[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No "how will a Porsche 944 do as a first car" thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 01-1.jpg (963 KB, 1320x743) Image search: [Google]
01-1.jpg
963 KB, 1320x743
No "how will a Porsche 944 do as a first car" thread? Jesus, what's wrong with you today /o/?

So, on the purely hypothetical possibility that I am totally and undeniably in love with the 944 and will totally buy one as a first car, what should I look out for?
>>
File: 944 levels of comfy.png (193 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
944 levels of comfy.png
193 KB, 650x500
Also, mandatory /comfy/ pic, every 944 or Porsche-related thread demands one of these :3
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-29-00-32-14.png (1020 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-29-00-32-14.png
1020 KB, 1080x1920
Talk me out of it /o/

I just bought my first car and was looking for an already working project car. This thing looks like pure sex. I don't even mind the wheels. If it's as well maintained as he says, would it be a good deal?

Link: http://www.autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=19&frnID=9254561
>>
>>14734963
Do you like hanging out with your friends?

Just kidding, you have no friends. But if you did you wouldn't see them much with a 944 as your first car.

Get something reliable first, then buy one.

Love,
A 944 owner
>>
"a nightmare car"

from a Porsche mechanic in Houston

sorry mate
>>
>>14735092
Not op, but the Canuck. What if I already have a reliable cheap fwd slush box commuter that's good on gas and will go forever with minimum maintenance? Then is it less retarded?
>>14735222
While I have heard nothing but bad things about the 944, this is the first I've heard it called a nightmare. Whats the biggest problem with this thing other than literally everything exploding frequently?
>>
>>14734963
change the cam belts no materr what then keep track of the miles- change again at 55K to be best safe. NEVER over 70K
>>
Should have just made another Porsche general
>>
>>14735256
If you've got something that gets you to work, and you really like 944s I say go for it.

Just remember you want to see maintenance history, particularly regarding the water pump and timing belts.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.