[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I buy pic related? 1,299 cc dual camshaft four cylinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: porter-piaggio.jpg (34 KB, 577x433) Image search: [Google]
porter-piaggio.jpg
34 KB, 577x433
should I buy pic related?

1,299 cc dual camshaft four cylinder engine with a 16 valve
steering radius of just 4 metres
1,200 Kg of payload

from 12,688 Euro ($14000) for a new one

pros and cons?
>>
You can get a Dacia for the same amount of money or a segond hand Suzuki or Honda version for even less.
>>
Is that a rebadged daihatsu hijet?
>>
>>14729430
yes, its rwd with a solid rear axle so its pretty much a muscle car.
>>
>>14729430
You'll be sitting ON the engine, pretty much. No cargo capacity, tiny wheels, no ground clearance, high centre of gravity, and cooling issues.

My friend's father used to use one of those as a van, but it died on it's arse one summer when the radiator started dying. Then exploded all over him when being taken somewhere. He replaced it with a bigger proper van; the thing's only redeeming feature was that it was so fucking tiny he could fit it between vehicle-blocking barriers, but security has been stepped up since them.
>>
>>14729668
>security has been stepped up since them.
kek
>>
>>14729430
>steering radius of just 4 metres

what the actual fuck.

its front wheels can turn 90°?
>>
>>14729751
4 metre radius would be 8 metres curb to curb, so about the same as a smart fortwo
>>
>>14729526
>a second hand Suzuki
Get this OP.
>>
laaaaaaaame.

If you're stuck in europe and have 14k to spend, buy this fucker right here.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=204284700
>>
File: hammond.webm (3 MB, 634x360) Image search: [Google]
hammond.webm
3 MB, 634x360
>>14729430
>>
>>14729802
hans, please.

the shitpile you suggested will probably cost 14k in gas alone in a year if you live in yurop.

I'd suggest an used van with low mileage and a couple of thousands as reserve for fixing stuff but if he's looking for a new van, he's probably looking for a good warranty, too which is probably always better with new cars than used ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 500x373
>>14729829
Get this one then.
1965 Ford F series with 2.5DI banana engine from a Transit

http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C676788
>>
>>14729806
dem bicycle tires
>>
>>14729668

>cooling issues

I see you have one unmaintained example leading your opinions on all others. We have them as primary transport for companies that run light utility, air con companies and small grocery stores and contractors cars and so on.

Cooling issues are not on the list of things that are generally wrong with them.

>>14729430

>1,200 Kg of payload

I think you mean 350kg. That is what the rated load capacity is. But that doesn't stop people putting 1500 kg's on them.
>>
>>14729430
What mental issue are you suffering from?

Why the fuck would you spend 14k on a badly built shit recycled 90's constantly tipping van

You can buy a quite new well mantained Sprinter van (sh) if you really want a van
>>
>>14730204
I'm not saying that the OP's idea is a good investment, but that thing is probably half as long as a Sprinter. Guy's probably more after a Kangoo or whatever.
>>
>>14730230
You could buy 2 kangoos for that price and lease one
>>
>>14730008
>Cooling issues are not on the list of things that are generally wrong with them.
Yes it is. They overheat and fucking die because of inadequate cooling and a tiny radiator.
Maybe you're from the ass-end of eastern europe where it never goes above freezing and you have to chip your potatoes out of the permafrost every morning, but here we have proper summers.
And your 'primary transport' is because you can't fucking get anything better. Just buy a stolen Transit van, Vladimir.

>>14730230
Yeah, but you can get TWICE AS MUCH SHIT in a van twice the length.
>>
File: 800px-Suzuki_Carry_007.jpg (148 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
800px-Suzuki_Carry_007.jpg
148 KB, 800x475
do it
>>
>>14730204
You know this thing is smaller than a sheet of 8x4 ply right?
>>
>>14729430
Buy a Fiat Fiorino/Citroen Nemo/Peugeot Bipper.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.