[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diesel guy here. 2003 5.9 Cummins. A week ago a cunt broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160317_220848_675.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_220848_675.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Diesel guy here. 2003 5.9 Cummins.

A week ago a cunt broke into my truck, and I believe fucked with my fuel via water/gaterade/side whatever before the police nabbed his ass.

I've gone through and drained the tank and swapped the fuel filter twice now. The injectors sound shot.

For insurance how would you guys go about this?? Thanks.
>>
>>14730171
>fuel via water/gaterade/side
what?

>drained the tank and swapped the fuel filter
air bleed screw?

>insurance
doesnt cover your stupidity
>>
Is it definitely the full mechanical 6bt engine or is it the early ISB with the vp44 pump and 24 valve head? And how long did it run/how much water do you think it had in if?
>>
>>14730171
What did you do to make that guy want to fuck with your shit?
>>
>>14730171
a good glug of water can damage the injection pump itself. I would include this in any insurance claim.
Repair wise, I would drain pump (unfamiliar with your particular engine, on mine I would have to remove the out bolt and siphon), then run some lubro molly diesel purge undiluted, then see where your at.
>>
If you had any insurance coverage you are fucking with it right now.

You need to inform them that you believe the truck was tampered with and tell them to sort it out.

The probably filled it with gasoline.
>>
>>14730809

*as in the put liquid other than diesel into the fuel tank.

*it runs fun now other than injector clatter, I removed the 20ish gallons of contaminated diesel in it and swapped the fuel filter twice while running the crap out of it using the lift pump

*insurance covers vandalism if you don't have pleb insurance

>>14731048

*It's the 5.9 6bt. 3rd gen electronic nonsense. Still no emmisions though.

>>14731251

*2 black kids/guys doing what they do best. Fucking peoples stuff for no reason

>>14731366

*they came out this morning. Got a claim rolling. Hopefully they can help out. Its a few grand just for injectors.
>>
>>14731307

Ran bg244 through it. Seemed to clean it up a bit. Damage is done though. Injectors make a bunch of clatter/chatter noise when under any load. No smoke yet but I don't want to score a cylinder so it'll be sitting until I can get parts.

Have you had luck sending an injection pump out (vp44) , for rebuild?
>>
>>14731969

Cp3*** pump
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.