[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they stop making the EVO and Eclipse? What's going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Why did they stop making the EVO and Eclipse?

What's going on with Mitsubishi making the decision to discontinue these?
>>
File: mfw.gif (3 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
3 MB, 331x197
Eclipse was an underpowered FWD convertible bitch car made for hairdressers. Why keep making it when the Miata exists.

EVO was an overpriced riced out Lancer that still lost races to Mustangs and cars $10-15,000 below its price tag. Mitsubishi couldn't continue to justify its existence for the sole purpose of making fanboys on /o/ happy.

Plus Mitsubishi is re-tooling their efforts to become more cuck-friendly with gutless 4cylinder mallcrawlers and faux-sport 4 door economy sedans.
>>
>>14739099
Mitsubishi makes more money selling air conditioners than cars.

I am sad that the evo is dead though.
>>
>>14739124
Source on an evo losing to a mustang, only way I could see that happening is to the Shelby one
>>
>>14739159

Literally 5 seconds on google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKPcEdlxmvo
>>
>>14739099
Mitsubishi has been a joke for years. Cars fit only for rental fleets.
>>
>>14739186
>drag racing

try not being a cuck next time
>>
Insider tip, production of the base Lancer will cease following the 2017 model year.
>>
>>14739186
To what extent was each car modified?
>>
>>14739235
>>14739213

>Excuse train prepped and ready fanboys?
>Alright, let's roll!
>>
>>14739258
Hey though that guy is right. Who the fuck thinks a straight line is at all a viable comparison
>>
>>14739099
3G onwards was a sporty econobox.

The Evo was pricey. A bare plastic interior and stock performance similar to the cheaper (and better known) WRX STi, in addition to being more uncomfortable. The Evo X was more refined than its predecessors but still a beast of the same vein; an uncompromising track monster with huge potential and aftermarket support.

Buyers with money don't want something that'll beat them to death on a bumpy road and poorfags are poor. Mitsubishi was selling a product that appealed to a very small market with the Evo and it's not surprising that sales were poor.
>>
>>14739293

The entire developed world, that's why they use the 0-60 measurement so often. It's not "who can do 0-60 the fastest through a loop-dee-loop hotwheels cart track", it's a straight line.

Unless we're talking about professional drivers that have an objectively even skill level, track times are wholly irrelevant. So much more skill required when we're looking at a car's performance on a track. A straight line basically requires, at MOST, an ability to shift and hold the steering wheel straight.
>>
>>14739258
It's a valid question. A stock Evo would be eaten alive by a Mustang with 600 rw hp, just like a stock Mustang would be raped by a 600 awhp Evo.
>>
>>14739315

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkj6HS0YiY
>>
>>14739315

A stock EVO X does 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. A stock 2013 Mustang GT does 0-60 in 4.5-4.7 seconds.
>>
>>14739293

Majority of "racing" that I can do on an average work day/weekend is straight line racing at stop lights. Am I supposed to pull over and tell someone to follow me to the twisty roads so I can prove they bought the wrong car like an autist?

I'd imagine a lot of BRZ and Miata owners think this way actually.
>>
>>14739258
>please take my cuck form of racing serious guys!

>>14739313
>The entire developed world
but only america thinks rag racing is a valid comparison
>>
>>14739353
And that's where we hit the brick wall. Stock, the Mustang wins. Modified, it depends on the extent to which the vehicle is tuned.

As I said before the Evo is pricey. It's got great potential but that's well out of our grasp for now. It'd outhandle the Mustang but so would a Miata. Likewise the Mustang would demolish the Miata in a straight line.

tl;dr
>bench racing doesn't account for potential
>YouTube vids of drag races with cars with unspecified mods only gives us individual examples, looking up Evo beating Mustang would yield similar results in the ricebox's favour
>each excels at different things
>>
File: hng6.jpg (44 KB, 545x365) Image search: [Google]
hng6.jpg
44 KB, 545x365
>>14739428
>>14739418

>that metric doesn't count!
>all racing is different!
>there are no winners or losers everything is a gradient!

Holy fuck who let the Bernie cucks in here.
>>
>>14739553
drag racing is actually irrelevant though

why do facts make you so anallyhurt, /pol/cuck?
>>
>>14739313
>"Straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers"
>>
>>14739553
>Mustang can't turn
>C...corners don't count muh modified Mustang once beat a stock Evo at the lights

You going to tell us that nobody is opposed by sharp corners harder than Cuckstang drivers next?
>>
>>14739645

How about you read my other post faggot >>14739313

It's an objective measure of certain data, stop getting so fuckin buttflustered you ricey shitlord.
>>
>>14739781
>niggers do one thing right so that makes up for all their other shortcomings

At least your girlfriend's son likes how it looks right?
>>
>>14739795

>le cuck meme

oh boy :^)
>>
>>14739258
Kekk
>>
File: 1251013697032.png (229 KB, 319x294) Image search: [Google]
1251013697032.png
229 KB, 319x294
>>14739553
>s-someone called out my bullshit, what's my boogieman of the week.. oh alright sanders it is
I'm not even amerifat lol
>>
Evo is due for an entire overhaul. Evo10 is a decade behind the other cars. Subaru faces the same thing with the WRX a few years ago, instead of killing it they dumped the R&D money into making a platform that can compete .
>>
>>14739832
May he (>>14739553) who is without cars cast the first cuck. This thread is doomed to regress to benchracing and cuckposting.

The GT-R is faster than a Corolla. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>14739353
actually most stock 11 through 14 5.0's its more like 4.2 secs.
>>
>>14739915
forgot linkhttp://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2013/
>>
>>14739882
Evo is kill
>>
>>14739997
Thats i'm saying, the Evo10 was so far behind what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>14739882
"can compete"

Yeah, and can also blow it's motor within the first 10k miles.
>>
>>14739099
The Lancer Evo was discontinued so Mitsubishi could focus their resources on SUVs crossovers and trucks. They did say they might develop an electric Evo though. The Eclipse was dropped for similar reasons but mostly because, along with the Endeavor and the Galant, was too big to be exported to expanding markets like China (from their factory in Illinois). Also Mitsubishi wants all of their cars to adopt electric powertrains. It should go without saying that at the end of their runs neither the Eclipse nor the Lancer were selling so hot.
>>
See Honda.
>>
>>14740368
I live in the town where that plant was, shut down now. Housing about to get cheaper lol
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.