[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Auto fags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: photo.png (97 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
97 KB, 263x263
When did it become okay to advocate all season tires like some fag. I go to car meets and people actually get angry at me that I laugh when they bring shitty all seasons to a track day. "bro my all seasons are more expensive than your tires". What does that matter when when they turn into oil slicks a lap and a half in.

I feel the car crowd has some of the most ignorant enthusiasts
>>
File: 868645.jpg (359 KB, 2048x1358) Image search: [Google]
868645.jpg
359 KB, 2048x1358
My two cents;

Tire threads usually go like this;
>person who has always had all seasons and lives somewhere where they only get the most miniscule of snowfalls has no experience with actual winter and says that nobody needs anything else
>person who lives somewhere with tough winters and have always had two dedicated sets of tires (one for summer and one for winter) tells everyone that if you as much as look at snow without snowflake-branded premium tires you'll skid and die
>>
>>14731731

I'd say on an autism scale of 1 to 10 you're at a 7.
>>
>>14731771
> found the fag with all seasons
>tires don't matter bro
>>
>>14731761
I had all seasons on when I slid into a ditch, I know for sure I've made riskier manuevers on decent winter tires,

Dedicated summer and winter tires is the only way to go. There is no such thing as good all season tire
>>
>>14731761
>tire threads
Hah
>>
>>14731793

Nigger where I live we have summer and slightly cold. Why would I need seperate tires. The last time it snowed was 1983.
>>
File: 20151030_142434_resized.jpg (365 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20151030_142434_resized.jpg
365 KB, 1328x747
>>14731809
I understand the choice if they live somewhere where during the winter they'll get very wet snowfalls that turn into light blankets of slush that would be completely terrible for dedicated summers, but perfectly manageble on decent all-seasons

Ofcourse two dedicated sets is the best performance wise, but when all seasons can be cheaper, you won't have to drive around on soft winter tires with no need for them while waiting for a small snowfall...

Still, I do not understand why people who live in really warm places run all-seasons with dedicated summer tires having much better performance for those types of conditions
>>
>>14731761
>tfw Texas master race
>never any salt on the roads and no need for chains/tires

Feels good man
>>
>>14731902
So you run shitty all seasons year round
>>
>>14731977

No I run trains on your mom all year round.
>>
File: 20160321_183853_resized.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20160321_183853_resized.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>14731927
Fun part is that you can drift fucking any RWD shitbox with a manual gearbox for half the year, and the ditches are a lot softer

The not so fun part... lets not talk about it
>>
>>14731731
If you can't afford track tires then you can't afford to go to the track. Seems simple enough.

>tfw can't afford track tires
>>
>>14732309
Tell that to the people at my track meets, Jesus. The funniest thing is they can only do a lap or two before it starts to corner like dog shit and they fly off into the staging area being like wew lad that was fun and I'm like two laps eh.. Not even hot laps
>>
>>14731918
>I do not understand why people who live in really warm places run all-seasons with dedicated summer tires having much better performance for those types of conditions

They think summers rule only when then sun is out and that all seasons are better in the rain.
>>
File: e20.png (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75 KB, 600x600
>>14731988
but you would need a helping hand to run a train
>>
>>14731731
You've never driven on a track you faggot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.