[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
truck wont start in the Rain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: rain.jpg (73 KB, 596x380) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
73 KB, 596x380
Alright /o/ I've got a 92 k1500 that refuses to run when it rains and for a bit after too. I've tried covering it with a tarp before it rains and this doesn't really help unless I go out and periodically start the truck. I've also tried putting a towel over the battery before its going to rain, but that didn't do anything either. So the situation now is that it's rained all day and I have to get to work in the morning.

How can I get it to start?

Why is it not starting when it rains?
>>
What happens when you turn the key, does it crank and not start or not crank at all?
>>
>>14734310
it sounds like its about normally starting, but doesn't fully start so I guess that means its cranking. it will just keep making that sound if i keep the key turned
>>
>>14734333
Some kind of short with the fuel or spark, could be fuel pump, a coil, list goes on. I think your truck is TBI IIRC so it could also be the MAP sensor or temp sensor. Going to be a tough problem to diagnose yourself.
>>
>>14734410
Thanks for your advice I appreciate it. I'm going to try looking into what you've mentioned
>>
>>14734410
Take these things he mentioned and when dry outside spray them with a spray bottle, when you find the issue replace that part
>>
>>14734410
>>14734647
One time it only rained for about an hour or two I was able to get it to start after trying a few times. Would I harm my truck by repeatedly trying to start it or holding the key at that position for more than a few seconds?
>>
>>14734662
Might drain the battery, which is okay if you have some way to jump it. You can overheat the starter if you keep cranking for over 15 seconds so avoid that.
>>
>>14734301
could be old wires that are cracked and being affected by mousture, or cracked cap and rotor.
do a tune up, and check back.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.