[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ please recommend a good set of all season tires. They will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bfg_prem_tour_1000.jpg (139 KB, 1000x1240) Image search: [Google]
bfg_prem_tour_1000.jpg
139 KB, 1000x1240
/o/ please recommend a good set of all season tires.

They will be used on a Subaru Forester and may see some dirt roads occasionally.

Currently I have these BFGoodrich Touring tires on it, and they are very noisy and worn, time for a replacement.
>>
>>14720767
>search tirerack.com
>sort by customer review
>buy the first result
PROFIT!
>>
continental extremecontact DWS
>>
>>14720767

>all-season tires
>good

Better to just have a summer set and a winter set and change between them.
>>
>>14720767
What size do you need? That's the most important place to start if you're gonna ask for tire advice.
>>
>>14720767
Get summer and winter tires instead, all season tires are pure doo-doo in most cases
>>
>>14720942
This to be honest.
>>14723815
If it snows once a year where you live, winter tires are the meme.
>>
>>14723903
But does it stay below 45C for any extended period of time?
>>
>>14723937
45F / 7C*
>>
>>14720942
It's a forester. I'd just get Truecontact DWS. No reason to go real expensive for something that's not even a performance car.
>>
File: michelin-cross-climate.jpg (226 KB, 830x499) Image search: [Google]
michelin-cross-climate.jpg
226 KB, 830x499
>>14720767
Pic. related is highly praised in Europe and UK.
>>
>>14720767
>All seasons
Literally buy the cheapest set of summer/competition and winter tires. Winters can go on a set of steelies from the junkyard for $8/corner.
>>
I'm having good success with BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S but they might be more 'performance oriented' than you're looking for on a Forester.

>inb4 lol there is no such thing as performance all seasons
>>
>>14724170
There is such a thing, but it's pointless. To reiterate: It's a fucking Forester, not a race car.
>>
>>14724190
So put some shitty run of the mill 50k treadlife a/s tires on it m8, don't know why you're soliciting /o/ for opinions on tires with negligible differences on a shitbox. when you put it like that.
>>
>>14720767
>If there is standing snow less than one week out of the year
Just use summer tires and call in sick on snowy days
>If there is standing snow more than one week out of the year
Get a set of cheap snow tires on cheap wheels

Why would anyone ever want all seasons? Do you honestly expect to be caught in a surprise blizzard at some point within the next two years?
>>
>>14724216

>just call in sick

Lol what, you can drive summer tires on standing snow. Jesus you guys suck at driving.
>>
>>14723937
Not really. Outside of a week long cold spell, it's probably upper 20s for a low and lower 50s for a high for about two months.
>>
>>14724290
continental extremecontact DW
>>
I took the liberty of guessing your tire size OP, not my problem if it's wrong. (215/60R16) You don't fucking need summer and winter tires for a Forester unless it's WRX/STi swapped or whatever. It's perfectly capable on all-season tires.

The Sumitomo HTR P-02 A/S are an EXCELLENT bang for your buck, put a set on a friend's Outback and they LOVE these tires. Sometimes they're a bit noisy on shitty grooved pavement, but whatever. They get through everything.

The Continental PureContact is another awesome all-round performer that's a bit comfier/quieter, but also a bit pricier. But if you value those qualities, they're worth it.

If you follow >>14720796 's advice, you get these top 5:
>Pirelli Cinturato P7 - a great tire, but better suited for sedans
>a couple Michelins - hugely overpriced, acceptable performance, but really only good for quiet and comfort
>Continental PureContact (stated above)
>Bridgestone DriveGuard - 'meh'...nothing to write home about
>General Altimax RT43 - a surprisingly great tire, despite being pretty basic
>>
Michelin Sport Pilot As/3
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.