[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
decisions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-02-15 08.05.54.jpg (694 KB, 1813x578) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-15 08.05.54.jpg
694 KB, 1813x578
Ok /o/ I need your help. Serious posts appreciated.

I'm moving away in a year to transfer to another college and I want to get my car situation figured out before then. I'm 18 right now. The relevant cars I currently have in my family are:

97 Miata (worth about 5k)
93 Celica GT Convertible (worth about 1k, it's a bit broken.)
98 Boxster (worth about 8k but it's my dad's and he's not selling)

My dad generously offered to give me the Boxster if I sold the miata. He doesn't want 3 sports cars sitting around.

It's just as impractical as the miata but it's faster and has a much more solid suspension and chassis, unmodded that is. I don't think it would be good for college though. I preferably want something RWD, 4 seats, 2 doors, Manual, and costs anywhere from 6 - 8k.

It's hard to think about me selling the Miata as its my first car, and I understand that anything I buy will not handle like my miata did, but I the time for me to grow up is coming and I just don't think I can keep it around.

I'm leaning towards either an FC RX-7, A Toyota Hilux with a 22R, or like an E30 or something.

I live near Atlanta Georgia and the craigslist here is pretty amusing.

Pic related is the miata.

Thank you for reading.
>>
Bump desu
>>
>>14735770
Are you retarded? Take the boxster. The FC won't satisfy you and an E30 is pretty ugly, if you go bimmer get an E34 525i or 535i. Much nicer looking. Seriously though, I'd take the porshaw. People are stupid and will think you have money. Everyone laughs at miatas and I know it hurts because it's your first car... but seriously, everyone laughs at miata drivers
>>
>>14735845
lol someone is mad their porch got whipped at the weekend autocross by every Miata there.

Don't be retarded, sell the gay Celica, get a gay wagon, keep the gay Miata, it's a great first car.
>>
Definitely Keep the miata and if you want keep the celica as a winter car to protect the miata from rust.
>>
File: 1459111749412.jpg (438 KB, 1506x1084) Image search: [Google]
1459111749412.jpg
438 KB, 1506x1084
Get the porsche wtf OP. Your dad is practically giving you 3-4k for free and you're not jumping on it?
>>
>>14735856
>saving money
>on an old porche
man your almost as stupid as your taste in best girls.
>>
>>14735845
Well that's kinda what I was thinking as well. I mod whatever car I get and I wanted to get into rotaries and the FC. While being ok from factory, is still going to need some chassis work to get real stiff, just like the miata does.

The Boxster is already set up to handle at least 300 HP on that chassis with no problem. I did some research on the drivetrain and what people do to them and apparently that transaxle it's got is quite stout. It's the same one they use in the 911 at the time so it should be able to handle at least 400 HP.

Someone did a Subaru EJ25 turbo swap into a 986 Boxster and makes an adapter kit for the bellhousing that retains the stock Porsche clutch and pressure plate. It also comes with and new subframe to mount it. The company is called Precision Chassis I think.

Anyway thanks for the response. I think I might pick up a Hilux for doing work and delivering pizzas and shit and then have the boxster as a toy.
>>
>>14735850
I do autocross in the miata as well as the boxster and I have to say that the Boxster can compete. It wasn't nearly as slow as I thought it was and it beat my nearly stock miata while being beat by the more modified miatas in STS class or something. Either way it's not shit around autocross either so don't fall for that meme.
>>
>>14735875
Never said it was shit.
Just that any Miata with suspension work will whip the shit out of it any day at at Autocross.
>>
>>14735854
The celica is in complete disrepair. The top leaks and water got into it and then got all moldy inside. My dad bought it and it was his project and he let it get ruined so he is leaving it to me to fix, sell, and keep the money. Most I can get for it is like 1.5k I'm guessing.
>>
I doubt you'll need any more space than what the Miata offers you senpai.

Just keep it and deal with whatever might come up
>>
>>14735880
If I were to put as much time into the Boxsters suspension as the autocross miata guys do, I'm sure I could catch them. I don't want to drive a car like that all the time though. They're rough to say the least.
>>
>>14735770
Sell the celica, keep the Miata, and Dave the boxster for when you get out of college and can afford the upkeep. As a daily Miata driver, 95% of the time you won't need the back seats, and if you ever need to haul around three people you can just take someone else's car. By college most people have cars and can drive.

You don't want to deliver pizzas in a Porsche, beat on the Miata instead. It can handle anything your college life will throw at it without giving you massive maintenance bills.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.