[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dew Trail CYOA #37
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: foreshadowing.jpg (294 KB, 1486x907) Image search: [Google]
foreshadowing.jpg
294 KB, 1486x907
Info: http://pastebin.com/9LsCaFcU (slightly updated last week)

Quick Summary: Volvo or Henry J, the '55 might come later today but 1st we need to get shooting out of the way.

>>14724063
"Just start calling me Jamie and we're good." you tell her, no where near what she was expecting you're sure

Almost immediately she cracks up.

"Pfffthahaha! That's what you seriously want? Whatever, like I said I'm fine with that." she rolls her eyes "Can I shoot that one Jamie? You can use the snub for a while."

Man, this is going to take some getting used to, getting called Jamie that is, the gun to a lesser extent.

Dunno how Martin feels about her using it but you don't mind, besides you want to experience the other gun so you don't mind trading. The targetless shooting burns through what ammo you both had left in no what feels like maybe a couple minutes. Safe to say Erika prefers the Ruger over the S&W, maybe she would've beat you if the guns were swapped, too late for that.

It's a relief to finally get those ear plugs out, do believe it's time to buy your own firearm for some this kind of fun. You assume you're going to have to clean up the bottle genocide down there, hopefully all the shells are fi-

"We'll clean all this shit up later, give Martin his gun." she says laying it on the table "I'll go get a phone book and start calling yards around here to see if I can find those parts."

"Sounds good to me." yeah, fuck cleaning all this up

You help get her records and player into her car, before you can make it into the Volvo she's kicking up dirt on the poor thing and pulling a 180. She might like the Saab and the BMW but you get the feeling the likes that big "H/O 455" even more.

She speeds off down the driveway, leaving you in the dust as you get in your paltry 85hp machine...you need to get back in a V8.

---------------------

At the suggestion of making a placeholder thread I decided to go a long with it. I'll finish when I get up in the morning.
>>
We fucked up olds is best waifu. Should have fucking kissed her.
>>
>>14728669
>I'll finish when I get up in the morning.
faggot
>>
File: 1434899645556.png (153 KB, 710x480) Image search: [Google]
1434899645556.png
153 KB, 710x480
Bumping with /b/ cringe
>>
>>14728669
By time you make it back to the house Erika and Martin are standing on the porch talking, the glances they send your way has you thinking they're talking about you but you can't say for sure. Erika heads in before you get up to them.

"How'd you like it?" you get asked as you step on the porch

"Just like you said, good shootin' gun, didn't have any problems and it was a whole lot easier to work with than that shotgun."

You hand it over to him he checks to make sure it's unloaded, like you were going to leave anything in there.

"Yup, good gun for a beginner so I thought it'd be perfect for you, wish it was an early one with a red eagle logo instead of black, might get lucky enough to track 1 of those down some day. If I do I might cut you a good deal on this one."

"I might be interested, just let me know when you're sellin'." you reply, if you're still in this area that is

"Will do." he says before heading towards "Der Bunker"

Inside the house Erika is by the phone flipping through what else, a phone book. Everything up until now on this day has felt like it flew by, trying to find some damn Volvo parts is barely crawling and not producing many results. You wasn't expecting to be like a Tri-Five where probably every junkyard in the country has a collection but this is ridiculous.

Eventually she strikes gold, about time, after she hangs up you can tell she has an idea.

"Alright...Jamie, I'll give you a choice. All the parts we need comes out to $26, I know the Volvo really isn't your style and you have that shitty minty project at your house and no job." she shrugs "Drag isn't for me but racing is racing and cars are cars, as long as the money goes towards one of them I don't care."
>>
>>14730642
If you take the money you'll have $77, not enough for some much needed grippy tires but it should be enough to get some also much needed suspension work. Anything to make it less of a death trap is good. You're almost certain it's going to require some fabrication since you highly doubt that you can buy straight up Henry J suspension for drag racing. Martin has the tools and the skills to do it but he's not exactly a drag racer himself and you don't know if you'll be getting a freebie.

Reminds you that you never asked him for Volvo advice, you're likely going to be bringing it back here to work on so you could ask him now and get parts while you're out...where the hell do you even buy Volvo performance parts?

Someone should've brought the Valiant back home by now, you could go get your 421 running right now if you wanted. It's obnoxious but according to the law it's a legal car to drive around in.

A) Go with getting the Volvo fixed. Talk to Martin before you go.
B) Go with getting the Volvo fixed, no need to get any performance parts.
C) Take the money, go home so you can get the J running.
D) Send her after the Volvo parts while you work on the J. You don't need the extra money.

>>14730403
Can't a nigga sleep? I ain't even been up an hour yet
>>
>>14730687
D
Sell the J, supercharge packard
>>
>>14730687
C
>>
>>14730701
We'd need to tub the Packard to get that kind of power to the ground.
>>
Alright op. If we actually do fix the minty J, what's it gonna take to best Brian? Maybe we can sell the Packard to somebody? I'd rather get best carfu back and spend money on that. Also, please OP, dont et it be scrapped. Maybe slightly trashed, but clearly all still there.
Like Brian hasn't had time, or is too much of a tool to go about getting shit off it and putting on his cuntmobile.
>>
>>14731226
Engine being gone wouldn't be the end of the world considering we have two good donors. Either engine would be great in the 55.
>>
A
>>
Turbo charging the Volvo when?
>>
>>14731429
Supercharger is more likely but not by Friday when the story ends and even then it'll be slow as shit compared to our other cars.
>>
A, B or D for me.
It's been a fun little car, should keep it and make it Street legal with repairs.
>>
>>14731565
Could an engine that small actually handle a supercharger? It's not like turbos weren't a thing in the 60s either
>>
>>14730925
Nah we can cut it up instead, much uglier, but it's free. The J is gonna need it to fit anything much wider than the tires that are on it.

>>14731226
But if I said exactly what we needed that would ruin some of the fun.

>>14731565
If we sold a car it wouldn't be a problem, the entire kit was only $150 in the late 50's.

It's not a drag car so speed isn't all that important either.

>>14731767
Bolt on turbos kits are already a thing by '69, bolt on supercharger kits have been a thing since the '50s at least.

If you want to count custom there are twin turbo gassers and all kinds of shit that's been floating around for a few years now.
>>
>>14730687
A or D.

Let's have fun with Erika & Renee before Erika leaves. If we get the 55' back, let's trash the J & the packard, we won't need them anymore. We'll have the lolvo to have fun on the dirt and the 55' to drag/daily.
>>
>>14731790
Twin tarbo the Volvo and reck Brian with it for increased keks
>>
When this ends can we get a prequel in early 60s California? Maybe have a few tie ins here and there, like seeing a Super Stock team that Rob was in.
>>
>>14732914
I was thinking of doing a spiritual sequel in late 70s or early-mid 80s Las Vegas.
>typing name in
>phone suggests "Niggerfaggot"
How does it know?
>>
>>14733149
Afaik there wasn't much hot rodding in the 70s and 80s because of all the smog laws and such? I only know hot rodding from my grandfather who was born and raised in California, so IDK.
>>
>>14733149
Malaise era CYOA? Plz make it happen senpai.
>>
>>14733187
Laws were a lot more lenient in Nevada at the time. Even in California it was pretty easy to fake smog a car since there was no internet to send the results to the DMV.
>>
>dat 1969 period correct SCCA spec

https://youtu.be/c5_dNG2vWXg?t=56

I wasn't expecting this story to get me into old Volvos but ayy.

>>14732914
Dunno when I'll be doing anything else, there's going to be a decent gap between this story ending and the next one starting.

Still don't even know where we're going to end up at the end of this one so I'm not posting any ideas yet.

>>14733149
I'd read it.

>>14733187
There wasn't many badass factory cars but hotrodding didn't die out.

Used muscle could be had for cheap, the radials took over, the aftermarket got larger, nitrous took off, everybody was sticking a SBC in everything.
>>
>>14733279
I warn you if I do this it'll probably be more like Loop Monster in terms of schedule, I can't compete with Opie.
>>
>>14730687
"I want the Volvo fixed for now so I'd rather get those parts."

"Oh shit." she replies covering her mouth mimicking a look of disbelief "H-have we turned you onto the world of proper performance driving?"

"Naw, I still like my straight lines, that car is just economical." and can out handle everything else you own

"Uh huh, don't lie, bet you'll start focusing on it instead of that mint thing."

"Don't think I'm gonna be doin' much since I don't know shit about setting a car up for all that. Need to talk to your brother about it sometime."

About the instant you say that he comes through the front door as if you summoned him. Erika gives you a smile.

"Jamie here is interested in learning how to set up a car for real racing and wants some pointers on the PV!"

"If you don't mind that is." you add on since she told him for you

He shakes his head and takes a seat on the couch with you and Erika.

"I don't race any myself obviously but I've hung around a few events to get advice on setups, talked with 2 or 3 guys that run those. Biggest mod for power seemed to be in the heads, porting, polishing, milling and oversized valves go a long way. Of course there's cams, headers, intakes and all that good stuff you know about to do alongside some little things for reliability's sake."

"And in the handling department?" you ask

Sure it's the 2nd best handling car you've driven after the BMW but there's always room for improvement.

"Every single 1 of them swore by a big front sway bar, completely changed the car hear them tell it. Rear sway bar would help out, along with some new shocks and some custom made springs by a good shop. The drums should be fine until you get up to speed then you have some custom work you need..." he trails off to scratch his head "Eh, I should just tell you where to find Leo for all this so you can tell him what you want to save some time."

Probably, whoever that is.

"Leo?"
>>
>>14733956
"Racer and mechanic, been messing with Volkswagens since the late 50's and branched out to Volvos, BMWs, Porsches, and most recently Datsuns. Only guy I know who specializes in non-American, all the suspension work done to our cars was him or me and all of it's thanks to his knowledge. He keeps a stockpile of performance goodies in the back he orders from Europe."

Yeah, don't see Rob being too knowledgeable or equipped in this field. Leo sounds like he's going to be more expensive to buy from.

"I know where his shop is if you don't mind being on the road for most of the day." Erika tells you "We can pick up the parts on the way but it's going to be a around a 5 hour trip if we go see Leo versus around 3 hours for just the parts and coming back here."

It's only noon so you'll be making it back before it's dark, might not have the time to get it and the Henry J fixed tonight. Damn if that isn't a helluva drive just to get some parts and advice though.

A) Go by Leo's while you're out.
B) Get the parts to fix it, you can make that journey another day.
>>
>>14733977
A
Roadtrip with best waifu

Road head?
:^)
>>
>>14733987
seconding this
>>
>>14733977
B) the volvo is just a beater, nothing more.
>>
>>14733977
A
>>
B, If we want to make the Volvo sick, were gonna have to sell something. And I imagine a running minty J is worth more then a not running one.
>>
>>14734122
>>14734831
This plus we may need the 421 if the 55's been stripped.
>>
>>14733977
B) Can't have two projects at the same time.
>>
>>14733977
B), not enough cash.
>>
>>14733977
A) if we have enough time to get the 55' back tonight,
B) if not
>>
A
>>
>>14735331

This to be honest, family.
>>
A
>>
A for roadtripping with Olds. What car are we taking?
>>
>>14733977
B, we need to fix the shitheaps.
>>
A) fuck the J
>>
This is a long post so the rest will be in a while.

>>14733977
"I'm down with that, curious to what I can do to the Volvo and I'm not doing anything today."

Erika hops up at the your response, you think she's just really glad you took enough of a liking of her gift to take it beyond being a beater.

"'Just economical'." she quotes in a mocking voice "Can we borrow your tools, brother?"

You already know the answer and so does she, she's just being nice.

"Go ahead, but if any come back damaged or not at all you're replacing them."

"Don't look at me, he's the one using them, he can pay for all of it if something happens." she replies pointing to you "Go get some tools while I look for batteries."

"Hold up, where are my records at?" Martin asks "You didn't leave them outside did you?"

"Uhh, t-there in my car, in the shade." she nervously replies

He sighs, you'd probably be a bit more mad yourself.

"How about you go bring those in while I find some tools to give him."

"N-no problem, thanks again for letting me listen to them..." she says before going outside

You and Martin ride down to his garage, he gives you a "everything you should need" toolbox like you have. Back at the house Erika is standing by with a portable radio, when Martin gets out of the car she gets in.

"Where did he get all those records anyway? Wasn't many I recognize."

"Dunno, it's mostly some lesser known rock bands. Not into music all that much but some of them have an unrefined, fast, and hard sound that I love. Y'know, the kinda sound that makes you wanna burn through a new set of tires in an evening."

Man, her taste is almost the opposite of Renee. Should let her borrow that MC5 album, she'd probably like it.

She turns the radio on as you put the car into 1st, gonna be a long drive.
>>
Op come home.
>>
Ok, decided to have the chance for some fun instead of having us drive straight to the shop.

>>14737387
After a good while on the road you see the sign of your destination.

This yard isn't quite on Carpenter's level, it's just that, a yard with maybe 10-15 cars in it off the side of the highway. Honestly looks like someone decided to start keeping junked cars in the front of their house and put up a sign advertising it as junkyard. All that really matters is that you can see what you're coming for as you pull in, you guess it would've been too much to get one that's the same color. At least it's a nice red instead of some ugly color.

There's a little old lady in a rocking chair on the covered porch, this can't be the owner can it?

"Good afternoon youngn's, looks like y'all the ones interested in that Volvo?" she calls out when you get out of the car

Ok, guess she is.

"That'd be us." you reply

"Welp, you know where it's at, make sure you bring all the parts by to pay, hate to get my son on you."

As you look at this rear ended Volvo you wish you had some kind of manual for it, you've got all day to figure it out and it shouldn't be too complicated to get a grill, fender, headlights, and signals. Pretty obvious everything you're going to need done is under the hood though, getting the grill comes shortly afterwards since it was a easy few bolts.

"Just so you know, Leo's closes at 5:30."

Hey, no pressure, if you fail to make it on time there's always tomorrow.

That's not going to stop you from working as fast as you can with the unfamiliar car, after a couple hours you'd say, (Erika complained the entire time but of course refused to touch any tools to speed things up) you're finally leaving the junkyard and on your way to Leo's.

From how Erika's talking you'll get there about 5 which is good enough for you.
>>
>>14738810
You're puttering along doing the speed limit when a car decides to start riding your ass. The American flag vanity plate gives you a reason to assume why. The driver pushes in the clutch to rev, sounds like a straight piped 6. Not quite sure what it is but it's obviously from the 50's and American, it's not a very big car either. It's flat grey with a black top in the same finish.

It follows you onto the on-ramp of the interstate you need to get on. There's some traffic, not enough to be a real problem unless you go a lot faster than you think this car can go.

"You got like 15 miles of interstate to play on if you want to have some fun, just don't fucking wreck us or get pulled or we'll never make it on time." Erika tells you "You ever play checkers on the road before, it's a rush, especially when you're doing it with another car."

You haven't. always a 1st time for everything, right?

A) Fuck it, have some fun trying to get away from whatever that is.
B) Stick to the limit, no need to put any extra risks on the trip.
>>
>>14738848
A
>>
A
>>
A
>>
>>14738867
>>14738937
>>14739109
>Dew Trails guide to risk assessment.
Dew it faggot
A)
>>
>>14738848
A
Though if it's what I think it is, we'll get smoked in no time.
>>
>>14739748
Hudson Hornet?
>>
>>14738848
You hold your speed but drop to 2nd, putting those rev-matching skills to use through the long sweeping corner. Your assrider drops back a bit, don't know if that's from fear of corners or what. Gunning it as soon as you feel comfortable has you "racing" to merge, hitting the interstate at a whopping 70 mph!

Other than a shift to 3rd you had you foot in the gas for over 10 seconds to get to the speed limit from 35. This car lives on backroads and up to maybe 60, need to try to keep it here you think. Amboy Dukes' "Journey to the Center of the Mind" provides the soundtrack for the race.

Your opponent got into the gas after you but managed to slowly close the gap to get back on your bumper. He mirrors you actions as you pass a few stray pieces of traffic. A shift to 4th at 80 and its still..nevermind. Once 85 rolled around the acceleration started to die off, 120 mile an hour your ass!

He realizes you're out of steam and moves over for the pass, if there was more traffic to actually turn this into a game of checkers like Erika said things may have gone differently. Despite having more than enough time to try to block there isn't much point to it given all the straight road, keeping your foot on the gas you try to reach 100mph as a milestone.

"1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi..." Erika starts counting, looking at the speedo

It took 12 Mississippi second to get from 90 to 95, the engine is screaming, you've already lost, and you don't even think you're accelerating any more. Time to lift off and admit defeat, whatever you were racing against slows down once in front of you. It's been stripped of any trim and badging that would tell you what it is. Still, it's not much faster than this you don't think and it's obviously been modified. Only 50's American car you can think of with decent 6s is Hudson, that ain't no Hornet though.

The roof tap seals the deal on the race, 0 for 2 today, just makes you want to get this car up to speed even more.
>>
I'm getting to it, even if it does take 2 more hours.

>>14740540
Even while running 75 it's kinda buzzy, wonder what kind of rear end is in it? To make you feel better the car you just lost to has to be annoying the hell out of the driver. Has to be turning more rpms than you are and the straight pipe isn't doing him any favors.

"If you wait till we're closer to the city you could probably make a move in the traffic. I think it'd be for the best to keep it wound down some, shame this doesn't have a freewheel like the Saab."

Probably a good idea.

"The hell is a freewheel?"

"Pfft, and I thought you were the mechanic. Shouldn't you know this?"

"I've worked on nothing with a 'freewheel'."

"Fine, allow me to educate your stupid ass. Lets the engine go to idle speed so you can coast along, the Saab is a 2 stroke so it'll starve itself of oil if you don't use it. The new V4 models still have it for fuel economy even though they don't need it."

"No shit? Interesting." guess those magazines she reads teaches her something about the mechanical side of things

When she tells you to take the next exit after a while you're relieved to get off the interstate, the car doesn't like it and neither do you. The mystery car keeps yelling down the road as you take your exit.

"Bout 5 minutes now."

Finally.

After the usual outskirts of town shops, restaurants and service stations you get sandwiched between a park/lake and nice houses. Would be sweet to live here but you doubt you could manage that even with the 'shine money.

"We always stop here on the way back for a while, nice spot to relax."

Amazing how it went from that to trees, to like the main street in a matter of seconds. Definitely busier than home.

"Here it is, turn left and park a little ways down on the side of the road."

Only a single garage door but it's a decently sized place, needs a parking lot. Around the corner are a few cars, the standouts being another Volvo and a black convertible Bug.
>>
>>14741041
The dark green Volvo is a newer model, 122S you think they're called. You've seen a few but never really "noticed" them, it's lowered on fucking American Racing wheels like the ones the '55. American Racing wheels on a Volvo?! It looks good, it's not a crazy drop and the wheels actually work on it. The Bug has a similar lowered treatment but with some chromed wheels Porsche looking wheels. Something about the overall polish of it makes it pop, someone put time into making it look it's best.

What's happening to you Jamie? How'd you go from admiring a Boss 429 to eyeballing VWs and Volvos?

"The Black Bug is his, not his racecar obviously, still has a turbocharged 1600. Not the fastest but it's cool."

Things are looking up already, you an Erika hop out and head to the front door.

One the window next to it is a list "VW", "Porsche". "BMW", "Volvo", the door itself has "Leo's Werkstatt" on it with the phone number and hours under it. At the top of the building is a large "Auto Service" sign.

"Before we go in, I have to warn you, he's kinda weird."

A bell jingles when you open the door, a few seconds later you're greeted by a glasses wearing hippie with long hair and a bandanna, early-mid 30s maybe. If it wasn't for the greasy jumpsuit with his name embroidered on you never would've guessed this is the guy.

"Erika! And not with Martin? Nothin' happened did it?"

"Nah, he's fine, my friend picked up an old PV so I wanted to introduce him to the 'Guru of Foreign Autos' around these parts."

"Cool, cool, always good to hear." he replies with a huge smile

His appearance and personality most certainly don't match the professional look of his shop.

He walks over to shake your hand.

"How's it goin' brotha? I'm Leo. How old we talkin'?"

"Jamie, and uhh it's a '58 or '59." should've paid more attention "85hp and dual carbs."

"Aww shit man, if only it was a few years newer so you could have a B18 instead of the 16."

"Is that gonna be a problem?"
>>
Fucking finally.

>>14741614
"Naw, not really, makes it harder to get goin' is all. Not as strong of an engine either, unless you got deep pockets you ain't makin' enough power to break it. And shit, if you got that I can put together a wicked B20 that makes double what you got."

You wish.

"On a 'tight' budget of $50, what do you recommend? Car is completely stock."

"Bone stock and 50 smackers? $5 tach and a $40 cam if you're worried about speed. 'Bout all the power to be found in those engines are in the heads and the work ain't cheap, 'til you got more money it's the only thing that'll make a difference."

Nice to know so you don't go wasting money...bad for business on his part.

"For handlin' you can't beat a beefy front sway bar on 'em, $30 and I'll hook you up. Not much but for $50 it's what I can do."

Hmm, it's a little more expensive than the '55 was, not too bad.

"Any manuals?" you ask

"Aha! Good idea there my man, $5 and you get 1 for the car and 1 for the engine. Got some free advice to tack on to whatever you buy too."

You actually have $51, not that en extra dollar is helping.

A) (Pick what you want.)
B) You'll just take the free advice.
>>
File: hudson-jet-1954-3.jpg (62 KB, 750x624) Image search: [Google]
hudson-jet-1954-3.jpg
62 KB, 750x624
>>14739748
>>14740199
And it was a modded up Hudson Jet with a 202 Twin-H if anyone wants to know.
>>
>>14741654
B
>>
A) Buy the manuals

We need some money left for...pretty much anything and everything.
>>
>>14741654
A) Manuals; special tools if needed.

And ask him how he keeps his cars looking so nice. If we want the J to be taken seriously it has to be full on SHINY AND CHROME
>>
Hey /ccg/, what's a good 'my first hot rod' car? I've recently taken the red pill on these things, and the most complicated things I've worked on are a Miata and a 280z. What can I get for dirt cheap that won't be too complicated?
>>
>>14742436
We don't want the J taken seriously
>>
File: ebay454347.jpg (128 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
ebay454347.jpg
128 KB, 1066x800
>>14742436
The J would need a whole new paintjob to become shiny.

>>14743541
It's a junkyard gasser with a open header Pontiac V8.

Once we cut it up to put some decent rubber on it it's going to be hard to not take seriously methinks. Even the color isn't going to stop it from being at least somewhat intimidating.
>>
>>14743331
60s mustang or pickups from that time as well
>>
Will be a couple hours (probably less) til the next post comes in.

>>14741654
"I think I'll take the manual and some advice. Need to keep some money in my pocket."

"I can dig it brotha no problem, let me run and get your green books."

He goes through a door towards the back of the room.

"I'd give you some money but I only have around $12 myself." Erika says

"But you're ri-"

"I said MY-self, buying the Volvo and everything for it has come from money I earned working. I'm not completely fucking reliant on them..."

"Ok, ok, my bad." still don't know what her job is but she's earned well over $100 since last week?

Leo comes back with a couple of green books, one is a service manual for PV 544 and P210. The other is dedicated entirely to the B16B engine, that's what you call specific. You pay him what you owe for them, bound to save you way more than $5 over time.

"Keep it under 6,000 is 1 piece of advice." he starts "Since you ain't gettin' a tach shift around 30, 50, and 80. You don't make any power up there and unless you want your crank to kill itself it's not a good idea to hang around past it for a long time. One of the reasons the newer engines are better, engineers say they can push almost 8,000 before poppin'!"

Knowing where to shift is always nice, knowing where you're going to blow the shit out of the engine is even better.

"Think I should look for a newer engine then?"

"Ahhh, it'd be better to build off of for power. An extra 200 or 400 cc and a stronger bottom end is nice. Don't dismiss the old ones though, they have their own merit, whole lot more rev-happy. If you're set on a new engine the book'll tell you where to find the model numbers, look for B18s and B20s."

Ok so it's not trash, that's good.

"I have my doubts, can it do the 120 on the speedo?"

Damn, he's got one of those laughs that make you want to join in. All but confirms that the 120 is complete bullshit.
>>
Alright, later than expected but I'll get on it.
>>
>>14744707
"Hell naw! Your top speed is about a hundred and you need an airstrip to do that. Outta their mind givin' the sport models a 120 when the normal 100 is plenty. Even most modified ones ain't gonna make use of 120."

Meanwhile the stock 426 Hemi can propel an old Packard to 150.

"Anything else I could grab in a junkyard?"

"Front discs off a 122S, you don't need 'em, but if you can use 'em. The drums are good unless you're runnin' multiple laps round a track. If you wanna bring down the revs on the interstate you can grab a 4.11 rear from a newer car too, I'd stick with the 4.56s if I were you."

4.56? No wonder it's buzzing at 75.

"Since you ain't a buyin' nothin' right now all I can give you for performance is alignment and tire pressure. The manual calls for 21 psi if I remember correctly, 28 worked out better for handling. If you don't mind the increased tire wear, run a little more negative camber and more toe-in up front than what the book calls for."

Once again he repeats his laugh, no doubt on the fact that camber and toe-in mean basically nothing to you and you have no idea on how to go about doing an alignment.

"If you're as clueless as you look ask Martin when you get the chance, he has the tools and can fill you in." he looks up at the clock "Not to run you cats out, but it's about closin' time and I gotta lady to get home to."

He walks over to the counter, he picks up a business card to give to you.

"If you ever need anything during business hours I'm here for you brotha. Don't go wastin' your money at another garage or buyin' parts without my consultation!"

"Don't worry man, I won't, see you around." not that you have the money to it

"Later Leo, I'll drop by Friday morning so you can look over the BMW right quick. Running my 1st SCCA event on Saturday." Erika says half way out the door

"No shit, lil' Erika finally goin' racin'? You'll knock 'em dead kid, see you then." he replies before heading into the garage
>>
>>14746298
You and Erika head outside, kinda want to sit around and see how that Bug moves but you're already getting back too late to work on the Volvo before Ronnie gets off.

"So where you workin'?" you ask on the way to the car

"It's none of your business to be honest, but you have something I want to know too."

"What could that be?"

"What did the biker fuck mean by 'hand over another troublemaker'? If you tell me a good answer maybe I'll tell you what my job is." she gives you a smug grin, knowing that your secret has to be better than hers
A) You don't want to know that bad, you were just curious. Time to head back to her place.
B) Tell the honest truth, start the drive back to her place.
C) Make some bullshit story up, start the drive back to her place.
D) You have no idea, start the drive back to her place.
E) Fuck it, stick around to see what Leo's Bug can do.
F) Eh, if she doesn't want to tell you that's fine. Does she want to go to that park she always stops at?
>>
>>14746315
BC)
They greased a man for a hit-and-run and we're sure we'll be framed for that.
Lie that we tried to help the guy but the fuckers caught our bluff; forced us to bring him out to them.
>>
>>14746315
C
Lie out your ass.
Best waifu doesn't like liars or criminals iirc
>>
>>14746498
This.
>>
>>14746498
This.
>>
>>14746939
I don't think she likes snitches either though... although she is one.
>>
>>14746315
E
>>
>>14746498
Putting another vote in for this
>>
>>14746498
this
>>
>>14746498
+1
>>
Supercharging was a mistake.
>>
File: DSC05300.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC05300.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
I'm doing shit throughout the day but I'm typing, making slow progress when I get the chance. Just a heads up.

>>14749810
Holy shit, that's probably the closest we'll get to seeing Jamie's car irl. Now if only it was a Bel Air with Torq Thrusts all around, Polyglas GT up front, and old M&H cheaters out back.

I don't know how a 45% power increase was a mistake though.
>>
>>14749857
>Closest we'll get to seeing Jamie's car
Have you ever heard of SLR:R? There's a great '55 Bel Air mod, and it's a Forza convert IIRC.
>>
Things will be back to normal tomorrow. Will post rest later.

:^)

>>14746315
You knew she was going to bring this up eventually, you don't see her liking the truth or being lied to so you'll try to mix the 2 together and hope for the best.

"I-" you start to say

"Hold the fuck up Jamie, look me in the eyes, I want to know if you're bullshitting."

This isn't going to end well is it? She lies a lot more than you do but hopefully that doesn't mean she can catch them. She's got a ways to go before she can Teague-stare, her size doesn't help.

"Some guy hit 1 of the bikers and I tried to help him hide. The bikers saw through my bluff and I had to hand him over. I didn't want to but it was him or-"

She cracks up, eventually laughing in your face.

"So, let me get this straight. They force you to let them kill a guy then you go work for them? Do you expect me to believe that?"

"Who said I wasn't already workin' for them when it happened? I'm not a fan of getting people killed."

"Why the fuck would they want you working for them if they had to force you to hand someone over? You're a goddamn willing accomplice to murder and you're going to get fucked when all the bikers go down if they don't kill you 1st! Do you think they're not going to say anything about it, for fuck's sake they'll probably blame the whole thing on you!"

Gee, just let everyone in town know that why don't you.

"And I'm a CIA agent, I'm going to East Germany to overthrow the Commies this weekend. There, you know my job now, let's go you sack of shit. Even with what you've done for me you've more than earned the title."

You guess you should've let it go and kept your mouth shut this time.

>>14750709
Yeah, I posted a replica a few threads back, not on my pc so I can't repost. Need to redo the shots since I got my settings sorted out again.

The '55 is an ancient low poly mod tho, there's a '57 Forza convert.
>>
Drive a few miles off course.

Stop and tell her to start walking.
>>
>>14752180
She might've bought that car for you but it's in your name. If she's going back to the whole calling you a piece of shit thing maybe you should act like it, you don't have to take her anywhere.

A) If she's going to be an ass she can stay out here.
B) Take her out of town and drop her off, she can have fun getting a ride.
C) No reason to piss her off more, just get her home.
D) Hey, maybe taking her to that park will calm her down.

>>14752207
Good idea.
>>
>>14752352

B
>>
>>14752352
C)
She's kind of a real cunt. Blow her off next time she wants some shit and go hangout with Ronnie. Unlike these ho's he never lets you down.
>>
>>14752352
D.ick her down
>>
>>14752352
[C]unt
>>
We let some guys revenge a dude who did a hit and run on a motorcycle.

She sent several good people to prison so she wouldn't get grounded by her rich family.

BUT WE'RE THE BAD GUY.

Fuck, why did you not just hand her over, /o/?

We could have even helped gang raped her.
>>
C
>>
Post will be in the morning. 2sleepy.
>>
>>14752352
Welp we've fucked up severely with both waifus, last ditch attempt to get with Cheryl when?

D I guess because why not, Jamie's too beta to throw her out of the car. Make sure to mention that we've directly killed at least one guy just to save her bony ass.
>>
> /o/tists finally realizing Erika is bottom line not a nice or good person

Thanks for throwing away Jamie's income and any chance of having a nice car lads. Murdering Poorfag CYOA never fails to disappoint
>>
>"Are you kidding me? At least one person is fucking dead because you didn't want to get grounded. If anyone's a piece of shit, it's definitely not me."
>>
>>14754854
this
>>
>>14754854
10/10
>>
>>14752352
giver her the D)...rection
>>
>>14754854

This,

Then B
>>
>>14754854
This then D
>>
>>14754854
Don't expect good things to happen but I'll do it.
>>
>>14754854
C, but say this shit. Somebody needs to tell her to shut the fuck up once in a while.
>>
>>14752352
"Because the fucking spoiled brat that gets people arrested because she doesn't wanna get grounded is a pillar of the community, right?"

She belts out a painfully sarcastic laugh.

"You got some guy killed, I put criminals behind bars for a few years that were going to end up there anyway. Tell me how, in your fucked up mind, does that give you any ground against me?"

"Well, you got someone killed too y'know. I had to do it to save our ass."

"Am I supposed to feel bad because YOU chose to shoot someone? Holy shit, what's your problem, if it wasn't for me being there to drive you'd be dead by now since you're so goddamn stupid that you'd risk your life for $5!"

She walks over to the passenger side of the Volvo, you assumed she was just going to make the drive home awful. Instead she's grabbing her radio and Martin's tools.

"Know what I'm done with you. I paid for all the moonshine that you stole so you could get paid, I quit at Carpenter's so you could take more jobs, I bought you a car, paid the registration, even bought parts to get it fixed and you want to stand there and guilt trip me? Fuck off!" she yells as she walks towards Leo's

She opens the door, stopping to flip you off before going inside. That makes 2 girls you've pissed off today, might as well go find Sharon and Cheryl to make them mad too.

If she's as mad as she seems things likely aren't getting better with Renee in the future. She's probably going to be calling Martin to come and get her, you imagine she's going to get you on his bad side too.

Guess that leaves you to a lonely 2 hour drive back to town. Sun will be setting by time you get there, not really going to be able to work on either vehicle. Good thing is that Ronnie should be off.

Could she be right about being fucked when the bikers go down? It's all happening tomorrow so you'll find out soon enough. You have the buzzing engine and road noise to accompany your thoughts.
>>
Hope you didn't think that was going to fly with her.

>>14757208
Eventually you make it back to familiar grounds, not much sun left. You're on the outskirts so you could make it anywhere before it gets dark enough to need headlights.

A) Go home, Valiant should be there.
B) Go straight to Ronnie's, you can ride in his truck.
C) Go sit at the storage units by yourself.
D) Haven't anything to eat really, besides maybe Brian and/or Deb are at the drive-in.
E) Wonder how Erika would feel if you told Al where she lives...or if that's enough to let the bikers forgive you for killing 1 of them.

>inb4 people bitch like with the '55
>>
Olds waifu was worst waifu anyway.
B
>>
>>14757221

I knew it wouldn't fly with her.

But, she's the reason the farmer's kids are arrested, the reason we got shot, the reason we had to shoot at and kill one of the bikers, and the reason we might get killed any day.

Fuck that chick, mang.

Also, A or B
>>
Side poll, how much do we like the Volvo? Let's get the 55 back, drop this shit at her house, let he know she's an insufferable cunt and we were wrong about her being best waifu all along.
Might as well give up on Renee as well.
We got shot, and we lost our GF, and it all leads back to that bitch.
>>
>>14757533

It's alright, [will be] Street legal, and isn't on the radar of anyone who wants to shoot us.

We can sell it, I suppose, but I can't support just giving it back.
>>
Are we suppose to sympathize with olds in any way? Was it your intention to make her completely unlikeable until we took the pussy off the silver platter? It took me 37 chapters, but she's a huge irredeemable cunt. Before she seemed complicated and interesting, but under her thorny exterior was just more horrible aids covered thorns. I'm not mad if that's what you intended though OP.
>>
>>14757556
I don't know, that's up to you.

Sharon and Renee both told us the same thing, don't let her walk all over us. Even all the way back at Teague's Tryouts when I made her an option I said that we'd have to "tame" her.

But we never did anything more than let her. She never respected us and was never going to with how we acted around her. Not to mention we said the obvious wrong things to her multiple times.

She obviously has a softer side but the correct decisions weren't made. From her point of view she just forked over a lot of money for us only to have us try to guilt trip her into feeling bad again.

She's got some fucking mental issues but most of the problems we had with her came from our own decisions.

Literally all we had to do is not tell her we handed over a guy to bikers and things would be fine at the moment.
>>
>>14757641
Damn OP, you set the difficulty too high for a bunch of neckbeards and skeletons on a Tibetan finger painting forum. I don't know hot to interact with women outside of my VN's and this is nothing like those. Still not salty at you op, more bothered at myself for taking so long to realize she isn't worth.
>>
>>14757810
Maybe, Erika was going to be the hardest route to take from the instant I decided to make her an option. She was still supposed to be our main rival after all.
>>
When are we going to see a 240 z?
>>
>>14758053
Never in Dew Trails

>Nissan Motors USA introduced the 1970 Datsun 240Z in October 1969.
>>
>>14757641

> Things would be fine

No, things are fine NOW.
>>
>>14757546
I support "giving it back" only if we torch it and/or put a brick on the gas pedal and crash it into her house.
>>
Man, there's a lot of fags on tonight. Did all of the Australians come on at once?

Also thanks a lot for backing the obvious shit choice, it's like none of you wizards have actually talked to a girl before.
>>
>>14757221

Finally, we dumped the bitch. Lets get our damn car back.

I say B, lets go talk to Ronnie, see what we can do.

>>14758502

>Lets stay horsewhipped and potentially murder more people for the sake of a spoiled idiot who thinks she's hardcore!

Nice plan you got there, but some of us both like the '55 and not-dying.
>>
>>14758502

You misunderstand.

I do not want to have her in the story as a girlfriend or friend. I find the character and the general /o/tists love of her irritating and try to get rid of her every time I see a chance.
>>
>>14758750
>>14758966
Australians really need their own board where they can circle jerk all over their pathetic inline six "muscle" cars, and so they can stop shitting up the rest of /o/.
>>
>>14757221
B) Give him a full disclosure. Will he be okay with stealing a techically not yours anymore car?
>>
>>14759370
Telling the truth has already fucked us over. Then again so has not telling the truth.

Is stealing the 55 back even a good idea if we don't immediately skip town after?
>>
>>14759637
I can't imagine it is. lets sell the Volvo, fix the minty, smoke Brian, and take it back. alternatively, plow into the crowd if we lose again.
>>
The hell with racing him to get the 55 back.

Sit down with Brian, peacefully, lean forward slightly towards him across the table, and tell him the truth.

We've changed. We're a wanted man and we don't mean the cops. We've been shot, we've killed at least one person...took his head clean off with a 12 gauge. [lean more] We're leaving town, tonight. And Brian? [reach under table] We're leaving with that car.
>>
>>14757221
Kill Brian and take the 55
>>
>>14759966
Grab a gallon of gas, torch the storage unit.

"If I can't have it, then no one can!"
>>
>>14757641
You're not even unfair. The readers are just retarded virgins who can't man up even as a fictional character.

>>14758966
This, if any of you try and talk to her ever again you are cucks.
>>
After reading a few posts I decided I'll go at it like this.

>>14757221
Don't have much of a reason to go home when Ronnie is likely already at his place. On the way through town you hear police sirens fading into the distance, shouldn't have to worry about them yet so no biggie.

No surprise that Ronnie is already home, hopefully he hasn't been trying to call you this entire time. You park on the side of the road and head out to knock on the door. It doesn't take long for him to come to the door to come outside and close the door behind him.

"Hey man, take it you still want to go to the storage units?" he asks

"Yeah, if you're still down."

"Like I said, it's a bad idea but that car is part of you, you need it to be whole. Still kickin' your ass if the cops show up." he says with another playful punch to the shoulder

"Breakin' in is a last resort, can't get in too much trouble for sitting around can we?"

Breaking into all those units and finding the '55 would be like striking gold anyway.

"Naw I don't reckon, you know me though, other than a few scuffles and automotive shenanigans I haven't done much against the law."

Yup, you can see this as being 1 of the biggest offenses in the entirety of his life if it comes down to actually stealing the '55.

"If you don't want to you don't have to, I'm not forcin' you and I ain't gonna hold it against you."

"Come on, what good is being your best bro if I don't break the law a little for you. Besides I still feel like I owe you for those tires." he replies with a closed smile

"Seriously, I'm going to be owing you a lot more than that since you're helpin' me out with this. I appreciate it."

"Wait til you're in a dark blue supercharged small block '55 Bel Air before appreciatin' me too much. Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so." you reply, following him into his truck
>>
>>14760192
In the middle of his seat are some bolt cutters, guess he's serious about helping you do whatever to get it back. Never in a million years would you have imagined you and Ronnie thinking about committing any crimes more serious than street racing until now. These past weeks have been crazy, both in good and bad ways.

A) Go to the storage units. If they want to bring it out or put it up they have to go there obviously.
B) Go to the drive-in, try to talk things out with Brian if he's there.
C) Y'know, you still have some grass at home, if talks don't go well with him you could plant it in his car.
D) You got cold feet, just ride around with your bro for a while.
>>
>>14760199
D-A) Grab something to eat, we're staking out.
>>
Jeez, what's the plan after this anyway? Skipping town? We haven't even talked to carpenter since the shooting incident. And we can't keep it at home for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14761035
>Skipping town?

I guess, our decisions have fucked Jamie's life in this town pretty hard.

Bikers want us dead, cops will possibly want us arrested soon, Erika and likely Renee have us on shitlists.

We don't know if bikers have fucked up Carpenter or Sharon.

If Sharon is ok she probably isn't staying in town after helping us, we already know Cheryl isn't a big fan of the small town life and will be fucking off eventually.

We got Dad and Ronnie as the sure things now, so basically like at the start of the story.
>>
>>14761322
>I guess, our decisions have fucked Jamie's life in this town pretty hard.

Gotta say OP if this was an experiment to see how hard /o/ would fuck up if it was a person then you did an amazing job.

I've been following since the second thread and holy shit has it been a ride man.
>>
>>14760199
A
Balls out, no more fucking around

Would Ronnie be able to keep up with our likely unsupercharged '55 if Brian takes off in it?
>inb4 Brian sold it
>inb4 muh diceroll
>>
>>14761620
>inb4 the '55 is completely rekt
>inb4 "Jamie's a nancy" was scratched on the driver door
>>
>>14761524
Yup, it's been fun.

Story got me into some music, cars, and I learned some history so I'm happy with it.

>>14761620
>Would Ronnie be able to keep up with our likely unsupercharged '55 if Brian takes off in it?

Nah, it would be a slower than pre-supercharged but not by enough for Ronnie's truck to keep up unless the engine has mechanical issues (Or he blew off work and somehow made his truck gain about 50hp and the traction to back it up).

Only advantage the truck has is proper street tires instead of cheater slicks so I'd say it could manage corners better as funny as that sounds.
>>
>>14761946
And the low poly carfu
>>
>>14760199
E. Go get the fucking Packard.
>>
>>14761996
>Bel Air badge
>window pillars
Fucking normans ROOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>14761996
Engine is a bit different since there's no Paxton for the SBC mod.

>>14762025
Carpenter's is closed by now.

>>14762038
Yeah I know, it bothers me.
>>
what did I miss ? Last I remember we popped a pill then went dirt racing with the girls, went home, and got it on.
>>
>>14763074
The next morning we went racing with Ronnie, who told us he'd help us get the '55 back.

We went to Erika's after that, Teague pulled us over with Renee in the car on the way. Told her what happened with the bikers. She's grounded/pissed.

We tried to lie/tell the truth about what happened with the family man to Erika, who of course flipped out. Then we tried to guilt trip her with pissed her off to the point of telling us to fuck off so she stayed in some other town.

And now we're about to go stake out some storage units in hopes of getting the car back.
>>
>>14763074
Renee is pissed off we got shot and didn't tell her (Teague told her). Erika is pissed off we got tired of her shit. Bikers are pissed off and are likely gonna either kill us or implicate us in that whatshisname kidnapping/murder business from a million threads ago. Dad is pissed off we left the Valiant at Carpenter's (but it might be home by now). We still haven't heard back from Bernie but he's likely pissed off too.
>>
>>14761996
Holy shit dude use the '57 mod.
>>
>>14760199
"Let's get goin' to the units, we might be sittin' for a while."

"I can't sit all night and day, I gotta get this damn burger n' fry smell off before I go to bed." he jokes

The storage units are slightly out of town, just a ways off main street. There'll be some occasional traffic but all the shops in the area are closed by now.

Since they're all closed neither of you can find much of a problem with parking in front of a pawn shop that gives a clear view of the units and any road to get to them. Probably going to be sitting here for a while so you get as comfy as you can.

"Can't believe they never built a fence around this place." Ronnie says "It's like they want people to break in."

"Tired of sittin' already?" you reply, making it obvious you're picking

"Naw, just sayin' it'd be easy....so how are things goin'?"

"Not too good I don't think, kinda pissed my girl off and I think she's grounded too." you reply with a shurg

"Oh man, that's rough, bet she'll get over it though. How long she grounded for?"

Get over it? Not if Erika has anything to do with it you imagine.

"No idea, might find out eventually..."

You and Ronnie go back and forth, talking about girls, cars, work, whatever comes to mind. Don't know how long you've been sitting there, probably a whole lot longer than it feels thanks to having him to talk to. All you know is that a loud V8 car is approaching and you hope to see a black 442 rolling in front of you soon enough.

And wouldn't you know it, coming in from the east is just the car you were hoping to see.

Looks like he's got the switchblade wielding bitch that is Deb with him. When he turns down the street to the entrance he gives it some gas, a familiar whine comes from the car with a squeal of the tires.

Oh hell no, that fucker nicked the damn Paxton setup didn't he?
>>
>>14763797
"That's the fucker that did it?!" Ronnie semi-yells "So the supercharger he's been bragging about gettin' soon is yours?"

Yeah, it sure seems like it.

A) Try to negotiate with him.
B) Run down there and use force.
C) Wait till they leave and follow the '55 if they leave with it.
D) Sneak down to see what unit it's in, you can get it another night.
>>14763272
But the car in the story isn't a '57 now is it? Even if it is about 10 leagues better in terms of quality.

And that pic was meant for this post but eh.
>>
>>14763808
Do we have any weapons?
>>
>>14763869
We have some bolt cutters and maybe Ronnie has a knife.
>>
>>14763916
No fucking wrenches or hammers or tire irons or anything else? I guess the bolt cutters might work but they're unwieldy as shit. Anyway I vote B but wait for them to start opening the storage unit. Or switch seats with Ronnie and run Brian the fuck over when he gets out of the car.
>>
>>14763808
B)reak B)rian's B)ody

>>14763869
Ronnie's got tools in his truck, and we have intention, desire, and resolve rolling with us.
>>
Kill them, Jaime.

Kill them all.

B
>>
>>14764022

Wait, forgot our arm is all fucked up.

D for sneaky breaky.
>>
>>14763808
D
With guns
>>
>>14763961
Well yeah, we most likely have the standard tools in Ronnie's truck.

Maybe a lug wrench
>>
D
Play it cool
>>
>>14763808
D) Sneky
>>
>>14763808
D, gotta play it nice and cool, and hit 'em when he least expects it.

On an unrelated note, I was unaware I could have such passion for a virtual Chevy, I'm grinning like a little shit at the thought of getting it back. OP, you are damn good at this.
>>
I apologize but I haven't been able to get on the pc much since my last post and I'm sleepy as hell.

I'll try my damnedest to get it done asap after I get up.
>>
Kill Brian and then kill self
>>
>>14766037
Glorious an hero master race.
>>
What if we drag raced Brian for the 55 with our Packard, then just turned right into him and Pit him as soon as the race starts. Like this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7YNMbTWIiQ
>>
>>14767503
I've been suggesting to weld push bars on the Packard since thread #29, at least.
>>
>>14763808
"Alright man, you keep your head down, Imma go see what unit it's in so maybe we can come back later." you tell Ronnie before hopping out

"Don't get your ass kicked, take my ol Buck just in case, better than nothin'."

He pulls his trusty pocket knife he's had for maybe 4 or 5 years now, his dad always kept it sharp for him so it should cut if it needs to. Not much of a match for a switchblade but it's nice to hold on to.

You walk across the road and onto the storage unit property, Brian went down the middle so the best thing to do would be to get on the other side of the lot. They're going to be coming out of here and you don't want to be on the wide open side. You get down low when you make it to the 1st of the 2 lengthy storage buildings, peeking around the corner slightly.

Alright, looks like they're both occupied with the door, just need to sneak on over to the other side...

Aaaand easy, the '55 appears to be towards the end in the building you just sneaked over to, 2nd to the end by the looks of it. Not long after you hear the 350 come alive. It hasn't even been a complete week yet but hearing those side exits feels like hearing a favorite song for the 1st time in forever. You got the info you need with no fuss, it'd be smart to wait till they leave to make your way back to Ronnie's truck if you want to keep it that way.

You run around to the other side of the building when you hear them approach, as they go up the road you peek out once more.

Oh what the fuck, they painted it? Or well, it looked like it's prepped to be painted, or maybe they just like the primer look. The rear tires definitely ain't as wide as they used to be either, safe to assume the Torq Thrusts are gone. God fucking dammit!

They speed off into the night so you make your way back to the F100.

"Alright, I know what unit they use now." you triumphantly say, handing his knife back to him
>>
>>14768080
"Good job Mr. Bond, so what now? Can't be late enough for the drive-in to be closed."

The drive-in is about the only place you can think of to go other than Ronnie's to get the Volvo.

A) To the drive-in, maybe you can make some money betting on Ronnie's races. You're hungry now anyway.
B) Go back to his place to get the Volvo and go home, early to bed, early to rise. You got 2 cars to work on.

>>14767503
Don't see why not, it was even an option when we originally raced Brian.
>>
>>14768105
A
He did us a favor. Why should we blow him off?
>>
>>14768105

(A)YYYYYYY LMAO
>>
>>14768105
Too bad we can't get the packard now, weld some basic bull bars onto it hunt Brian down and crush his car in a series of 'innocent traffic mishaps'

Then hold him at gunpoint until he signs over the 55's title.

Oh well, a man can dream.
>>
>>14768105
A)

Hope for the best and have bacon
>>
A
>>
A, get murdered by the bikers.
>>
Bumnp
>>
>>14768105
"Hell yeah, sounds good to me, I ain't got any plans."

Ronnie's response is to fire up his truck before leaving the lot with a good ol' fashioned peel out.

A short trip and you're at the drive-in, not the busiest you've seen but there's some action going on.

"Haha, Carlos is here, just the guy I wanted to see!" he says with a grin on his face

No surprise there, if you remember correctly he's in the spot above Ronnie. There are a few other cars you know but it looks like this wasn't Brian or Deb's destination. He finds an open spot next to Carlos' Willys to park.

"I'm wantin' something to eat right quick." you tell him

"That's cool man, you probably got time." he replies before hopping out

You order some food while he goes to setup a race, been a while since you had a chilidog so why not? While you're waiting you look around, it's just not the same when you don't have your own car to race but you like looking...

There's an orange dart that catches your eye almost immediately. got a massive scoop on it's black hood. Black steelies all around, likely widened in the rear to fit the tire back there. You're pretty damn certain that, in color matching orange print, "HEMI" is on the side of the scoop. Such a sweet looking car, all that motor in such a little car has to be fast as hell too. He's parked next to the GTO that's also on the list, just need the missing 30s Willys over there to have a gang of orange.

This is the 1st time you get to see the '57 Chevy that's on the list, it's a 150 you think, definitely not a Bel Air. Silver and white 2-tone, chrome wheels that you're not sure on make. Next to no room left in the back for more tire unless he cuts something, has to be a bitch to change tires, you know the feel. It's got a bug catcher resting above what appears to be dual 4 barrels, supercharged? Looks like it should be higher on the list than where it was when you learned about it.
>>
>>14771896
Both are what would be killer races if you had the '55...fucking hell wasn't expecting this to be a downer. Good news is that you can easily get the Henry J done early tomorrow and that your food has arrived.

By time you finish eating Ronnie and Carlos are talking around his car with the hood up. You imagine they'll be racing soon enough with how they're talking, you could try to set up something for tomorrow or just get a closer look at some other cars in the meantime.

A) Join Ronnie and Carlos.
B) Check out the '57
C) Check out the Dart
D) Check out the GTO
>>
>>14771915
B or D
>>
>>14771915
B
>>
>>14771915
D, ask the owner what all he's done to his engine since we have that 421 we're supposed to be working on. Also since getting the Paxton back will be damn near impossible we should consider putting the 421 in the 55 when we get it back. Much quicker and easier swap than the Hemi.
>>
Everyone talks about stealing the 55 back like they plan on racing it or being seen in town with it ever again.

What's the plan when we're eating a chilidog and Brian shows up with Teague and the title for HIS car?
>>
>>14772850
This is apparently a world where everyone carries the title to the car in their glovebox at all times so we'll just forge his signature.
>>
>>14771915
A)
>>
A for bro
>>
>>14772992
Niggas still acting salty. :^}
>>
>>14773875
Shit plain don't make sense, pham
>>
>>14773884
Because street racers that may bet pink slips would never carry them right?
>>
File: tumblr_nzgmio0HkC1s9eqayo1_1280.jpg (118 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgmio0HkC1s9eqayo1_1280.jpg
118 KB, 1280x800
>>14773935
Certainly not Brian "Puny Peter" Callahan.
>>
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 1000x1000
>>14773966
This desu fampai.
>>
>>14773966
Wat, now that's what I call plain not making sense.
>>
File: image.png (223 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223 KB, 500x468
Bump
>>
Well since this shit's been tied for almost 24 hours...

>>14771915
Another blown Tri-Five? Like you can resist getting a little info on it. You pop one of the painkillers to get rid of the emerging pain, hop out and head over. You're sure someone checking out the car will bring the owner over after some time. Still has a full interior, radio, and all those comforts, the wheels are apparently Keystones. Guess it could be more of a cruiser than a racer, light tune instead of race ready? Hmm, why waste time with all that cheater slick to not put it to use?

"So you DO come around here." a familiar voice says, sounding like he just saw an old friend

You can't put a facr or name on that voice though, turning around you see the guy who talked about his many Tri-Fives at Teague's Tryouts. Thought he had a '56 with big slicks and a straight axle? Bet his wife isn't too happy about him being out here racing either, shouldn't a guy in his 40s not be out here doing this anyway?

"Yeah, I used to come out here a lot more, how's it been goin'?" you ask

"Good and bad." he replies with a chuckle "Ol' woman made me get rid of a few cars I had layin' 'round. Good is I managed to pull the 409 from the '56 and get a 8-71 workin' on it. This baby's fast and comfortable, just needs better mileage!" he says in a proud voice with a tap on the hood

Blown AND packing a big engine? Has to be putting down more power than the '55 does...did.

"It's a nice lookin' car no doubt." you tell him

"Thank ya, so how's that '55 of yours coming along?"

"Ahh, well, it's not mine anymore. Got a new project now, should be runnin' by tomorrow night."

Should be being the keywords.

"Think you need to let some friends know that, couple 'o guys were lookin' for you about an hour ago."

That's not good.

"They say what they want?"

"Said they needed to talk to you about your Valiant. Sounded like they had an accident delivering it."

Did the bikers attack one of Carpenter's guys? Definitely not good.
>>
>>14777607
"Naw, drove a blue Star Chief 4 door, about a '63..." he replies with a raised brow

Ok Jamie, so you were shot yesterday and now some strangers are looking for you. Of course they would come to the drive-in, even Al saw you here. Could it have been one of Carpenter's employees trying to let you know something happen instead?

While you're talking the 442 arrives, the '55 nowhere in sight. Already back in storage? Stashed somewhere else? Getting painted? Who knows, this being the 1st time you've been around him since you lost the car to him you're sure Brian is going to talk shit eventually.

"Hey Jamie, we're about to run!" Ronnie yells as he an Carlos walk towards the race master

A) Go put a little bit of money on Ronnie's race.
B) Just watch the race, no bets.
C) If someone was looking for you it's time to go. Ronnie is going to need to postpone his race.
D) If someone was looking for you it's time to go. Tony, you think that's his name, might just give you a ride home.
E) What the hell, go start some shit with Brian before he can start any with you.
>>
>>14777627
>had an accident delivering the Valiant
Son of a fucking BITCH, good luck getting our heads now.
>55
>stashed somewhere else
Shit, I was just thinking about that possibility. We really should have prepared better and brought some real fucking weapons.

B, maybe try and find Cheryl since she's the only girl who'll talk to us anymore.
>>
B time to skedaddle
>>
>>14777627
A) It's gonna be a close one, I think.
>>
>>14777627
E
>>
>>14777627
E, we should have fucked Brian's shit up earlier.
>>
>>14778353
>>14778723
This
Fuck consequences
>>
>>14777627
E
I don't care anymore, this story's beyond fucked.
Let's let that faggot know he's back on our radar.
>>
>>14778723
Any other time I'd agree but Jamie has one fucking arm right now dude.
>>
>>14777627
E, time to run this story into the ground lel
>>
>>14777627
B).
I'd likely put a little bet on it but i'm not sure on how it will end.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>14779671
>>14778894
>>14778822
>>14778723
>>14778353

pls no
>>
I sense samefag activity.

>>14778353 >>14778723 >>14778822 >>14778894 >>14779671
>>
D Holt shit we have one arm and people are looking to kill us
>>
>>14780571
seconded
>>
>>14777627
E
>>
>>14777627
Make Jami(E) great again
>>
B
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 383x383
>assholes are in a secluded area
>have backup
>something actually at stake
Nah let's wait
>crowded public place
>no backup
>55 nowhere in sight
FUCK HIM UP
>>
B this shit is retarded guys
>>
Damn it you guys, if we are stealing the 55 we need to keep a low fucking profile. Ideally I'd say D but it looks like B) is the only other way to salvage this
>>
>>14780877
>expecting logical decisions

You really shouldn't be doing that anymore.
>>
>>14780571

Permission to change my vote to B if it will help.

Goddammit.
>>
>>14781161
Gotta agree. Changing this vote >>14780631 to B for the sake of not doing something stupid.
>>
>>14778064
Changing for [B] as well.
>>
gotta B)
>>
>>14777627
"Gotta run to see if my friend can move up the list." you tell him

"Ah hell, reckon I'll watch too."

Over at the group there's a few small bets going on, Ronnie and Carlos agree on $5 themselves.

Not sure on everything that's been done to Carlos' Willys other than a not very stout 289 swapped in. Knowing how Ronnie gets off the line he's going to need to play catch up with the much lighter car. It's going to be a close 1 you think, too close to risk putting money on when you can't afford to be losing any.

Before you know it everyone is going to the strip of road to watch the race, you go to the finish line.

The race starts as you expected, Carlos getting out in front. His lead doesn't last long, the F100 managing to real him in around 100ft into the race. Ronnie keeps on widening the lead until the halfway point when that 289 manages to out pull the 292. As they draw closer and closer to the finish it looks like Ronnie has it in the bag. It's still a pretty damn good race, the Willys front end about halfway down the door, if y'all raced more than a 1/4 mile he would've had it.

Before you can go congratulate Ronnie someone puts their arm around your neck, and it ain't Mr. Tri-Five.

"Hey, buddy, heard you got a new car. Plan on handing that 1 over too?"

Oh, this fucker has some nerve. You're quick to get away from him before someone actually think you guys have any kind of friendship, or the more likely reaction of you hitting him.

"Whoa, relax, not like I 'stole' it..." he says holding his hands up as if to calm you down

He stands there with a smile on his face, waiting to see what your reaction is going to be.

"Can you believe the drive-in got a call saying that someone was gonna try and steal it? I still consider it your car even if it's in my possession so I thought you would want to know. It's in good hands, I moved it somewhere else." he says with a sneer
>>
>>14782650
Obviously it was Erika, you just had to piss her off today didn't you, that fucking bitch! Brian is taking some pleasure in your increased frustration, laughing at the fact that he found out about your plan.

"No need to be a lowly criminal over it, all you need to do is beat me in a race or give me $1,000." he shrugs with a smile that's enough to make you want to punch him all over again "Maybe I should just finish parting it out?"

The only way you see yourself getting that much money is to sell the Packard and another car, maybe even both the other cars you have. Selling a 426 HEMI with a 4 speed wouldn't be hard but it would take a whi-.

No idea if he'd go for it but you got 3 cars you could try to trade for the '55, the Packard is the only 1 worth much of anything and that's only for what's under the hood.

Ronnie has returned to the finish line and collecting his earnings.

A) He can go fuck himself, get in Ronnie's truck.
B) You'll get the money somehow.
C) You'll beat him in a race...somehow.
D) You have a Packard with a 426 HEMI to trade.
E) You have a Packard with a 426 HEMI and a Volvo to trade.
F) You have a Packard with a 426 HEMI and a gasser project to trade.
G) You have a Packard with a 426 HEMI and a couple of cars to trade.
H) That black eye of his is maybe 99% healed, needs to be back down to 0%.
>>
>>14782670
D. Fuck the Packard. Beat his ass once we have the car back. Put the 421 in it.
>>
>>14782670
H.

>captcha: 426
Even Captcha agrees we should keep the 426.
>>
>>14782684
Make that E actually, fuck the Volvo.
>>
>>14782684
>>14782698
So we'd be paying an 800$ Hemi, a Packard rolling chassis, about 100$ worth of Volvo, and get a blower-less '55 back? Seems like the worst conceivable idea ever. '55 ain't worth 1000$ now, and it sure as hell isn't worth that much when we've got money problems.

We need to beat him in a race. Preferably one were his car doesn't work. And neither do his legs.
>>
>>14782738
The 55 still has posi and an M22, it might not be worth exactly 1000 but it's close. Also everyone's too fucking omega to ever do anything with the Packard so we might as well get rid of it.
>>
>>14782754
Still, the Packard is worth way more than that, and if we give that fuckface a Hemi, he'll smoke us every day of the week.
>>
>>14782763
He already has a Paxton blown Olds 400, no way can we compete with that.
>>
>>14782781
Now imagine a Paxton blown Hemi.
>>
>>14782792
We already can't compete with what he has so there's really no point. We'll just kill him once we get the car back since there's really no other way anymore thanks to best waifu.
>>
>>14782763
>>14782792
Do we really have much of a reason to race him if we get the '55 back?

Hanging around and chasing the list isn't that great of an idea if people are already looking for us there.
>>
>it's a OP tries to make us dislike Erika even more post
Nice try, faggot.
>>
>>14782885
M-maybe she b-bought it out, either for Martin or our's sake.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (198 KB, 572x719) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
198 KB, 572x719
>>14782885
>he still thinks I'm trying to do this

Blame those who wanted to guilt trip her, it was planned to have her apologize for lashing out against us but whatevs.
>>
Don't trade the Packard, it's Habs
Hands down the best car we own. And maybe even the best chance we have at beating him. The car is already a beast, it just needs more go fast bits.

Where's the option to part out the J and use the money to beef up the Packard
>>
File: 5019a80b6a1a4.image.jpg (523 KB, 646x499) Image search: [Google]
5019a80b6a1a4.image.jpg
523 KB, 646x499
>>14782670
C) Give him not an inch. We will drag that cunt out of the mangled wreck and make him transfer the title.

>>14783039
What it needs is some make-'em-hurt bits
>>
>>14783039
That wouldn't be related to Brian at the moment so it's not an option for now.

>best car

Depends, for pure straight line 1/4 mile performance the Henry J wins easily even with all it's sketchiness. A thousand pound weight advantage goes a long way.

Both need help in the suspension and engine power department.
>>
>>14782670
H
>>
>>14782670
C)untpunt
>>
>>14782670
H, fuck him, we're skipping town anyway
>>
>>14782670
H and pray for a good roll
>>
Where's the option to sell ALL the cars, buy something Street legal in the morning, then drive around in the country all day.

Then at night fall, burn down Erika's house and Brian's car on the way out of town?

Like, holy fuck, /o/. Get your bridge burning criminal act together already.
>>
C
>>
A and only A.
>>
>>14782670
H
>>
C, Don't be so salty /o/ he did win fair and square. I do think we should sell that Packard maybe, the henry is the only chance we have at beating him, and we don't even use the Packard ever. I think we should beat him, get the 55 back fair and square, sell the minty or stash it at dads, then leave town, visit renew one last time to give her the chance to leave with us, then skip town and ride into the sunset with a 55. Perfect ending to a fucked story.
>>
All things considered, Brian is pretty cool for such a piece of shit. He still has the 55 for better or for worse, and he's supposedly still letting us get it back. Still a fag though, but were the ones who got too big for our britches.
>>
Spoiler

> Brian drives around in the Packard and get shot to hell by a bunch of bikers
>>
>>14782670
H
>>
>>14783836
Fuckin this, D/E best option
>>
>>14782670
H for topkeks
>>
>>14782670
C, i say we sell the packard to finish the poncho J
>>
C you fagniggers
>>
H, fuck the 55, we can sell the Packard and get the J faster than the 55 ever was.
>>
Also good luck finishing the J after whatever happened to the valiant happened. Man I really hope the bikers didn't reck dad.
>>
>>14784068
This but sell the J for the Packard and turn into into a road warrior dragmonster.
>>
>>14784203
The J has more potential, it has a huge weight advantage over the Packard.
>>
H desu senpai, Brian needs a new shiner
>>
Let's hope pop's dead so we can inherit the Runner and sell all the other cars and become king of the drive-in.
Do a dice roll on that when we go home, OP
>>
>>14784187
>>14784619
Dad would've been in the Road Runner if anything happened, not the Valiant.
>>
>>14782670
H
>>
>>14782670
Fuck all of that, this asshole is getting another good punch to the head.

You go for a swing, apparently he expected this 1 as he quickly jumps back nearly losing his footing and barely managing to stay up. He has no intentions of fighting you as he backs away with a light chuckle.

"The hell?! I tried being nice, I think I'll just cube the piece of shit when I'm done!"

You would've took off after him but at some point Ronnie hopped out of his truck to hold you back. Goddammit, this must be how Erika felt when you held her back. You're not hitting him though, you're not that much of an ass.

"Come on man, it's not worth the trouble!"

Brian keeps his eye on you until he flags down Carlos, after a few seconds he announces that another "race" is happening. That 442 could take him out before he went crazy with weight reduction and engine work let alone a Paxton.

"I guess..." you reply, not honestly feeling that way "Congrats on the win."

"Thank ya, don't think I'm getting any higher without an engine swap and or a blower though."

Don't doubt it, the list is easily faster now than what it was when you were gunning for #1. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's mostly due to the list gaining popularity, there's an appeal to being #1 even if it's just a small time gig at a drive-in.

"Seems like it, that '57 is packing blown 409, don't even think my old car could take it." hey, time to face the music, getting it back is likely never going to happen now

"Yeah, list ain't no joke. I think I need to start lookin' for a 390 or hell, even a 428."

"What happened to the T-Bird supercharger idea you always rambled about?"

"Shit, those old Y-Blocks can't compete, no replacement for displacement and better design. Shoulda held off instead of spendin' money on the 292." he starts towards the truck, you follow "Ah well, what's another month or so of holdin' off on buyin' parts? Get a FE, sell the Y, sounds like a plan to me!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.