[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning to drive six/seven speed auto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I've been driving the standard auto trans my entire life. Recently, just got a 2103 G37 IPL as a hamidown, and a buddy tried to give me an introduction on how to operate the seven speed auto.

Turns out I'm shit at it. Are there any decent resources online that will help me get into the practicing phase? I'm decent at upshifting, but downshifting and rev matches are my pitfall
>>
File: 1265-3[1].jpg (23 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1265-3[1].jpg
23 KB, 400x250
>>14724682

Now this is shitposting, mate.
>>
>>14724682
>but downshifting and rev matches are my pitfall

You and everyone else. Practice. Also, doesn't the Infinity have the same rev match shit as the Z?
>>
Is the car more intelligent than you?
>>
>>14724682
>hamidown
It a hand me down, buddy.
>>
this is bait
>>
>>14724682
> Auto
> Learning

Try again.
>>
>>14724682
I've got a 6MT IPL and I was excited when I saw the pic. Opened the thread and ruined my night. Leave it in D if you're too retarded to shift with paddles.

>>14724699
With the 7 speed auto, yes they both rev match downshifts. It's actually a pretty damn good auto.

For some reason, the G37 6MT doesn't have the synchro rev-match that the 370Z got, despite being the same gearbox. I looked into adding the feature to my IPL but found that it would require dropping the tranny, tapping it for a sensor to tell the ecu what gear you select and then a 370Z ecu reflash to make it work. (nismo in the case of my IPL) Also needed to mount and wire a switch in the cabin to turn it on off on account of no paddles.

So instead of all that shit, I went out and learned how to rev match and heel toe. Learned in a day, got good in a week.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.