[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are us burgercans such cucks we don't have a autobahn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x400
Why are us burgercans such cucks we don't have a autobahn system? Too much freedom for the serfs?
>>
It's not like it won't be long until our autobahn system gets canned. Stupid people are complaining a lot already and they're usually the ones being listened to.
>>
>>14721640
I think the Autobahn system will only be canned over the ADAC's dead body, and that thing is more powerful than the cigarette and alcohol lobby folded into one.
>>
Because it just wont work when you got "Mr. I'm free to go the speed limit in the left lane"...

Most people are wayyy tooo fucking stupid to deal with normal speeds, are always on the phone and never check their rear view mirrors. Not a good combination of things when you got cars going 200mph.
>>
File: 35373o.jpg (22 KB, 300x185) Image search: [Google]
35373o.jpg
22 KB, 300x185
>driver license in burgerland: a few bucks, a few weeks at most

>driver license in germoney: >€1800, usually several months of education

then you want burgers to drive over 140mph when they don't even know how to change lanes properly?

are you fucking serious?
>>
>>14722095
>your greentexts here

The results are basically the same, though. Besides, being expensive and long does not mean good. For me, the practical was piss easy, basically not having to do anything to show I can actually drive. Go 3 miles there, turn around, drive 3 miles back, that's it.
>>
>>14722109
>The results are basically the same, though
They aren't. There are a lot less accidents and fatalities per vehicle kilometer travelled in Germany. Less than half I think.
>>
>>14722116
Maybe we're just better at avoiding shit, because we're used to narrower roads and weirder traffic/road flow through towns and cities... no idea.
>>
only weenies follow the speed limit anyway

on the freeways where i live everybody in the left lane goes at least 85mph
>>
File: 1453619216877.gif (3 MB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
1453619216877.gif
3 MB, 333x250
>>14722109
>The results are basically the same, though.

>Besides, being expensive and long does not mean good.
>>
>>14722137
What are you trying to say there?
>>
Because US roads are just some bumpy asphalt or concrete dumped onto the dirt below with no guardrails, because you can get drivers licenses out of vending machines in the US, and because no one actually checks if vehicles are road safe in the US. The freedom of going fast comes with a lot of other obligations, such as expensive to build and maintain roads, $1,000 driving licenses including two dozen theoretical and practical lessons each, and thorough safety inspections biannually and whenever you modify your vehicle in any way further than type approved performance-unrelated bolt-on parts.
>>
>>14722143
he has experience with black gigolos
>>
>>14722109
The results are not the same at all. To pass the drivers' course in Germany you even need arithmetic to calculate the rough stopping distance depending on speed and road condition. This is indeed on the test. The huge money investment into the license keeps people from doing stupid shit if they want to keep it. It is taken very seriously.

You need to consider, in the states it is very easy and cheap to get a license but the fines kick your ass up and down the street if you do something wrong. Parking or speeding tickets easily go into the hundreds of dollars. In Germany, getting the license is expensive but the tickets rarely go over 50 euro, and if they do you did something seriously wrong, which usually incurs "points" on your license and may lead to it being revoked. And fines and penalties are very integrated into the whole insurance process, which affects your long term ability to keep and operate a car.

So the stakes are different, you know? If you do wrong in the states you pay loadsa money but unless you kill someone I believe you are usually left to keep driving. If you do wrong in Germany you get your license revoked and get extra lessons ordained to you by the court. And if you fuck up all the way all you get to drive forever are those 45kmh limited actual shitboxes. Stakes, bro, stakes.
>>
>>14722175
germany is the most autistic country in the world
>>
>>14722183
We wear zat badge with pride ja!
>>
>>14722175
Since I am German, I would argue most of your first paragraph is basically wrong. Didn't need anything maths on my theoretical at least. It's all multiple choice and memorization anyway. It would be so much better if you'd have to describe the solution in your own words.

Hell, I have fucking paranoia with 3 different town-plates around here. They're THAT bad at driving. Never relax around LIP, HF and WAF.
They pull some scary shit.

>If you do wrong in Germany you get your license revoked and get extra lessons ordained to you by the court.

Takes a lot to get there and doesn't include not getting caught with bad road behavior. It's all a matter of things actually being fined. And lots of shit that should get licenses pulled doesn't get noted, because of lack of police. And dash-cams are illegal (well, you can have them, but aren't allowed to film other vehicles).
>>
>>14722201
>Bayern
>Germany

No.
>>
>>14722224
More like
>Germany
>Bayern
No
>>
also Germ here. I had to calculate the stopping distance on my test, 10 years ago. Don't know if they changed it since then.

>(well, you can have them, but aren't allowed to film other vehicles).

yeah come on as German you should know why we don't want this. You would have 70year old fucks driving around and record every little mistake and spam the living shit out of court system.

The current systems is quite good

>you can record
>you can't put it on youtube with numberplates

ok if no one complains theres no problem

>judge decides if it can be used as evidence
there were quite a few cases where dash cam footage was used.
>>
DEUTSCHFADEN
EBIN :-DDDD
>>
File: 00514246_jbh.jpg (78 KB, 1200x813) Image search: [Google]
00514246_jbh.jpg
78 KB, 1200x813
>>14722453
>>
>>14722440
>there were quite a few cases where dash cam footage was used.

Didn't know that. Only ever heard the opposite, quite often.
>>
>>14722466
jaja
>>
>>14722175
>the tickets rarely go over 50 euro

I paid 94€ for doing 92 Km/h in a pointless 70 Km/h zone and if I get caught doing more than 20 over within a year I might lose my license for a month or so

>>14722217
Yeah drivers from the next district over are always the worst. Never relax near KA if you like your life/ride
>>
>>14721625
>wanting to be anything like Refugermany

stop being a cuck
>>
>>14722753
>if one thing is wrong with something everything else is wrong with it too
>>
>>14722760
yes
now go prep the bull hans
>>
>>14722731

>I paid 94€ for doing 92 Km/h in a pointless 70 Km/h zone and if I get caught doing more than 20 over within a year I might lose my license for a month or so

bullshit

after tolerance that is 19Km/h which is 30€/35€ in town.
even if 92 Km/h is after tolerance thats about 70€ and one point.
>>
>>14722765
t. Jamal Tyrone
>>
>>14722806
>bullshit
22 too fast after tolerance, outside of town (Bundesstraße) 70€ + 24€ court fees + 1 point
You want me to upload the invoice (Bußgeldbescheid) ?
>>
What do you guys think of this?

https://www.motorists.org/press/montana-no-speed-limit-safety-paradox/

>add posted speed limits
>accident rate doubles
>>
>>14722095
>be kraut
>paid 2680€ for my license

kill me
>>
File: 1447016210668.jpg (25 KB, 463x351) Image search: [Google]
1447016210668.jpg
25 KB, 463x351
>tfw you drive a shitty 2door yaris
>tfw everyone on the interstate goes 10-15mph above the limit all the time
>tfw i do the speed limit and be the absolute slowest car on the road
>tfw my car literally feels like it's going to fall apart at 75mph and I'm only the second slowest car on the interstate

It seems there are so few cars in America designed to go above 70mph without revving to hell and chugging gas at an unreal rate. Why go fast when your mpg practically drops to single digits?

Also, if there was an autobahn can you imagine a Durango with a empty ultra long 2 wheel trailer hitch doing 100mph? You just know there are enough retards here to pull something as dumb and cause insane wrecks.
>>
>>14722095
Unfortunately, we kind of need such loose licensing due to our geographic layout. Public transportation just doesn't work, everyone needs a car.
>>
>>14723770
This so much.

Literally everyone needs a car to be a productive citizen in North America, unless you live in New York or the GTA something. Everything's too far away and public transport is too inconvenient and unreliable.

t. someone who would never pass Germany's driving tests because of neurological problems but literally needs a truck for work
>>
>>14723770

Because such a huge number of people need to be driving, training becomes even more important.

The only reason traffic happens in my area is because so few can even merge into a highway successfully.
>>
>>14721625
You can't be trusted with the speeds you do already. Your cars suck, you don't maintain the roads, your driving licenses are basically rubber stamps, and YOU TEXT WHILE FUCKING DRIVING. CONSTANTLY.

I'm all for it. Anything that reduces the amount of stupid Americans would be a great thing.
>>
>>14723366
Correlation =/= causation. The rise in accidents can have any number of reasons, such as dumbed down drivers on all seasons.

Also it's been proven time and time again that the main cause for highway accidents are high speed differences. It's safer for everyone to go slow or everyone to speed than it is to go vastly different speeds unless you're extensively trained for it like ze Shermans. On the Autobahn the speed DIFFERENCE alone between lorries and the fastest cars can be 100 mph, it's physically impossible for this to be a safe construct by default, you need skilled drivers for it to work.
>>
>>14722806
ok I never got a point but the part where you can't have multiple points within a year is not true. I heard after like 4 or so you get a warning first.
>>
Excellent thread, upvoted
>>
>>14723971
None of the things you said is actually correct, though.

Well, except for
>Correlation =/= causation
Just not in this context.
>>
>>14723770
>Public transportation just doesn't work
>mfw Stuttgart
It does, if you layer a bus network on top of a tram network on top of a subway network. Do you even public transport!?
>>
>implying the average American can be trusted driving with no speed limits
>>
>>14725478
Read my whole fucking post dipshit. Because of our geography, it doesn't work.
>>
>>14722175
In the US you also get points and loss your license for a lot of things, particularly driving while intoxicated. That's a real license loser, but there ate plenty of others. The real difference is that because it's so easy to get become a "driver" in the first place at 15 years old that people treat it like a god given right and even when they lose their license they just continue driving illegally.
>>
>>14723646
my jeep can do 100 but anything above 75 gets real spooky
>>
>>14725577
It's funny because the drunk driving limit in the US is 1.6 times as high as in Germany and still people get busted for drunk driving more.
>>
>>14724154
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/wcm/road_safety/erso/knowledge/Content/20_speed/speed_and_accident_risk.htm
>>
>>14729045
Wat. Shit, ours is .08. So you could get a DUI in Germany if you had recently smelled alcohol? lol
>>
>>14723637
You must have had a stupid amount of lessons.
I'm from Sweden and that is the average cost for a license.
I took 5 70minute lessons and 1 35minute lesson. Leaving me around 1k EUR.
>>
>>14729056
If I understand the conversion between your measuring system and ours, the limit in Germany is around 0.05.
>>
>>14729054
The technical aspects (reaction time, brake distances) are all well and fine. But it's the wrong way to look at things. It's not speed that causes accidents. It does, of course, increase severity in case of accidents.
That study is pointless, because it doesn't take into account the circumstances of the accident.
A generalized look at POSSIBLE accident rates over all types of road helps no one.
Because, for example, unrestricted Autobahn accidents and fatalities have declined, whereas rural accidents and deaths are rising.

Focusing on one aspect only is unscientific and wrong. Also pointless, unless you want to put pressure on restricting speeds on roads, for which this is the perfect kind of "study".
>>
>>14725567
He can't. His kraut eyes have got the downs
>>
>>14721625

>driver's license in murrika: "USA #1. POINT AT THE VEEEEEEE-AAATEE AND PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE! ALSO PRAY FOR LOW GAS PRICES OKAY HEREUGO DRIVE SAFELY OR NOT"

>driver's license in Germany: expensive and takes months
>>
>>14722731

HD-fags are easily the worst!
>>
>>14729075
It's medical. It's the same measurement. There is no "imperial system BAL measurement." .05 is pretty low. But so is .08.
>>
File: image004.gif (903 B, 284x126) Image search: [Google]
image004.gif
903 B, 284x126
>>14729080
I'm in favor of tackling all other factors contributing to accident rates before limiting speed, but claiming that speed has nothing to do with accident risk is just ignorant.
>>
>>14729094
It's not quite exactly the same measurement. The US measure percent of volume, Germany measures permille of mass. The conversion factor is 9.45, so 0.5‰ (permille) in Germany (the legal limit) is 0.053% (percent) in the US.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.