[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't I get one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Why shouldn't I get one of these?
>>
Kill yourself
>>
The gas mileage, everyone will think you're a cop, you will be associated with CVPI on here. On the plus side, they have fucking insane trunk space, will generally live long, and are pretty comfy.
>>
>>14736808
>inb4 autism
>>
>>14736823
>everyone will think you're a cop
Not really a downside. I'd love to be one of those lucky fuckers driving a Victoria because everyone moves the fuck out of the way for them.
>>
>>14736808
Shit milage, lousy performance, landbarge handling, will probably be beaten to shit etc.
>>
>>14736808
Do you really want people to associate you with that CVPI faggot in here?
It's probably beat to shit, and doesn't seem to have much going for it besides that fact it might live pretty long
>>
>>14736857
More like "everyone slows down to exactly the speed limit and blocks you inadvertently as a result"
>>
>>14736880
People do that regardless
>>
>>14736880
>everyone slows down to exactly the speed limit
whats wrong with that?
>>
What if I can get one with <100k? It would last forever probably right?

Suggest similar cars if you think they're better.
>>
File: Mr Regular.jpg (888 KB, 960x2648) Image search: [Google]
Mr Regular.jpg
888 KB, 960x2648
>>14736808

Mr Regular drives one

That's reason enough not to buy one.
>>
>>14736864
>lousy performance
Not really
>>
>>14736978

>3,781 lbs
>215hp

Not going to set any land speed records here.
>>
File: image.png (184 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184 KB, 1024x1024
>>14736949
Was about to respond with srs reply then I saw your gay trip. GG
>>
>>14736934
There's nothing less than 20 years old that's really similar. If you can find a low mileage LT1 Caprice or Roadmaster for non retarded money it's a better car but most are fucked by now.

Crown Vics are decent, just don't forget your shop towels.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Ill give the same reasons that always come up

Pros
>Lots of room for activities
>V8
>Cheap parts
>Mostly easy to work on
>Comfy

Cons
>Ive never gotten more than 20 mpg to a tank in mine. Average around 17
>Its slow, but it doesnt feel like its painful getting up to speed
>Its not really a car you get to modify
>its size
>With a police car there will always be something broken with it
>pretty basic. You dont realize how much you miss having carpet, but of course you can it.

Dont buy a police car, or at least dont fool yourself its just as good as a normal one. If you do buy one, Anticipate having to do front end work and either the transmission and/or rear diff to be fucked up or getting there. I speak from experience
>>
>>14737007
>Pros
>>V8

V8 is only a pro if your car is fast.
>>
>>14737047
Its a muhfeels kind of thing. It fits with the character of the car, which is an old landyacht. Besides the car would have been pure dogshit if it had one of the v6's of the time period
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 280x180
The police academy is the other way, Rogers.
>>
>>14736992
Yeah, it's not a charger but it's not the slowest thing around.
>>
>>14736992
>215hp
Yeah, my '95 Town Car with the Dual Exhaust option had 210hp, the Panther got the PI heads in '00 or '01 and went from 190hp in the single exhaust model to 220hp and the dual exhaust model up to 239hp. P71s have 250hp though and 3.55s instead of 2.73s. They do 0-60 in 7.5s which is a lot better than other panthers except the Marauder.
>>
>>14737047
plenty of shit slow cars between the 50's and the late 90's had V8's. Its just a general American culture kind of thing. a land cruiser with a big lazy V8
>>
>>14737047

Eh. They'll cruise all day at 220+kph and will cruise at almost idle on the highway doing the speed limit. It's also nice not having to rev the shit out of an engine, torque is nice.

It's not always about the 0-60 times mr. benchracer
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.