[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confession thread. >tfw think the prius looks cool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
Confession thread.

>tfw think the prius looks cool
>>
>>14725074
No you dont.
>>
>>14725074
I want a miata
>>
>>14725074
Priuses have looked good overall in my opinion for the third generation. Gen IV looks to continue this, but sadly the front end is whacko when previously it looked unfinished.
>>
>>14725074
You have massively shit taste, and that isn't the 2016 Prius.
>>
>tfw you think stance looks good

Although I would never daily a stanced car
>>
I think manual transmissions are really just a chore, and the only thing I like about it more than my old auto is that most people think driving a manual car automatically makes me a good driver and adds validity to my opinions about cars in general for some reason
>>
>>14725907
Kill yourself
>>
>>14725074

I like rice when the car actually has power to back up the looks.
>>
>>14725989
You probably drive a sedan and have a wife. Why are you on /o/?
>>
>>14725989
>I think manual transmissions are really just a chore

Then you must suck at driving them.
>>
>>14726010
>not realizing manual cars are slower than semi autos and autos.
>>
The Nissan Juke and the RR Evogue are pretty cars.
>>
>>14726075
The Juke is cool as hell m8, nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>14726004
Close, except replace "sedan" with "MR2", and "wife" with "no girlfriend ever"

>>14726010
Nah man I love having to use literally every single limb on my body just so I can pull away from a stop sign and then use every single limb again to stop at the next stop sign 1 block down and then repeat the process 20 times just to get across town.
>>
Veloster is kinda cool.
>>
>>14726112
>use literally every single limb on my body
>waaaahh using my left leg is haaaaard

You should really just drive an auto if it hasn't become second nature to you. Driving a manual to make yourself look like a car guy to normies is sad.
>>
>>14726112
Do you have arthritis or something?
>>
>>14726170
>>14726180
>no you don't get it doing more work than necessary is way better
>i love wasting my time and energy doing shit when there's easier ways to do the exact same thing
>fuck concepts like convenience and efficiency, i want to do stuff in the most difficult manner available
>>
I will probably buy a 2018 86 brand new in a couple years, then pray they kill off the car so it remains a meme.
>>
>>14726234
There's nothing wrong with driving an automatic transmission. But if that's your argument against manuals then you should just leave /o/.
>>
I want to put a Pontiac logo on a Prius and call it the Grand Aztek
>>
>>14726075
I had a hard-on for the Evoque after seeing it on Top Gear the first time. Thought the styling was perfect and futuristic in a good way. Loved seeing them on the roads for a while. Then months later they started fading into the crowd. Don't even notice them now.
>>
I despise most people my age at car meets (21) because all they fucking do here is vape and talk dumb shit without backing anything they say up, run into some cool people that know their shit everyonce in a while.
>>
>>14726241
/o/ is reserved for only the most diehard stickshift white-knights and people who don't like what i like need to leave my echochamber
>>
>>14726273
I'm sorry you're too afraid to try new things and/or don't get enough seat time to actually get good at driving stick. If you did actually practice, most of those points would be moot.

The biggest reason why people on /o/ prefer manual is because most of them don't drive brand new cars. Stick shift can make even the most boring '80s/'90s/early '00s econobox somewhat fun to drive.

But since you don't even know how to greentext, it's obvious you need to lurk more anyway.
>>
>>14726317
>I'm sorry you're too afraid to try new things and/or don't get enough seat time to actually get good at driving stick.
Learner car/first car was manual, and I've DD'd this one for 3 years so try again
>The biggest reason why people on /o/ prefer manual is because most of them don't drive brand new cars.
No, the only reason /o/tists d-ride sticks so hard is because of mememagic
>Stick shift can make even the most boring '80s/'90s/early '00s econobox somewhat fun to drive.
"fun" yeah. because moving your left foot 6 inches in one direction and fondling a dildo with your right hand can instantly turn driving a slow nopower shitbox into the hypest activity since pushing hoops with sticks went out of style
>But since you don't even know how to greentext, it's obvious you need to lurk more anyway.
>le i'm a oldfag defense, for when you can't think of any legitimate reasons to defend your opinion, just attack your opponent and call him new.
>>
>>14726397
You really should just switch to auto m8, if stick shift gets you this mad.
>>
Ahh back on /o/. A happy place to discuss cars intellectually
>>
File: vanha_romu_2.jpg (361 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
vanha_romu_2.jpg
361 KB, 1200x750
>>14725074
I used to like stance, prior to 2010 or so
>>
>>14726002
+1
>>
>>14726234
Lol stfu faggot
>>
I like the interior of the new GTR.
>>
>>14726443
>You really should just switch to auto m8
I fully intend to. I'm getting too old for tiny little sports cars anyway, and I'm tired of having to borrow my brother's truck every time I need to go to the hardware store and shit. I'm just waiting for a good used 2-door 3rd gen Sierra to pop up
>>
I really want a Suzuki Cappuccino, it seems wildly under powered, but there's something about having such a small car that intrigues me
>>
I think about financing a basic as fuck manual corolla because I actually really like the new corollas
>>
I want to rice my 2015 Fiesta.
>>
>my daily car is the fastest car ive driven (160hp over 1600kg) and i refuse to drive other fast cars to avoid breaking my misbelief
>The Mazda 3 sedan is the best looking sedan on the market atm
>I think any commodore after and including the VN are fast, even the 6
>I think the FGx looks great and the VF Commonwhore is very nice
>I dont like working on cars, even if its upgrades as i only really like driving them
>i love seeing skids, drifts and burnouts on public roads while commuting and laugh hysterically watching
>>
File: image.png (372 KB, 680x456) Image search: [Google]
image.png
372 KB, 680x456
>>14725074
>>
I think autos are more at home in luxobarges. That includes bmw, although the manual is still nice.
>>
>>14725074

i did 9/11
>>
>>14726509
I still do, but only if it's on shitboxes. Stanced S2000s and stuff like that just make me cringe

>inb4 S2K is a shitbox
>>
I like this car, and would buy one it if it wasn't just a shitty hybrid

>>14726895
do it. get some sparco wheels, wing risers, splitter, window tints, and all kinds of shit

dildo shifter
>>
>>14725074
the actual 2016 prius looks even dumber than that picture
>>
>>14727509
I suck at including pics
>>
I want a Fiat 500 Abarth

I think for the average person, a compact/subcompact car is infinitely more practical than all these dumb CUVs, SUVs, and trucks I see on the road.
>>
File: 1441392140507.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1441392140507.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
I used the fart can it came with as a bargaining chip while I was buying my WRX, but I secretly wanted it.
>>
>>14727634
I want a regular fiat 500, manual, with the "retro" package.

Also an old 500 to sit next to the other in the garage
>>
File: 2015-fiat5001957-retro.jpg (102 KB, 744x406) Image search: [Google]
2015-fiat5001957-retro.jpg
102 KB, 744x406
>>14727671
Likea da dis pisan
>>
>>14727638
the WRX i want has one, and I'm praising him for it to get on his good side
>>
>>14727671
not wanting a 600 or 850
>plebs everywhere
>>
>>14727701
Burger here, gonna have to look those up, we literally only get the 500 and the "big" 500
>>
>>14727700
What year, how many miles, how much and how hard did he beat it
>>
I love tiny cars with tiny engines and then trying to squeeze a tiny bit more power out of them
>>
File: 2016-toyota-prius-gt300.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-toyota-prius-gt300.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
This Prius looks cool at least.
>>
>>14727730
02, 261K, and its in decent shape. Decent is used lightly. Compression issue on piston 1

I just wanna buy it, fix it, then have my own WRX
>>
>>14727783
Money sink.
>>
>>14727791
of course, I'm willing to do it tho, its my dream car
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 264x191
I genuinely like the 4th generation Corvette, and think that it's a pretty good car considering the period when it was built
>>
>>14727783
Hope you're not paying more than $3k for that, man. $2k if it's an AA transmission
>>
>>14726112
just get a shitbox as a dd faggot
>>
>>14725074
>he bought a prius
>it gets worse mileage than a TDI Jetta
>women laugh at him every time they see him pull over
>he'll have to spend a fortune in batteries sooner or later
>it's dirtier than a coal rolling Cummins even before you start it up
>his car is made with nickel from a dirty mine in Canada that destroys the environment
>he's a total asshat in traffic
>he brake checks at people for driving nicer cars
>he goes at 40 mph in the fast lane
>he blocks people all the time
>he doesn't know how to merge
>he thinks he's saving the planet
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it for free
>it is the only joy he gets out of his sad existence
>he will never have a girlfriend
>>
>>14726002
agreed, justified rice isn't just rice anymore
>>
Fully electric cars interest me.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.