[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>driving on interstate >some faggot tries to get in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 22
File: 1459038481598.jpg (70 KB, 489x540) Image search: [Google]
1459038481598.jpg
70 KB, 489x540
>driving on interstate
>some faggot tries to get in my lane
>hits my car
>signal them to pull over with me
>they speed up
>chase them
>chase lasts for about 10 minutes, still on the interstate
> i wasn't trying to hurt them, i just wanted them to stop so we could exchange information
>they start to turn to takethe exit off of the interstate
>im nearly tailgating them
>they probably think i am trying to kill them
>theyre going too fast, and the exit is a sort of curved road, recommended speed is 25 mph
>we were both going 90+ when we started exiting and entered the curved road
>i slow down, ive been on the road before and didn't want to risk flipping
>they continue on at 90
>they must have been turning their heads to see why wasn't close to them anymore
>they fly off the road and into a tree
>i freak out, i cant believe what i just saw
>i snap out of it and stay on the road, i nearly lost control of my own car when i zoned out
>just keep driving
>don't look back
>there weren't any other cars taking the exit, but there were definitely some cars on the interstate that saw us enter the exit
>i don't feel like typing the rest of this

I called 911 as soon as i could. I didn't tell them i was involved.

I think i killed someone today.
When i got to my apartment and looked at the damage on my car, i could hardly make out where the damage was.
Someone might have died because i didn't want a barely visible dent on my car.

I feel like someone definitely died, but i have no idea if anyone really did or not.
>>
>>14719704
This is fake. If it isn't you didn't kill anyone, they killed themselves. Are you a BLM supporter by any chance?
>>
>>14719704
Dash cam or BTFO
>>
You didn't make them do that dumb ass. It wasn't your fault. They were running from you because they didn't want to pay for the damage they did to your car.
>>
>>14719704

Not your fault.

How hard would it have been for them to just pull over and deal with it.

They were either autistic or illegals.
>>
Only mistake was not pulling over and getting the insurance info from the glovebox.
>>
As soon as they hit you you should memorize the plate and stop. If they keep going then you report a hit and run. But since you followed them you turned it into a road rage incident and is now your fault.
>>
Their own idiocy killed them. Ive had people flee after hitting me and they should at the very least have their vehicles taken from them.
>>
>>14719736
> liberals
>>
>>14719736
Go choke to death on a cock. Your mentality is the downfall of humanity.
>>
File: 1417296672805.jpg (21 KB, 468x294) Image search: [Google]
1417296672805.jpg
21 KB, 468x294
>>14719725
>Are you a BLM supporter by any chance?
>>
>>14719725

Nah if he was a BLM supporter he would have been standing in the road blocking it instead of in a car chasing mexican sideswipers.
>>
Opie if this is true you did God's work today. Please continue cleansing the roads of subhuman filth.
>>
>>14719736
> now your fault

actually kill yourself
>>
File: 545163545465.jpg (421 KB, 1700x1348) Image search: [Google]
545163545465.jpg
421 KB, 1700x1348
>years ago
>cruisin at speed limit 5-10+, left most lane, 2-3am
>inna na FC on I-90 going westbound in downtown chicago (multicolored pos car posted in the Rx7 thread somewhere here)
>downtown chicago has lane merges from left and right
>a wild car appears from left merge lane
>I didn't notice
>don't give space to merge but ahead by 3/4 car length
>feel a bump from my rear driver side
>wtf.jpg
>look at mirrors
>other driver panic brake
>turn towards concrete barrier
>panics again
>turn towards me
>accelerate out of the way
>other driver spins out across 3 lanes and gets t-boned by trailer truck
>witness the whole thing in rear view
>deeeeennnnngggg.jpg
>fuckit, keep driving
>go home and see rear quarter panel bent inwards about 6in
>sadface
>>
>>14719704
First off, you used your cell phone, so if the person survived, they could find out who you are. I know exactly how you feel that you could have killed someone over something so piddly.

I had my gsxr 1000 k7 travelling down some back roads towards my neighborhood. This rich neighborhood I had to wind through had a back entrance to my neighborhood and I wanted to take it to avoid authority figures.. I just wanted to make it back to a friend's place to pick something up and head back. As I was pulling in, a srt 4 was pulling out and revved his engine at me. I didn't want to race, I just thought it would be fun, so I turned around and went back out of the entrance and saw he was already going a good speed. I passed him doing 120+, got back into the right lane and figured since I'm now doing 140, I mise well try to go as fast as possible. Once 5th maxed out I glanced down and saw 187. I slow down to about 120, thinking I now have a pretty cool story to tell my buddy when I got back, then I saw the headlights coming up behind me. I huge the right white line and he flys by me, so I speed up to 120 again and finally realize what I'm doing, so I start to slow down. There's a huge pot hole on the right side of the lane, he nails it and it sends his car almost completely sides, making his car swerve side to side when it came down. I continue down the road and realize he's trying to get away from me, then I hit a U-turn over double yellow because there was noone else out. I came to an epiphany that it's not you who will kill yourself, it's you who will kill other people.
>>
>>14719704
>They tried to hit and run
>Felony

You did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14719704
if true literally did nothing wrong
>>
>all these idiots saying OP did nothing wrong

He chased someone down and while in pursuit they crashed their car and maybe died. Then just fucking drove away. He definitely has some fault here
>>
>>14719704
hahahhahahaaha
>>
>>14719704
Its not your fault someone got hurt for taking a turn at almost 4 times the recommended speed. Sucks, but you can't teach stupid, op.

As long as they didn't get seriously hurt I think you're just about even.
>>
>>14719926

>Someone dies while committing a felony
>OP's at fault

lolwut. This is like complaining when a nigger dies while robbing a bank. Boo hoo, why evil po po shoot him? He din du nuffin'. He a good boy. Need mo' money fo' dem programs.
>>
>>14719926
Are you a genuine retard, or do you just play one on the internet?
>>
File: 1455663718017.jpg (88 KB, 623x757) Image search: [Google]
1455663718017.jpg
88 KB, 623x757
>Read this thread
Fuck americans cant drive at all
>>
File: how-to-attack-the-infidel.jpg (146 KB, 527x800) Image search: [Google]
how-to-attack-the-infidel.jpg
146 KB, 527x800
>>14719926

If they didn't run none of this would have happened
>if it even happened
>>
>>14720145
>>14720165

If he didn't chase them at 90mph for 10 minutes then they most likely wouldn't have slammed into a tree. It doesn't matter if the guy hit his car. If you chase someone down at high speeds and they crash because they are running away from you, then you absolutely have some liability. It was completely unnecessary for him to do that.

Most of the posters in this thread can't allow the police to do their job and find the guy who hit their car. They have to be, or encourage, being an autism vigilante and chase down, tailgate, and cause someone to crash at 90mph. If you can't see that OP actually is going to get into a lot of shit, then you're fucked in the head.
>>
>>14719726
>btfo
>>
>>14719704
Although I kind of agree it wasn't your fault, be aware of eye witnesses and cameras, because there was once a far far aunt if mine who got rear ended at the exit of an ez pass toll booth and lost control of her car sending her to the side of the road and hitting a concrete barrier (she almost ended paraplegic from that crash). The one who crashed her ran away, but was eventually found 3 weeks later, and mind that this happened in Argentina, so it should come down to a couple of days or a week until they find you, if you're here
>>
>>14720222
So you are genuinely retarded then.
>>
>>14720254
0/10
>>
>>14720222
>allow the police to do their job and find the guy who hit their car
yeah right
>>
>>14719734
underrated toast
>>
>>14720222
in reality, this guy is 100% on point. OP should have used that phone to take a picture or write down the plate then back off. Even if the driver swiped OP and ran, OP should be in jail right now for reckless endangerment on state highways. I hope that's where he ends up.
>>
>>14720342
>>14720222
Libcucks/eurocucks get out

It wasn't like he went full dredd on them and ran them off the road. He literally followed them to get the other person's info. People committing felonies should expect to be killed. Live by the x, die by the x.
>>
>>14719736
Look at all the butthurt fags respond to you acting like it's your fault that's the way the world works. I seriously hope none of
>>14719742
>>14719785
those people ever have to deal with a legal problem, they'd be a lawyer's worst nightmare.
>>
>>14720425
OP was committing a different crime which resulted in bodily injury. should be in jail/10. you're a fuckin retard bru.
>>
>>14720425
He tailgated him at 90mph that's pretty fucking life threatening.

But you're right. OP might as well have just taken a shotgun and blasted the guy that hit him because it was a felony.
>>
faggot deserved it for committing a hit and run
>>
>>14720432
What crime would that be? Is it illegal to follow someone on a public motorway? There was no prior harassment. There was no conspiracy beforehand to follow or harass this person. All this man wanted to do was to check up on the other person, and swap information. There was nothing nefarious about his behavior.
>>
>>14720222
If they didnt run away instead of pulling over they would have never crashed
OP slowed down, they kept going fast, then they crashed.

Stop being contrarian.
>>
>>14720444
He was merely following the person at 90 mph to check on them and exchange information. Tailgating and speeding may not be good driving, but it is at most a citeable offense, well below what constitutes a misdemeanor (in most states).
>>
>>14720342
Yes OP should have used his phone while driving to take a photo of someone speeding away! How do you breath by yourself?
>>
>>14719704

Check the local news. Some Corvette and Audi S4 were racing and the Corvette took my exit...at about 160mph. For a second, I thought he made it, but then I saw his rear lights in the rearview.

Pulled over, walked up, took me a second to get ready to look. Dude was covered in blood, hanging in his seat upside down, could smell the alcohol over the crash.

Cop drove by and saw my car with emergency lights on while I was on phone with 911. Waved him over. Hung around until ambulance showed up telling the guy to stop moving because he was making it worse. Cop didn't care at all, just sat in his car. Probably smart because torn fuel lines.

Anyway, it was on all the local news sites the next day, apparently he was airlifted to a hospital.
>>
>>14720459
grow a brainstem you fucking moron.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=23001-24000&file=23100-23135
dude should be in fucking jail

>>14720479
obviously had no problem fucking around being a racerboy vigilante fucktard. should have been able to scribble something down instead of kill someone. if all else fails, forget that dude. its not worth it - EVER.
>>
>>14720467
They kept going fast because he was chasing them. If he would have stopped trying to take matters into his own hands and let the police get the guy, then the odds that no one would have gotten killed are much better. OP should be held accountable for what happened, because he is the reason it happened.

>>14720472
>He was merely following the person at 90 mph to check on them and exchange information

shit bait
>>
>>14720494
>letting people with no lane awareness live
>caring that people who can't even be decent enough to swap insurance information die

just leave and take your shitty opinions with you
>>
>>14720494
But sir, many people do 90 on the freeway all the time. While it is speeding, precedent states that it usually isn't reckless driving. In addition to that at the time of the accident OP was not partaking in any punishable offense, and was not in proximity to the felon. This is a clear case of the felon having an unfortunate incident on his own while fleeing the scene of a crime.
>>
>>14720494
writing something down or using your phone while driving (when you are trying to chase someone speeding also) is far more dangerous than traveling at 90mph on the interstate
stay retarded

>>14720530
>OP should be held accountable for what happened, because he is the reason it happened
Yep, OP somehow was mind controlling the guy and made him speed, and made him lose control of his vehicle. Totally wasnt the hit and run guys fault.
>>
>>14720530
Sir, the burden is on you, the accuser of OP, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that OP had intent to harm the felon during the incident. If I run after you because you accidentally took a belonging of mines in an area that has clearly posted signage indicating running is not allowed, and you slip and fall due to the speed of the chase, I am clearly not liable for your injuries.
>>
>>14720544
>>14720552
>this fucking delusion that if someone hits you're car they should die.
>delusion levels so high that they literally think 90 mph isn't reckless driving and OK
>failing to see that OP literally chased the man who is scared and fleeing into a fucking tree at 90mph.
>>
stay ass blasted liberal do gooder faggots. OP is alive because hes alpha, shit cunt has his brains splattered all overwindshield because hes a pussy scum bag piece of shit, also a poor driver. was probably also DRUNK thats why he fled the scene instead of pulling over and having the police get involved. its easter weekend after all.
its not like OP pit maneuvered him or anything :^)
>>
>>14720578
>this fucking delusion that if someone hits you're car they should die.
no one implied that

>delusion levels so high that they literally think 90 mph isn't reckless driving and OK
hitting someone and running away is fine though??

>failing to see that OP literally chased the man who is scared and fleeing into a fucking tree at 90mph
op let off, shit cunt continued and ran into the tree at his own fault. OP was no where near the other car when he ran off the road

keep trying!
>>
>>14720578
Sir, if you were to accidentally damage my belongings while we were both in a public place, and I chased after you to inform you of your mistake in an area that specifically prohibits moving at a rate of speed faster than "walking", I would not be liable for the damages you would incur if you slipped and fell while breaking the "speed limit" of the area.
>>
>>14720578
Here's the thing: people that drive intoxicated, or without insurance, or have warrants so that they don't want police involved, are not people we want on our highways and roads.
If they're retarded enough to run from a traffic incident (a felony) that wasn't even serious, they caused their own death. Unless you're in an f1 car there's no way to take an exit at that speed and walk away.
>>
Wait am I on /o/ or /pol/? What the fuck.
>>
>>14720619
Neither. This is /dumbass/
>>
File: 1362273110573.jpg (92 KB, 650x657) Image search: [Google]
1362273110573.jpg
92 KB, 650x657
>>14720619

We've transcended your paltry labels.

THIS IS THE TRUMP TRAIN BITCH AND THERE ARE NO BRAKES.
>>
r*ported :v)

hiroshima gonna give ur IP to the cops
>>
>>14719704
You're fucking filth, I actually do hope you get arrested.
>>
>>14720633
fuck off americuck
>>
File: 1459006783677.jpg (51 KB, 555x344) Image search: [Google]
1459006783677.jpg
51 KB, 555x344
>>14719726
>or BTFO
>>
>>14720619

>Anyone who disagrees with me is hitler

Fucking faggot

>hit someone, commit felony, commit numerous other crimes, endanger self and others, ??????????, die

"Not at all that guy's fault lol"

Even if OP is legally liable, he is not morally liable.
>>
>>14720667
Literally who are you even quoting?
>>
>>14720654
L o L hope you enjoy mohammad's dick tonight you europoor cuck.
>>
>>14720667
also, our good friend Charles Darwin had some ideas about what happens to stupid beings, and morals don't really enter into it
>>
>>14720674
except I am not an europoor,dumb americuck

enjoy tyrones's dick

>>14720667
>he is not morally liable.
literally irrelevant
>>
> I make the point that OP is legally liable for that persons injuries

>all of /o/ in it's entirety spergs out and tries to refute me.

>Doesn't listen to any valid points at all

He didn't deserve to die because he swiped OPs car. Op WOULDN'T be liable for this mans injuries if he had NOT gone full autismo vigilante in an attempt to fix his small dent. But he did and someone is injured or dead because of it. Way to go, fucking idiots.
>>
>>14720691
L o L he isn't even a europoor. How is the 2nd/3rd world treating you? Canada is now a 2nd word country thanks to importation of more allah akbars. Also you seem to forget that at the time of the accident OP was not in proximity, or chasing, the felon. If was running after you a minute ago, but stopped, and you decided to run onto a highway while I was no where in proximity to you, then I am not held liable for your damages.
>>
>>14720710
>OP wasn't chasing the felon at the time of the accident

If I ran after you, but stopped, and was not in proximity to you, and you ran into a railroad crossing and got creamed, I wouldn't be responsible for your death.
>>
>>14720671

The first line is a paraphrase of the post I was replying to. The second part isn't a quote, it's action greentext.

>>14720680

>what happens to stupid beings
>stupid

How do you even fuck up Darwinian theory this badly? There's nothing about his theory that even comes close to mentioning stupidity. Stupidity can be an adaptive trait (and is; look at the radical christfag and mudshit birth rates and compare them to university-educated plebs).

>>14720691
>literally irrelevant

It's not though, since none of us are going to be enforcing law against OP, liability depends on where he lives, and our discussion is doubly irrelevant as it will have no effect on the course of events he experiences. The only relevant question is the moral question. All the armchair lawfagging is just shitposting
>>
>>14720732
Lmao, got any citations for that hot opinion of yours? Like you, I'm not a lawyer, but it makes logical sense that you'd be responsible, since you were the one that escalated the situation.
>>
>>14719725
FPBP
>>
>>14720721
>Canada is now a 2nd word country.

Do you mean they are allies of the Soviet Union now?
>>
>>14720710
> I make the point that OP is legally liable for that persons injuries
Prove it. OP stopped chasing well before he ran off the road. Its the idiots fault he crashed and any court of law would agree.
>>
>>14720737
The course of action "you" (referenced in my early example) continued in your course of action was committed without the imminent influence of my actions. I am not responsible for any actions you undertake on your own while I am not even in proximity of you.
>>
>>14720737
>since you were the one that escalated the situation
The one who escalated the situation is the drunk /illegal/unlicensed/person with a warrant who committed a hit and run and proceeded to speed away from the scene.
>>
>>14720746

If that's what he meant, he's right. Current Year Weed Dude is besties with Castro and basically wants to be a Maoist.
>>
>>14720758
Where'd you get your degree in Armchair Law? Seems pretty prestigious.
>>
>>14720746
With that new PM they might as well be. Fucking socialists.
>>
>>14719926
That's not fault faggot, that's success.

People who hit and run are scum whose death improves the world.
>>
>>14720760
How do you even begin to make the conclusion that this person was drunk/illegal/unlicensed? What kind of fucked up assumptions are you making to get that far?
>>
>>14720765
While I am not a lawyer, as part of my education I have had to take several basic law classes. If I yell "hey" at you, and run after you, it isn't my responsibility if I stop, and you continue running onto a busy street.
>>
>>14720754
>stopped chasing well before he ran off the road
They both took the exit at 90mph, THEN he slowed down. It takes literally 5 seconds to go around a corner and fly off it at 90mph. HE WAS STILL IN PURSUIT IN THE TURN. He chased him into the crash you dolt.
>>
>>14720772
Those are the 3 most common reasons someone will flee the scene of an accident? It's common sense
>>
>>14720772
At the very least, he is a criminal for his hit and run.
>>
>>14720772
Who the fuck commits a FELONY over <$500 worth of civil damages without being drunk/illegal/unlicensed?
>>
>>14720772
Why else would someone hit and run? Use your fucking brain.
>>
>>14720794
>>14720785
>>14720791
These are not good reasons for why he could be drunk/illegal/unlicensed
>>
File: image.png (92 KB, 245x247) Image search: [Google]
image.png
92 KB, 245x247
>>14719725
>are you a blm supporter
>>
File: enhanced-5946-1423515137-2[1].jpg (88 KB, 625x614) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-5946-1423515137-2[1].jpg
88 KB, 625x614
>>14720721
tl;dr

>be american
>get shot
>>
so are we just going to argue whether op is in the wrong or not

he was just following them to get their insurance, not ramming them and running them off the road. i literally cannot see the issue

>>14719734
this was funny
>>
File: 814206047_2019824.gif (150 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
814206047_2019824.gif
150 KB, 245x320
>>14720736
morality is a spook
>>
>>14720803
>be europoor
>get shot anyway thanks to allah
>get bombed too
>>
>>14720785
>>14720791
Stop fucking generalizing and making assumptions; it's lazy and unbecoming.
>>
>>14720803
>be yuropoor
>

worse than getting shot
>>
File: 1356003792784.jpg (30 KB, 460x468) Image search: [Google]
1356003792784.jpg
30 KB, 460x468
>>14720822

no
>>
>>14720822
Nigger, feel free to explain the situation in which that generalization is not accurate.

Like if i see a fucking nigger walk into a gas station holding a gun and wearing a balaclava, am i meant to assume he's just there for a pepsi?
>>
>>14720812

Go home, Stirner, you're drunk and on the wrong board.

Tumblr is that way ----->>>>
>>
>>14720822
If the person was actually scared of OP, they would have stayed on the highway while calling 911 for a police intercept
>>
>>14720799
Yep, he totally didnt notice he hit someone! He didnt mean to run away he just didnt know any better! HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>14720821
>>14720832
>tell them im not a yuropoor
>"ur a yuropoor"

not very smart, /pol/
>>
>get rear ended in front of a casino
>pull off onto shoulder
>they speed off
>fuck no
>raise revs, drop clutch, engage pursuit
>call 911 to report hit and run, possible DUI
>give them vehicle deets and plate number
>told to stop pursuing
>stop for tacos
>and to look at my car
>CHP pulls into lot
>just so happens there's essentially no damage
>surface scratches at most, but nothing that can't be clayed or buffed out
>nothing worst than damage already there
>"would you like to press charges if, when we catch them?"
>"nah, thanks tho"
>CHP leaves
>finishing my tacos
>cunt pulls up in her CRV smelling like booze and old people perfume
>"WHY DID YOU CHASE A ME"
>"you hit my fucking car and wouldn't pull over"
>"I SAID A I WAS A SORRY WHAT A DO YOU WANT"
>"i called the cops, i have no more business with you"
>"YOU WANT INSURANCE? IM NOT ILLEGAL"
>at this point their presence is killing me more than the hit and run
>tell them to fuck off and i leave
I was just fortunate that there was no visible damage despite my car bouncing when she hit me. Hopefully she got nailed with a DUI or some shit, but it was beyond my concern at that point.
>>
>>14720834
So, everyone who commits a hit and run, 100%, absolutely, is either drunk/illegal/unlicensed?

The issue with your example is that if someone walks into a gas station, gun in hand, wearing a ski mask and pointing is that there is 100% a robbery or other crime happening. A better example is that everyone who robs a gas station is either drunk/illegal.
>>
>>14720845
You never said what you were, but that was my bad. No ids, and i'm typing something up while monitoring this thread so I'm not keeping track.
>>
File: 1431499230242.png (106 KB, 318x444) Image search: [Google]
1431499230242.png
106 KB, 318x444
>>14720839
>wrong board

this board is my property
>>
>>14720858

No it's not. There's only room for one autistic philosopher on /o/, and it's the real human bean.
>>
>>14720853
See there's your problem faggot, you're talking in 100%.

There's no such thing as 100% in anything, it's a lie. There's always a possibility for anything.

But you need to see that, at least 95% of the time, the only people who commit a fucking felony after causing such small amounts of damage are in some other way doing something illegal.
>>
>Everyone ignoring that OP said in his post that he literally chased him around a corner at 90mph and then the guy crashed
Why did he crash? Because OP was chasing him like a retard. It's his fault.

Stay classy, /o/.

/thread
>>
>>14720853
A better example is that everyone who robs a gas station is in need of money and a criminal shit bag.

GIVE ME ONE LOGICAL REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD COMMIT A HIT AND RUN IF NOT TO AVOID BEING CONFRONTED BY POLICE
>you cant
now shut the fuck up
>>
>>14720870
So if i'm jogging behind you and we near a cliff and i tell you to do a fucking flip and you jump into jagged rocks this shit is my fault?

Fuck off
>>
>>14720870
Why did he crash? Because he continued to speed away and didn't have adequate control of his vehicle.
OP wasn't one inch off his bumper and pushing him off the road.

Why couldn't he pull over? Why couldn't he abide by the speed limits and ignore OP? Why did he speed away in the first place after hitting OP?
>>
>>14720875
Emergency? Poor as fuck? A kid, new to driving, afraid his parents are gonna beat the shit out of him for damaging their car? I dunno, but there are plenty of reasons why.

Mind you, he shouldn't have run. But that doesn't give OP the right to chase him down.
>>
>>14720878
In case you didn't know, there's a difference between jogging behind someone and blasting around a corner at 90 mph. But you're to fucking stupid to understand the difference :-)
>>
>>14720886
>you're to stupid

you did this on purpose right?
>>
>>14720882
WHY DID OP HAVE TO CHASE HIM.

It's not about the other guy. It's OP dumbass
>>
>>14720893
>I have no retort or any logical reply
>I-I'll make fun of his 1 grammar mistake!!
>>
>>14720894
Fucking this. I don't think anyone here is defending the hit-and-run person's actions. He did wrong, but the punishment for that wrong is being chased down, and ultimately being killed by OP? What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Yes, the driver did wrong. But it was not within OP's jurisdiction to deliver justice. You memorize the plate and go on with your life. You do not start a high speed chase; you are not James Bond with a license to kill; you let the state handle that. We are discussing OP's actions, and why he is or is not responsible; by directly starting the chase, I claim he's responsible for the driver's death. THAT'S what we're (or at least I) and trying to state here.
>>
>>14720885
And none of them are valid reasons for committing a hit and run and refusing to pull over.

>>14720894
To get his insurance details :^)
Its ALL about the other guy. Hes the one responsible for the entire situation. END OF STORY.

Hes dead now anyway so who gives a fuck. One less scum bag dumb cunt on the road. maybe if he droev a car that could turn he'd still be alive
>>
>>14720894
not him, but road rage is real

especially for the type of autist that go on 4chan

>>14720908
im not the guy you were arguing with my man
>>
>>14720886
Yeah, the difference is one lets me laugh at your dead corpse without being out of breath.
>>
>>14720915
>maybe if he droev a car that could turn he'd still be alive

insert dodge challenger joke here
>>
>>14719734
Lost my shit when I imagined this
>>
>>14720915
The whole fucking point is that it doesn't matter if the driver did wrong; two wrongs do not make a right. Just because the driver didn't follow the law doesn't mean OP was allowed to chase him down.
>>
Holy shit the amount of asspain ITT from my posts. I love it, please keep it up.
>>
>>14720939
im assuming you were the one that said OP should pay for his crimes for doing the right thing
>>
A person is always responsible for their own actions. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.
If he weren't running away he would not have crashed. If he had slowed down he would not have crashed. If he had never hit OP in the first place he would not have been in the situation to begin with. Deal with it.
>>
>>14719726
>dash cam or blown the fuck out
>>
>>14720938
>two wrongs do not make a right
I don't see why not. Killing a retard improves the general gene pool and increases resources for the rest of us.
>>
>>14720948
Yes, and I'm right and I won the thread.
>>
>>14719727
this so much
>>
>>14720958
kek

you sound just like me when im baiting people

i like you
>>
>>14720911
Boo fucking hoo. Some asshole commits a felony and gets killed trying to get away with it. Do you cry when somebody shoots a robber?
>>
File: 1457330269379.gif (313 KB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
1457330269379.gif
313 KB, 300x182
>>14719704
>they fly off the road and into a tree

You did gods work anon.
>>
>>14720206
OP could just have written down their plates.

Why would they be obligated to stop because you want to change insurance information?
>>
>>14719704
Natural selection at its finest.
>>
File: 1403_88.jpg (23 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1403_88.jpg
23 KB, 426x240
>nigger breaks into your house, rapes your wife/children and steals your valuables
>you wake up from deep slumber in your computer chair and realize whats happening
>grab baseball bat and confront nigger
>he runs
>chase after him, he trips down your front stairs, cracks his skull and leaks what little brains he has on your footpath
HUUR DUUR HE DINDU NUFFIN WHYD YOU KILL HIM FOR
>>
>>14720426
The thing is, just reporting the license plate isnt going to do shit. I dont know how many times ive seen people report plates to the cops and the cops are like "we'll be on the lookout" and thats the end of the story. Unless the vehicle is stolen, not a thing is going to be done. So yes, pursuing the vehicle turns the situation into a legal nightmare, road rage and all that shit, but at least when you do pursue you know that legalities will be involved, as opposed to "hit and run, enjoy the damage to your car because no one is going to be held accountable".

Honestly, best thing to do imo is call the cops (hands free, put that shit on speakerphone or bluetooth or whatever to avoid opening that can of worms) as you pursue, say that they pulled a hit and run and that they are trying to get away. Report the license plate number while youre on the phone, along with car make, model, and color, and the current location. Pursue until the dispatcher has confirmed that an officer has been sent out. Even then, you might want to continue following at a distance and just report locations to the dispatcher
>>
>>14721028
If you get into an accident both parties are required to stop. Otherwise it's a hit and run.
>>
>>14721040
I don't remember that bit of information from driving school.

Maybe it's different here.
>>
>>14721049
...here is Russia I'm guessing?
>>
>>14719704
HAHAHAHAH

DUDE

GOOD JOB

GG NO RE TO THEM

YOU HAVE LITERALLY ASCENDED
>>
>>14719734
10/10
>>
What are you complaining about, OP? That's divine retribution right there.
>>
>>14720710
OP isnt liable

Its not like he forced them off the road he backed off and watch them crash
>>
>>14719734
lmfao
>>
File: laughing_pepe.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
laughing_pepe.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>14719734
>>
File: cat bear monkey thing.jpg (130 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
cat bear monkey thing.jpg
130 KB, 640x854
OP here.

I think I am liable..to a degree.

I didn't intend for them to crash.

I should have slowed down sooner...although if they had been paying more attention, they would have had more than enough time to slow down...

I shouldn't have chased them.

I probably shouldn't have left.

And I REALLY shouldn't have posted this from my apartment's wifi.
>>
>>14723203
You'll be fine OP, it was their fault. They decided to take the turn going 90mph, they decided to buy the car that lolcantturn. You're all good senpai.
>>
File: cat bear thing.jpg (771 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cat bear thing.jpg
771 KB, 1024x768
>>14723231
I'm sure you're right...and I know I'm still a little responsible, But fuck them for hitting my car, trying to drive off, AND being shitty drivers with no fucking awareness.

Hope they didn't die or get fucked up too badly though.
>>
itt:
>what is proportionality
>>
>>14723294
im a euorpean and i dont understand big words like americans do so can you please explain what you mean

sorry for the typos im bad at english unlike americans, they are great
>>
File: 1458206238713.png (202 KB, 416x500) Image search: [Google]
1458206238713.png
202 KB, 416x500
>>14719734
>>
>>14723299
Verhältnismäßigkeit
>>
>>14719866
So he was racing you and then crashed, and you think it's your fault?
>>
>>14723312
i too wish i was american
>>
This is what happens when you have such an easy driving test.
>>
>>14721052
no, in Russia both parties have to stop and wait for fucking ~3 hours for cops
>>
File: vnKflnj.jpg (194 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
vnKflnj.jpg
194 KB, 800x600
So, a thief took OP's purse and ran, and OP chased him. Then the thief was hit by a car because he tried to escape after commiting a crime.

Obviously OP's fault, case closed.
>>
>>14720119
>didnt get seriously hurt
> ~90mph into a tree
Im sure he was fine
>>
>>14719704

2/10

Put link to local news story or it didn't happen.
>>
>>14723861
if this was fake i doubt he'd post this on the slowest board on 4chan

might be tho, never know
>>
>>14723875

If it's not fake then he can post a link.

Every local news outlet reports on accidents, especially if someone is killed.
>>
>>14720222
>I rule in favor of Jamal, who broke into your house and slipped and fell on the knife in your kitchen. You should really think twice before leaving those things lying around.
>>
>>14720444
go home bus rider
>people don't tailgate on the highways at 80+

Confirmed for having never driven in the highway
>>
>>14723890
Literally just googled it. Is it this one?
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/03/hit-and-run_victim_follows_all.html
>>
>>14720911
The punishment for a hit and run shouldn't be death, but if you take a corner at 90mph trying to flee the scene that's your own damn fault. If the guy pulled over when he hit OP like he should have, there wouldn't have been a problem. OP wasn't on his ass in the corner, he chose to take it faster than his car could handle. Stop victimizing the criminal.
>>
>>14719736
> you're responsible for other people's actions
lol
>>
>>14723956

>March 17th

Nope.

Pay attention to details
>>
but the other driver was already fleeing the scene dangerously after commiting a felony

how is him acting like a nigger to avoid paying for damages OP's fault?

>>14720578

I bet you are the kind of person who has a Arms Are For Hugging bumpersticker and who posts on cuckbook after getting mugged about how muggers are misunderstood
>>
File: O loves me.png (2 KB, 576x27) Image search: [Google]
O loves me.png
2 KB, 576x27
>all these replies
OP belongs in jail.
>>
>>14720222
Chasing down the offender is Fucking retarded. What are you gonna do when the chase ends? Fight them?

Jesus some of you people are retarded.

Get their plates and then call the cops to report a hit and run
>>
File: watermelon.jpg (39 KB, 489x556) Image search: [Google]
watermelon.jpg
39 KB, 489x556
>>14720834

>am i meant to assume he's just there for a pepsi?

No, don't be so ignorant. Pic related.
>>
>>14719736
you're on the wrong board, faggot.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
OP you were dumb to chase them, but they were doubly and triply dumb to hit you, run, then crash. What you witnessed was natural selection at work.
>>
>all these faggot(s) defending a felon
Back to /lgbtf/
>>
>>14719734
Ice cold nigga
>>
>>14720953
Huh. I always thought it was blasted the fuck out.
>>
>>14720530
WE NEED SOMEWHERE TO POINT THE FINGER AT. SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE BLAMED
>>
>>14726612
Hey man we don't want him either
>>
>>14719736
> Being this much of a cuck and thinking the cops care, or will investigate a hit and run.
>>
As an attorney my advice would be for OP to claim he was following at a much further distance than he was and was looking for an opportunity to get close enough to read the perp's plate.

Many states have compulsory stop-and-assist laws so if OP is in one of those states he might be guilty of a crime anyway.
>>
>>14724080
OP didn't say when it happened.
>>
>>14727272
Yes he did.
>I think i killed someone today.
>>
>>14727272
He said today in the first post.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.