[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Maserati the most underrated company of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: OK_DSH7964.jpg (317 KB, 1280x500) Image search: [Google]
OK_DSH7964.jpg
317 KB, 1280x500
Is Maserati the most underrated company of all time?
>>
It's just Italian Jaguar, so yea.
>>
>>14728665
What a beauty
>>
best V8 sound ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETf7Y0orMU
>>
>>14728769
I knew i'd need that vid one day.
>best sounding exhaust mod i ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqyZtmWZhY

The quattroportes are cheap, when you buy used, but reliability and service costs might be insanely awful.
>>
>>14728769

sounds like the usual v8
>>
>>14728665
It's overpriced for what it actually is.
>a luxury, sporty car

Not a sports car. For the price of a new maserati you can have a porsche, that will outperform it probably and still be more reliable.

And of course, for the price of one of those things, one could let a pro tuner tune a car that would beat the maserati easily, with lower maintenance cost (if not driven constantly over it's limits). Spare parts will also be cheaper.

>tl:dr maserati is for badgewhores that care more about their next instagram selfie than they care about cars.
>>
The sexiest badge ever
>>
>>14728769
Sounds like a v6 with aftermarket exhaust
>>
>>14729792
I don't really like these comparisons though I understand why people make them. I wish Maserati was judged based on their own merits rather than compared to a company with different goals and values like Porsche.

With that said, I personally do not know what Maserati is all about when it comes to their creative vision. Forgive me if this is inaccurate, but in my opinion I'm reminded of Aston-Martin when I look at Maserati. Both brands try to find the perfect balance between GT and sports car, the difference being that Aston leans more toward luxury while Maserati is more focused on performance. But why would I want to buy one? What do they do unique or better or even different than anyone else?

In my opinion their reliability issues haunt them totally. The cars post facelift look a lot better IMO but people don't want them because Maserati has a reputation for reliability on par with early 2000s Jaguar (read: terrible) which is unacceptable when the cost of these cars are $100k+
>>
>>14729871
>I'm reminded of Aston-Martin when I look at Maserati

Same here. It's just for people who do not know how to waste their money.

For me, these luxury brands don't do it. But i am not mad at them, just because i have no money to get one myself.

The're just there, that's it.
>>
>>14728769
v8 sounds like v8

come back to me when they change out the crossplane crank to flatplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyN2Itzk5BE
>>
It's okay.
>>
File: maserati_MC12_DV-08-Belle-02.jpg (245 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
maserati_MC12_DV-08-Belle-02.jpg
245 KB, 1024x680
>>14728665
the brand itself not really, the MC12 on the other hand...
>>
>>14729934
Holy shit.

For the normies with some spare cash, there is always a used v10 m5 with this exhaust system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQTVHCOfNNo

The screaming v10 at least gets you into super car feeling, but the ferrari is way sharper on the throttle.
I wish the sound quality was better tho.
>>
>>14728665
Overrated if anything.
>>
>>14729995
Or you could buy a Benz with the same engine block as Paganis, just need a full exhaust for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN8pHJ3sQ0Q
>>
>>14730004
I remember that vid, fucking hell.
>going 60
>sounds like he's doing 320 kph

Now that is some crazy mod. Fuck fagrarri, i'd get me this benz and be the loudest cunt in monaco....and still would have spare cash for a boat.
>>
>>14730004
12K€

http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/285483686?asrc=st|as

Start saving /o/.
>>
File: baby-boner.jpg (27 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
baby-boner.jpg
27 KB, 500x437
>>14729732
>>
>>14730004
>>14729995
>>14729934
This is fun for a track day, but I definitely wouldn't use such exhaust for a DD or any GT car
>>
Noble are underrated but probably from being so obscure and small.
>Porsche driver takeoff was awful
https://youtu.be/IkiQQ4twibU
>>
>>14729934
IDK, I think a QP with Tubi exhaust sounds better than a Speciale or Scud and I've spent a good amount of time driving all 3. The Challenge cars I might make a case for sounding better though, at least when you are standing behind them. Flat plane V8s don't sound good to me unless they are way up in the rev range.
>>
>>14728665
I know a guy who owned a new Maserratti for less than a year because it had so many reliability issues. He's extremely rich, so it wasn't that he couldn't afford to deal with it. The car was just a headache and made him feel like he'd bought a lemon instead of a nice car.
>>
>>14729792

>And of course, for the price of one of those things, one could let a pro tuner tune a car that would beat the maserati easily

Not this shit again
>>
I drive valet and joy rode a Maserati. Interior is trash, handling is trash. Feel is trash. It's a 150k dodge. No thanks. I will take any of The dozens of Lexus that come through come through over it any day.
>>
Has an even worse rep than Porsche and BMW combined in my country.

Porsche is small dick
BMW is Turkish
Maserati is lowlife pimp (and not the cool Sam L Jackson kind)

It's only topped by Corvette.
>>
>>14729792
Who the fuck wants a boring Porsche. Muh reliable. Bullshit.
>>
>>14731813
In what shithole do you live?
>>
>>14731813
Sounds like Germany.
>>
here they're everywhere; just driven around town by chinese to show off their money
>>
I don't like any of their cars as much as their competitors. Take th Granturismo for instance, if you want something sporty buy a Ferrari. If you want something more like a GT get an Aston or a Jag.

That being said,
>previous gen Quattroporte
Looks so nice, sounds so fucking good. Was my dream car in my teens.
>>
>>14731971
Found the guy who has never driven a Porsche in his life.
>>
>>14728665
>>14728749

It looks like an RX-8...
>>
>>14728665

>Maserati
>Underrated

Who even buys these? Nothing Italy makes is good.
>>
>>14728665
>The only car still in production that was out before the GTR.

How come no one complains about how old this thing is?
>>
>>14733065
No one has them, no one thinks about them. It's an exotic name that has prestige linked to it so they can sell shitboxes for over $100k
>>
>>14729972
so qt
>>
>>14728665
They are and they aren't. I had a 77 Quattroporte in college. It was would have been a nice looking car if I had decided to respray it. Provided you replaced pretty much every seal every 10k miles and kept it on a trickle charger it was a pretty reliable car. The transmission was a bit jerky and needed a rebuild.

I recently test drove a Quattroporte S Q4 as a candidate for the new family car. Apparently a lot of the issues from the 00's have been resolved. A fellow I park next to at coffee & cars has a '14 with ~45k miles w/ only routine maintenance & tires. Down side is the V8 is only available in the GTS and we need an AWD. The V6 doesn't sound/drive as nice as the V8.
>>
>>14733723
oh and if you're looking for a used semi-recent QP or Ghibli, make sure they've replaced the waste gate clips as the early factory ones rattled.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>14728665

souped up garbage sedans with italian build quality, get a porsche instead
>>
>>14728665

Someone post that guys detailing the 170.000$ cost of ownership for one year.
>>
>>14733777
$17k might be realistic if it was an 05-08 and everything went wrong in one year (clutch, cam variators, front cover, cam covers, alternator, engine mounts, control arm bushings, maybe trans pump), that pretty much covers the things that are almost guaranteed to go wrong at some point, but it would just be bad luck and not a real indicator of the cost of ownership. The auto cars are much better/cheaper to maintain.
>>
>>14733812

It wasn't 17k, it was 170k.
>>
>>14733820
170k pesos or yen?
>>
>>14733822

Dollars.
>>
>>14733820
>$170K
>Cost of ownership being more than the cost of the car.

I'm calling bullshit. You can literally buy one new and give it away for less than that.
>>
>>14733867

Then wait for someone to repost the thread.

I'm pretty sure someone capped it or someone knows how to search the archives, if there are any for /o/.
>>
>>14733878
There is an archive, but now we know it's nonsense for sure if it's from /o/, I might believe some retard posting on maseratilife or ferrarichat could get bilked out of that much money or maybe a sensationalist jalopnik article with little basis in reality but nobody on /o/ has even owned a newer QP/138/GT
>>
>>14733911

That I don't know about, but the guy listed the invoices.

I used to like Maseratis, and I still do, but that thread was an eye opener. At least for what concers to the current contemporary models, those cars are a plague of failures.

For some reason they devalue a lot more than the competition.
>>
>>14731813
>Has an even worse rep than Porsche and BMW combined in my country.
Who doesn't like Porsche?
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
34 KB, 480x360
For the price of a used Quattroporre I can get a old Bentley
>>
File: 20151204_121543.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151204_121543.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>14734247
You can get a really old Bentley for less than a QP

I have to say though I've driven 80s Bentleys and the ride is better than any modern car, and I've driven new S Classes, 612, FF, QP, 7 series, and more, those things just feel like you are on a cloud. The hydraulic system is an absolute mess though.
>>
>>14734272
I found an 88 Bentley Eight in my area for about 14k. Has 92,000 miles on it but looks brand new.

I really want a Brooklands though
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660455614/overview/
>>
>>14728769
anon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0sqsW4LeCs
>>
>>14728769
I've been saying it for a long time they make the best sounding V8s, perfect balance of rasp, bass and pitch.
>>
>>14728665
80% style 20 % performance

Like Italian Aston martin
>>
do anyone but wogs even drive them
>>
>>14733940
Me.
>>
>>14733723
I'm not sure if it's true that their reliability issues have been sorted out. This is anecdotal but I have a friend who is leasing a '15 and hates it because it has been in and out of the shop constantly for the last year. It's possible he just got a lemon but based on Maserati's reputation I doubt it's a one off.
>>
>>14733723
>>14736757
Sorry should have clarified, my friend with the lemon has a Ghibli not a QP.
>>
>>14728665
No. Because Maseratis have been garbage since the 80s
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.