs burger-cars. They are worse than all their competitors in every way.
>>
File: 1456939387646.jpg (149 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
1456939387646.jpg
149 KB, 1600x800
>>14742754
>They are worse than all their competitors in every way.

0/8 m8
>>
>>14742793
muh laptimes per dollar
>>
>>14741100
The problem with that German over-engineering is that they make everything needlessly complicated, then the Japs walk in and come with a simple solution to a complex problem.
>>
>>14742796
>they are worse than their competitors in every way
>h-ha it d-doesn't count if an American car completely spanks virtually every other sports car in production, desu

Nice
>>
>>14741093
/thread

I mix of all three regions yet Japan completely fucking dominates.
>>
>>14742810
My mom owns an Audi A4. One day we went to best buy to look at laptops for me to start college a few years back, and as we left and she tried to start the car, the battery blew up. We waited 5 hours for a tow (they were backed up endlessly on that particular day for some reason), and when AAA finally arrived he couldn't even change the battery because "you need a special tool to remove this special bolt, which only Audi has". So we had to wait even longer for my step dad to show up, and it took a day or two at the dealer and god knows how much money for some "premium Audi battery service" bullshit later to get that car working again.

Never had to deal with this kind of bullshit with any American or Japanese car.
>>
>>14741093
typical "I learned about cars on /o/" opinion.
>>
>>14742827
Why do you feel the need to lie on a cambodian rafting forum?
>>
>>14742842
I'm not lying, this is 100% truth

Granted, it probably wouldn't have happened with a Volvo or Saab, so it's not fair to lump in all European automakers with German stuff in that regard.
>>
American cars have 95% the performance of euro cars at 25% the price so stop being delusional
>>
>>14742827
In my family we have owned 4 audis now.
2011 s4
2013 s6
2015 s3
2015 q3 (for mother)
They have been nothing but a pleasure to own and modify honestly. Get good maybe? Don't buy baby's first cheapshit base model car?
>>
>>14742939
>Buying the cheapest audio every year

Top kek poorfag
>>
>>14739253
American>Japanese

Europe's not an option. Unless you're a white woman, that is.
>>
>"which is best"
>posts a Hennessey
lol
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.