[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got a HF dual action polisher. What pads and compound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Chicago Electric DA Polisher.jpg (62 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chicago Electric DA Polisher.jpg
62 KB, 1200x1200
I just got a HF dual action polisher. What pads and compound should I get?
I plan to clean up headlights, swirl marks on paint, and buff wax with it. Mostly on a Toyota.

I know about the back plate being retarded. I plan on buying a 5" back plate or cut off the outer edge of the excess hook and loop backing.

I like the Chemical Guys system, but they're pricey. Nice video guides though.
>>
get a foam pad fur it, those are my fav.
Also I like using the Meguiar's cleaner-wax with it, works good as a one step job of both cleaning and waxing (duh) your paint job.
>>
>>14725313

any tips for getting annoying water stains off of windows?
>>
>>14725295

Get the best finish starting with 80 grit paper and work through 100, 220, 360. Start wet sanding at 800, then 1200. You paint will be nice and smooth...
>>
Don't wax your car with a polisher. Terrible idea. After paint is been clayed then polished, wax it by hand with a microfiber foam sponge carnauba wax and extremely light pressure. I have detailed literally 200 million dollars worth of cars including prominent concours winning vehicles.
>>
>>14726727
Would you recommend applying sealant by hand as well?
>>
>>14726753
I would. Also with sealant make sure the paint isnt hot, and be sure to observe the cure times. The company I work for uses a sealant that has a twelve hour cure time so the car needs to stay in a cool debris and contaminent free area for 12 hours but once it's cures it's amazing. Nothing sticks to it.
>>
>>14725420
You can get glass polish:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/fine+glass+polish+16+ounces.do

>>14726727
>Don't wax your car with a polisher.
My dad waxes his Accord this way and it comes out looking pretty okay. Not anything show-quality, but it works to protect the paint on your daily driver without spending too much time. He uses a foam pad to apply it, and then microfiber bonnets on top of a more dense foam pad to remove it.
>>
>>14726778
Yep that griots glass Polish is good stuff
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.